Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Ning and Shenhe are ok, but neither of them give the character a hat. All the good outfits give the character a hat (a tiara is a hat [true])

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Still love Klee's outfit.

Klee's outfit is the only one i've spent money on. I love that little witch mage

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Not teaching your playerbase they can influence your decisions is smart. Wisdom would not be making a live service game with a predatory F2P model in the first place.
True, but I mean obviously they can influence your decisions if you're running a live service game with a predatory F2P model. That makes the game significantly more sensitive to ongoing spending trends. It's just a question of what, if anything, will actually result in less spending. They won't change anything if they think everyone's just going to shell out for Xianyun and the Nahida rerun anyway, and they're probably right.

Also I think they actually have bowed to player pressure at least a few times (most notably Zhongli), so that ship has sailed. However, it makes some sense that they'd be more guarded about reacting too quickly to player upset, knowing that they have folded in the past. But they can be pushed, any company can be pushed... but I have no clue how big the CN backlash even really is, so I have no idea if it's enough of a push, or even what they'd be pushing for. So it's hard for me to really care that much.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

It is real and all it costs is a brand-new Playstation 5. Of course if that's not enough you can buy a brand-new car to get 125 free pulls

Only 33k usd for the kazuha Cadillac, it’s a steal.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Only 33k usd for the kazuha Cadillac, it’s a steal.

the... the carzuha....

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Carzuha Cadihara

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 26, 2024

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Xianyun web event is out.

https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1750730286323712222?s=20

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReJenQ_4K78

cheat at solitaire
Jun 25, 2023
My little sister asked me to help her find a new desktop, specifically so she can play this game on ultra. I always thought this could be played on a potato, but apparently her PC can't handle it anymore. Would something like this be good?

The recommended specs say an i7 is better, should she go for that instead? She said the desktops she found with that processor in her budget range all had an RTX 3060 video card, and she wasn't sure if it was more important to get a better processor or a better video card.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

cheat at solitaire posted:

My little sister asked me to help her find a new desktop, specifically so she can play this game on ultra. I always thought this could be played on a potato, but apparently her PC can't handle it anymore. Would something like this be good?

The recommended specs say an i7 is better, should she go for that instead? She said the desktops she found with that processor in her budget range all had an RTX 3060 video card, and she wasn't sure if it was more important to get a better processor or a better video card.
A recent-gen i5 or equivalent should be totally fine. I run it at max settings on an i5-13600K with absolutely no trouble at all.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 26, 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I was playing Genshin on decent settings with a $300 PC tower from retail, it's not as intensive as you might think it is, the only real differences between medium/high settings into ultra is like, how much grass is on the ground, how bright the sun is, and how clear something on the other side of the planet it so it's not a huge deal to most people. If anything, playing on a PS5 looks better than it does on my high-end PC

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Kale
May 14, 2010

I like how Xianyun/Cloud Retainers character now is roughly, ":stonk: I...i...it's not like one wanted anybody to visit one's abode or anything....wha...one....just wanted to show off one's crafting prowess to everybody and how superior one is :smug:....bakastupididiot :colbert:..........:unsmith:"

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 26, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if shes okay playing on console/a tv you could just get her a ps4, those are only like 150-200 these days

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it would run worse on the ps4

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Better video card should be a priority. You don't need an i7 for a mid-range card like the 3060.

This is probably the best value desktop right now. $669 for an i5-equivalent and a 3060. A 3060 can probably run Genshin at Ultra at 1080p.
https://www.newegg.com/lenovo-90rb002qus-legion-t5-26amr5/p/N82E16883370562

If she has a bit more cash, this one has a i7-12700 and a 3080 for $1099 which is probably good enough for Genshin Ultra at up to 4k resolution.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275524515668

There were a bunch of deals with a i7-12700k and RTX 3080 for $999 over Black Friday, but those deals are all long unfortunately.

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 26, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mika. And then Ben again RIGHT after

What the gently caress???

cheat at solitaire
Jun 25, 2023

Boat Stuck posted:

Better video card should be a priority. You don't need an i7 for a mid-range card like the 3060.

This is probably the best value desktop right now. $669 for an i5-equivalent and a 3060. A 3060 can probably run Genshin at Ultra at 1080p.
https://www.newegg.com/lenovo-90rb002qus-legion-t5-26amr5/p/N82E16883370562

If she has a bit more cash, this one has a i7-12700 and a 3080 for $1099 which is probably good enough for Genshin Ultra at up to 4k resolution.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275524515668

There were a bunch of deals with a i7-12700k and RTX 3080 for $999 over Black Friday, but those deals are all long unfortunately.

That first one looks like a good option, we'll probably go with that one.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Mysterious Clipboard drawing #14 is locked hours into the Jett world quest :psyduck: It's the absolute last thing I need to do to completely clear out the Aranara stuff I wonder what their reasoning locking just one picture behind a long chain was

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wow...so uh, I guess this sailor guy just tortured and then killed those 2 other sailor dudes in this fontaine quest.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wow...so uh, I guess this sailor guy just tortured and then killed those 2 other sailor dudes in this fontaine quest.

They went back to where sailors come from, that's all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

it would run worse on the ps4

tbf it runs a lot better now on the PS4 now than it did a year or so ago. Things load much faster and with much less slowdown.

