Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Wave posted:

I think it's not a safe bet that there even will be an Elbaf arc. It won't be safe for the straw hats to be anywhere soon.

There's going to be an Elbaf arc, and an All Blue arc :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Wider speculation, not neccessarily dependent on this arc: If Blackbeard's main fruit is a logia that can shut down other Devil Fruits and Shop-Vac the landscape, that has the drawback of absorbing, not ignoring damage, and the fruit he gained from Whitebeard is the most destructive fruit in the series (Oda's said that Akainu's fruit is the most offensively powerful, but the Gura Gura is the most destructive to the world at-large). Which fruit is best for defenseIT'SBARTOLOMEO. IT'S BARTO. OH GOD BLACKBEARD'S GONNA KILL MY DUDE AND GET THE BARRIER FRUIT.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The whole thing about Saul being alive from a little while back is what makes me think we’re likely going to at least visit Elbaf for a time en route to the final arc

As for the All Blue, I personally subscribe to the theory that it technically doesn’t exist but will be created when the barriers between the oceans are broken down (the only contradiction with that is that I believe Sanji mentioned having seen some proof hinting at the All Blue’s existence in his story back on the Baratie)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Larryb posted:

The whole thing about Saul being alive from a little while back is what makes me think we’re likely going to at least visit Elbaf for a time en route to the final arc

As for the All Blue, I personally subscribe to the theory that it technically doesn’t exist but will be created when the barriers between the oceans are broken down (the only contradiction with that is that I believe Sanji mentioned having seen some proof hinting at the All Blue’s existence in his story back on the Baratie)

all blue probably did exist but the WG put the red line in the way im betting

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

No Wave posted:

I think it's not a safe bet that there even will be an Elbaf arc. It won't be safe for the straw hats to be anywhere soon.
I feel like the nation full of literal giants which doesn't co-operate with the World Government which is occupied by a most likely somewhat friendly Emperor has to be one of the safer places they can be

anime was right posted:

all blue probably did exist but the WG put the red line in the way im betting
Yeah I think the idea that the One Piece will somehow destroy the Red Line (leaving the world in "one piece") is one of the stronger theories, partly because that would create the All Blue at the points where the four oceans meet. It would also conveniently help fight the government by destroying Marijois, fulfill the prophecy that Luffy will destroy Fishman Island, allow Brook to reunite with Laboon almost immediately and potentially allow Nami to map what was previously unmappable Grand Line waters

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Do we get a chapter next week or are we on a break? Is it too soon to tell?

Yes chapter next week. No break. :)

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The crew also need to see whatever is at Lodestar Island

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JuniperCake posted:

Having it be some giants from elbaf does make sense.
Strawhat armada would still be awesome ... but it being the giants or even blackbeard's people does seem more likely because those are the folks we know are close by relatively right now.

I mean one of the crews in the Grand Fleet is literally a bunch of giants who might have sailed to Elbaf in order to get a suitable ship or more people for their crew...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure if they actually have a reason to go to elbaf, but they want to go there which is reason enough. before laugh tale there's still the final road poneglyph, the rest of the elders, vivi, the revolutionaries, imu, the other emperors, etc. i expect some of those dangling plot threads to appear on elbaf even though absolutely none of them are supposed to be on the island. even shanks had planned to leave elbaf by now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The reason is that Saul is there and Robin wants to see him

Also going to Elbaf has been one of Usopp's main goals since Alabasta

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Beaten, see above.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 26, 2024

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The crew also need to see whatever is at Lodestar Island

They can skip it, although I hope that it is mentioned what exactly made it so difficult to get there that only Roger could do it. Catviper said that lodestar had information about the poneglyphs and of a secret last island, which is what spurred Roger into another run of the Grand Line. The Straw Hats already have that info, they havent needed to go there since Alabasta really.

e: Saul isnt from Elbaf!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm not sure if they actually have a reason to go to elbaf, but they want to go there which is reason enough. before laugh tale there's still the final road poneglyph, the rest of the elders, vivi, the revolutionaries, imu, the other emperors, etc. i expect some of those dangling plot threads to appear on elbaf even though absolutely none of them are supposed to be on the island. even shanks had planned to leave elbaf by now.

luffy wants to go to elbaf. they will go to elbaf.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also like I can easily see Elbaf just being kind of a breather arc like Zou, spend maybe six months, get a bit of a lore dump, get into a fight, then push on

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also like I can easily see Elbaf just being kind of a breather arc like Zou, spend maybe six months, get a bit of a lore dump, get into a fight, then push on

We literally said this about egghead and here we are 50+ chapters later

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Elbaf will be the Usopp arc

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Just a quick, 20 minute adventure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In and out, it'll be fine

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Just a quick, 20 minute adventure.

