Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Malikov posted:

Thurston thinks Netflix will be around in 20 years ?

LOL

Yes? Because it will be? And probably be bigger than it is now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Netflix having to finance its own productions definitely feels like it has more risk than the company would like but it's weathered the onslaught of other Streaming services and still has a decent subscriber base so unless they do something dumb they should still be around

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Netflix having to finance its own productions definitely feels like it has more risk than the company would like but it's weathered the onslaught of other Streaming services and still has a decent subscriber base so unless they do something dumb they should still be around

When the streaming wars began and all the studios started their own services and stopped licensing shows to netflix all netflix had to do was to stay in business until the other services failed. They've pretty much succeeded. All the other companies are starting to realize it's a lot easier taking licensing money from netflix then losing billions on their own streaming service just so you can have all of The Office money.

NBCU, WBD, and Paramount are all in battle to buy/get bought by each other. WBD is already licensing their shows and movies to Netflix again. Netflix would for sure be the last one standing in 20 years.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

1glitch0 posted:

When the streaming wars began and all the studios started their own services and stopped licensing shows to netflix all netflix had to do was to stay in business until the other services failed. They've pretty much succeeded. All the other companies are starting to realize it's a lot easier taking licensing money from netflix then losing billions on their own streaming service just so you can have all of The Office money.

NBCU, WBD, and Paramount are all in battle to buy/get bought by each other. WBD is already licensing their shows and movies to Netflix again. Netflix would for sure be the last one standing in 20 years.

Hey look someone on this subforum who actually understands the dynamics of the entertainment business/streaming wars

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
My favourite thing about the streaming wars is, like Steam, original netflix resulted in a dramatic decrease in piracy due to ease of access and thus piracy lost its necessity. Then every studio made their own and piracy is back up again due to loss of access. Turns out people will only download a car when you make it loving hard to get a car.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just like with Steam, it was painfully obvious that the people going,"Hey, Netflix got in first and made it work, let's fracture everything unnecessarily because we're positive WE can be Netflix instead by doing what they're already doing but worse and making it more inconvenient for people who want our stuff to get it!" were going to end up either failing and folding or just limping along while making everything worse for everybody.

And therefore, by the transitive property, New Japan World should incorporate Stardom World as part of its package :mad:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the costs and money involved Netflix was never gonna end up as the only streaming service and competition for streaming in general entertainment is good but boy howdy the rush for everyone to make their own service so things would ended up like Cable but worse was just so massively dumb

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

David x Brandon & Pollock freshened things up by having a notification sound going off every twenty seconds and Meltzer’s audio randomly dipping in & out. RIP dying fire alarm & paper noises, this is the new hotness

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Trying posted:

David x Brandon & Pollock freshened things up by having a notification sound going off every twenty seconds and Meltzer’s audio randomly dipping in & out. RIP dying fire alarm & paper noises, this is the new hotness

Thankfully that was fixed after a couple of minutes. The talk itself wasn't particularly worthwhile, though.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Netflix will def be around in 20 years the One Piece Live Action and anime remake are gonna carry the company forever!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Will Suzuki play himself in One Piece?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1750220768284410082?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

Will Suzuki play himself in One Piece?

no, perhaps you’re out of the loop but WWE fans have informed me that most netflix shows will now be using WWE wrestlers as actors to help cross promote

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Netflix is gonna love putting their WWE superstars in shows like, is it cake, and nailed it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nailed it is great, I’d watch a WWE special

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I feel like Miro is the perfect wrestler for nailed it. Just a big goofy incoherent guy, that loves his wife but can't bake for poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Picturing Brian Cage trying to make everything out of protein powder he brought from home

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I feel like Miro is the perfect wrestler for nailed it. Just a big goofy incoherent guy, that loves his wife but can't bake for poo poo.
okay but get this - Big E

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nailed it is great, I’d watch a WWE special

The Mexican version did an episode hosted by Psycho Clown once.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

nicole byer and cena are already buds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA0YdF-Zuh8

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1750649101417677107

Dave’s going on the news again

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogg3trO6CBc

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

https://youtu.be/lqADaDBfTDk?si=yZu60e_vpWLctOsI

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really good Lance take.

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1750669017189097813

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I haven't read the court documents because honestly I don't want to subject myself to the kind of horrible poo poo I'd know I'd see in there, but Bryan skimmed through what he could over-the-air and Lance I think (might have been Mike?) was completely right when he said the description of how they met was basically a textbook description of a sexual predator seeing a potential victim. Just revolting stuff.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't read the court documents because honestly I don't want to subject myself to the kind of horrible poo poo I'd know I'd see in there,

it's horror

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got to the third comment before someone blamed the victim ugh Twitter sucks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't read the court documents because honestly I don't want to subject myself to the kind of horrible poo poo I'd know I'd see in there, but Bryan skimmed through what he could over-the-air and Lance I think (might have been Mike?) was completely right when he said the description of how they met was basically a textbook description of a sexual predator seeing a potential victim. Just revolting stuff.