But if you're looking at a cheaper option, might as well go with a PS5. That'll at least last a few more years and you're guaranteed that you'll be able to run most games for the next few years

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
4.5 should be on the beta before 4.4 launches, right? I've love some hard facts about the 4.5 5-star (Chiori?) before Raiden's banner rotates; I have a long-term project to get her to C2 exclusively by winning 50-50s, and if 4.5 isn't going to have someone new I care about, I have a big enough primo hoard to sneak in a last-minute shot at it now.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

4.5 should be on the beta before 4.4 launches, right? I've love some hard facts about the 4.5 5-star (Chiori?) before Raiden's banner rotates; I have a long-term project to get her to C2 exclusively by winning 50-50s, and if 4.5 isn't going to have someone new I care about, I have a big enough primo hoard to sneak in a last-minute shot at it now.

We aren't going to get anything definitive until like a day or two into Xianyun's banner sadly. There's a lot of dueling leaks out there right now that basically nothing is sure.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

FractalSandwich posted:

The beta starts the same day as the patch, I think, so at best if you were in with the leaks crowd you'd get the info as soon as 4.4 starts. Too late for Raiden I'm afraid.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Ugh. I should probably just take the 50-50 then, since the iteration time on that plan is so long. I'll still be able to force two 5-stars in the next two patches if I have to; it'll just limit my options for rolling on reruns if I specifically win this 50-50, then lose all the rest from now on. I think that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I don't recommend any newer players who might be lurking imitate this strategy unless you're very confident in your maths.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Xianyun's signature weapon is disgusting. Not only does it bring a huge damage boost to the team but it's also only triggered by plunging attacks meaning it's almost completely useless to everyone except her lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Birdonetta

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
My wife is excited for Xianyun because it means she can finally stop using Jean on all her Xiao teams.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Ugh. I should probably just take the 50-50 then, since the iteration time on that plan is so long. I'll still be able to force two 5-stars in the next two patches if I have to; it'll just limit my options for rolling on reruns if I specifically win this 50-50, then lose all the rest from now on. I think that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I don't recommend any newer players who might be lurking imitate this strategy unless you're very confident in your maths.
Update: I lost the 50-50 to Tighnari C5(!), so it didn't matter anyway.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
God damnit why does cloud retainer have to use the whale boss mats? That is so incredibly annoying. It's been 3 months and I'm still timegated on upgrading skills for Furina and Navia because I've been getting 2 whale drops for 11 out of 12 weeks. I'm probably looking at 5 months total now. :argh:

5.0 is gonna drop and I'll still be grinding for Fontaine mats.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Update: I lost the 50-50 to Tighnari C5(!), so it didn't matter anyway.

If you get him C6, I can be jealous

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Tampa Bae posted:

Xianyun's signature weapon is disgusting. Not only does it bring a huge damage boost to the team but it's also only triggered by plunging attacks meaning it's almost completely useless to everyone except her lol
Pour one out for anyone that went for Furina's weapon and now goes for Nahida's weapon but ended up with two incredibly specific catalysts instead.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Pour one out for anyone that went for Furina's weapon and now goes for Nahida's weapon but ended up with two incredibly specific catalysts instead.

Nahida's weapon is actually good on Nahida and Yae. And Sucrose, but arguably not as as good as sac frags.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Sanctum posted:

God damnit why does cloud retainer have to use the whale boss mats? That is so incredibly annoying. It's been 3 months and I'm still timegated on upgrading skills for Furina and Navia because I've been getting 2 whale drops for 11 out of 12 weeks. I'm probably looking at 5 months total now. :argh:

5.0 is gonna drop and I'll still be grinding for Fontaine mats.

Well, because the design choice is actually a simple binary between filling up a new boss with a succession of new characters, or make an older boss that already provides mats for a half dozen other characters even more packed. Each one has downsides, but Mihoyo has always tended to choose the former and stick with it.

Pretty much every single new character they add until the patch that adds Fontaine's second weekly boss is going to use Whale mats, regardless of what nation that character hails from. When we do get that second boss, every character up to and including the first patch that adds Natlan will use that boss instead.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Xianyun is the niche catalyst haver in this case. I'm definitely interested in it though, knowing I'll get her in <10 pulls.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv5-vo8lnf0

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It is a disgustingly hyper-specialized personal weapon, but man, that is a pretty huge buff. I'm just not sure who can actually use it naturally other than Xianyun (setting aside whether you'd want to or find it a good idea). Sucrose can't create updrafts, Ningguang can't climb her construct, most characters are too short to get launched for a dragonstrike plunge. I guess Wriothesley could potentially dragonstrike with Diona, if that's a thing that works with his animations? I mean, it would be pretty dumb to put Xianyun's fan on Wriothesley, I'm just trying to imagine anyone who can actually activate the buff other than her.

Oh I guess Wanderer could do it. I mean, I don't know why you would want Wanderer to do it, he just would have the ability to do it.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The obvious answer is to use Xianyun and then put the weapon on a different catalyst character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's fine. Most character specific weapons are like a 10-20% damage boost over the more easily available 4 stars anyway. If that amount of DPS is important in a casual game then go nuts chasing it, if it makes one happy. Otherwise battlepass, regular gatcha or even crafted weapons are more than sufficient.

It's the allure of min-max bigger number that gets people going.