Waffleman_ posted:

In and out, it'll be fine

— Me when I started the Saobody arc

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

it's urouge

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they want to go there and they need a destination after escaping from egghead and it's the next island over, so that's all reason enough yeah. i fully expect them to learn about the last road poneglyph there somehow, and potentially even finally reunite with shanks since we know he's around at the moment. it doesn't really seem too difficult to make a lot of the other dangling plot threads be relevant on elbaf and maybe one more island at most before laugh tale. for instance, morgans could go there in search of the straw hats after the egghead incident because he wants more scoops from their exploits, which gets vivi involved, it doesn't seem hard to have morgans show up almost wherever in search of BIG NEWS.

idk why anyone would doubt that it's the next arc after it was explicitly stated as the next destination, maybe people are just traumatised after yamato didn't join the crew

lih fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 26, 2024

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Garp rescue arc detour from elbaf

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I dunno if the strawhats can make it to Elbaf or save anybody, they’re up against an admiral and it turns out this elder guy is a monster too. Plus there’s a buster call on the way. It’s not looking good for our protagonists, I can’t see how they’re going to get out of this mess.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah tbh beginning to have doubts about Luffy's ability to become the Pirate King with these odds stacked against him.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Dream's over, pack it in.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Focus now shifts to Koby becoming King of the Marines.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Note: Luffy died on his way back to Foosha Village

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Perhaps a 3 hour tour.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I dunno if the strawhats can make it to Elbaf or save anybody, they’re up against an admiral and it turns out this elder guy is a monster too. Plus there’s a buster call on the way. It’s not looking good for our protagonists, I can’t see how they’re going to get out of this mess.

Tbh at this point a Buster Call kinda feels anemic beyond conveying how loving over this situation Saturn is, like oh no, the navy are gonna use normal weapons, and there’s…one Admiral and an awakened demon zoan. Like I feel like a not-busy Zoro could just gently caress up that entire collective fleet of warships at this point.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Even if many of the Straw Hats would be hard to directly kill with conventional weapons it's still going to be A Problem if the island they're on is physically destroyed by a Buster Call.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

yeah it's time for kuma to send everyone on a trip to their own individual training arcs again. even each of the vegapunks gets their own training arc this time. then they will finally be smart enough to defeat saturn

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Ah, what's the worst that could happen if they fall in the ocean? They can swim, they're pirates!

...I'm being informed that a solid chunk of the crew cannot swim.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Tbh at this point a Buster Call kinda feels anemic beyond conveying how loving over this situation Saturn is, like oh no, the navy are gonna use normal weapons, and there’s…one Admiral and an awakened demon zoan. Like I feel like a not-busy Zoro could just gently caress up that entire collective fleet of warships at this point.

last arc’s conflict ended with all of the straw hats and their allies struggling to avoid burning to death in a mostly regular building fire and were just barely saved by raizo and jimbe. im pretty sure conventional weaponry is just as deadly to the straw hats as abstracted devil fruit punches

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why has no one simply tried to shoot Zoro. Are they stupid.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
This makes me wonder how they choose which islands get bustered and which get sky lasered. Because this seems more of a sky laser situation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Egghead is probably too prominent/important to have never existed

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I'm fully on board with wanting the mystery saviors of that civilian ship to be the Grand Fleet who then also cut a hole through the navy's blockade so the crew can sail out of there. Just really want a sequence where the WG gets reminded what it means to gently caress with an Emperor

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

This makes me wonder how they choose which islands get bustered and which get sky lasered. Because this seems more of a sky laser situation

The sky laser thing seems to be a new development, since they need whatever power source Vegapunk created to make it function. If Imu wanted something gone and had the power to do so at will, without having to rely on a Buster Call, they likely would have done it already.

Also, given how close they are right now to securing said power source, if they completely destroy Egghead, that means whatever is happening on the island right now is so dangerous to them that they're willing to wait around for another unknown length of time for some other genius in the future to eventually invent something to power their sky laser battery.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Funky Valentine posted:

The Franky Family tried to shoot Zoro, making them the smartest enemies to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Isn't one of the CP9 techniques literally just shooting someone with finger guns?

What I'm getting at here is that Lucci is indeed stupid.