Just know it's really really bad. Like imagine what you think would be a typical scandal like this now imagine a really bad version of that. The accusations in the lawsuit are multitudes worse than what you just imagined

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Jerusalem posted:

I was honestly shocked the building manager who introduced them wasn't named in the suit because that read like they had absolutely provided financially desperate women to their penthouse tenant before.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Jerusalem posted:

observer this week has it in basically it's entirety

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

Just know it's really really bad. Like imagine what you think would be a typical scandal like this now imagine a really bad version of that. The accusations in the lawsuit are multitudes worse than what you just imagined

i havent felt right since i read it last night

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Karma Tornado posted:

I was honestly shocked the building manager who introduced them wasn't named in the suit because that read like they had absolutely provided financially desperate women to their penthouse tenant before.

This plus all of Vince's personal assistants facilitating everything

graph posted:

i havent felt right since i read it last night

Also this :(

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Karma Tornado posted:

This was my thought too. And how often has this building manager done this? Or someone else in Vince’s periphery.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
well back on topic, i listen to denise and reg after dynamite in the shower and they both agreed the wardlow gimmick needs to be completely razed, i think i might agree with them

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

well back on topic, i listen to denise and reg after dynamite in the shower and they both agreed the wardlow gimmick needs to be completely razed, i think i might agree with them

I feel like the big problem is what even is the wardlow gimmick anymore?

Like, he started as MJF’s muscle, Mr. Mayhem, who can do shooting star presses and crazy powerbombs and poo poo, and then they stripped away the MJF’s Muscle part. Okay, so we get to see his real personality now, and hear from him? Nope, not really, so we have eliminated the core tenet of his personality and not brought out a new side of him to show.

Okay, what’s next? He goes for titles and begins powerbombing dudes a lot. Cool, but now he doesn’t do any crazy explosive flips or anything. We are losing more bits. Then we get to the doldrums of when wardlow lost the belts, did not challenge for the tnt or ROH tv title again, and just powerbombed dudes angrily

Like, we need something to latch onto. Just being a wrestler only works if you do it like shibata and go fully into being a wrestler. Wardlow is a power guy who doesn’t wow the crowds anymore and needs something for people to latch onto. Even his foley sit down-style interviews didn’t take, and the whole dad thing fell flat.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Like, he started as MJF’s muscle, Mr. Mayhem, who can do shooting star presses and crazy powerbombs and poo poo, and then they stripped away the MJF’s Muscle part. Okay, so we get to see his real personality now, and hear from him? Nope, not really, so we have eliminated the core tenet of his personality and not brought out a new side of him to show.

The entire point of his character arc was that he wasn't a bad guy, he was a guy forced into a bad situation to help his financially struggling mother and sisters. That was the new part of his personality.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

The entire point of his character arc was that he wasn't a bad guy, he was a guy forced into a bad situation to help his financially struggling mother and sisters. That was the new part of his personality.

That’s fair, I did forget about that. They didn’t do a huge amount to make that shine through, IMO. It kinda got trial ballooned, and didn’t come back around when it never caught.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

Okay, what’s next? He goes for titles and begins powerbombing dudes a lot. Cool, but now he doesn’t do any crazy explosive flips or anything. We are losing more bits. Then we get to the doldrums of when wardlow lost the belts, did not challenge for the tnt or ROH tv title again, and just powerbombed dudes angrily

Like, we need something to latch onto. Just being a wrestler only works if you do it like shibata and go fully into being a wrestler. Wardlow is a power guy who doesn’t wow the crowds anymore and needs something for people to latch onto. Even his foley sit down-style interviews didn’t take, and the whole dad thing fell flat.

Despite looking how he looks he has dork energy. Like silly himbo energy. Making him a wannabe Goldberg face or Imposing Henchman doesn't work. I'll keep saying it until Tony notices my posts here: Put Wardlow with Brian Cage. They both have dork energy and are big dudes who can inexplicably flip and fly. Let them flip and fly, have them both wear face paint and just be fun bros who go out for pizza with each other and carb out.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
What should their team name be ?

WarCage ?
Cage or Cages of War ?

Malikov fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

Despite looking how he looks he has dork energy. Like silly himbo energy. Making him a wannabe Goldberg face or Imposing Henchman doesn't work. I'll keep saying it until Tony notices my posts here: Put Wardlow with Brian Cage. They both have dork energy and are big dudes who can inexplicably flip and fly. Let them flip and fly, have them both wear face paint and just be fun bros who go out for pizza with each other and carb out.

Holy poo poo that would rule

Beef tag team that the other teams could base off of, and not pricks like the APA were(mostly Bradshaw)

That is a fantastic fuckin idea