Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

He does have a superhuman ability to always pick a terrible time to do this poo poo.

Anyway game falling apart, zero surprise.

I mean, if the Panthers want to win with only two goals I’m starting to think keeping the Pens on the PP for the rest of the night might be the way to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For a good chunk of this season we’ve had better offense on our PK than our PP, so this might be the plan.

Damnit it’s 2am and I didn’t even mean to tune into the whole game, but I feel like it’s gonna be a late one.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

The Panthers are kind of a poo poo heel team. Hope they never win poo poo

Paul Maurice doing his thing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah the Jets also played like this under Maurice

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol Letang. Really hope someone doesn't brain you for good :(

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

For a good chunk of this season we’ve had better offense on our PK than our PP, so this might be the plan.

Damnit it’s 2am and I didn’t even mean to tune into the whole game, but I feel like it’s gonna be a late one.

the pens certainly feel like they give up more goals than they score on the PP so it'd not a bad gamble, really

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Rangers suck out loud right now holy poo poo.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I will feel bad for your team when they're not leading the division

maybe

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

The Rangers suck out loud right now holy poo poo.

same with the Pens except you can just get rid of the "right now" part because it's always

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I will feel bad for your team when they're not leading the division

maybe

Not asking you to feel bad, by all means bask in my histrionics but I'm pretty sick of this poo poo out of them.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Not asking you to feel bad, by all means bask in my histrionics but I'm pretty sick of this poo poo out of them.

Eh, if there's a time of the year to get your suck on it's the midway.
They'll have a chance to course correct during the all star break, maybe pick up a few pieces by the deadline to shake themselves loose

It's a long season, even good teams will have ice cold stretches

Granted these naive beliefs may be bolstered by the fact that 2 of the 3 cups I've seen the penguins win came after firing a coach in the middle of a dreadful season but I'm just inclined not to take the regular season as anything more than a very, very long preamble to what may as well be a different sport with no correlation of success between the two

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

you get it out of the way now and then get back on a heater going into the playoffs

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Wow, Logan O'Connor has his wrist shot down tonight. He's already on a career year, had a hat trick 2 games ago and has 2 so far tonight.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Thank you Geno :swoon:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
MacKinnon is unreal.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
hell yeah Gene

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Panthers couldn’t dig deep and find one more penalty to close the game out, sloppy really

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Man LA just looks like dogshit. What happened to them?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I missed 99% of the 3rd for kiddo bed time and I want to say the Penguins are dogshit garbage, but lol they tied it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Simplex posted:

Man LA just looks like dogshit. What happened to them?

They traded two good players for Pierre-Luc Dubois

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

They traded two good players for Pierre-Luc Dubois

They were pretty good too start the season even then. I heard they were playing poorly lately, but they look like the worst team in the league tonight, and it's everybody.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Yo that was sick from Ned.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Great poke check

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Please fire *anyone* god drat.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Simplex posted:

They were pretty good too start the season even then. I heard they were playing poorly lately, but they look like the worst team in the league tonight, and it's everybody.

Early season is always a bit of nonsense tbh, players and coaches still figuring things out and getting up to speed

I’m sure it doesn’t help that everyone on the team is pointing fingers at each other lately though

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol Bob

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Fire Todd Reirden and trade for some finishers please and thanks. This team is bad, but so is the rest of the East apparently.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens continue circling the drain

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pens are literally the only team with a positive goal differential in the bottom half of the league

this is so clearly a coaching issue please Dubas
do loving anything

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Kraken about to secure their wild card spot

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Pens are literally the only team with a positive goal differential in the bottom half of the league

this is so clearly a coaching issue please Dubas
do loving anything

It isn't. It's part of the problem. Currently at 5v5 the bottom 6 is literally unplayable. They are insanely bad. Currently 9 of the 12 forwards are getting caved in xG wise. Ryan Graves is an awful fit in with the D core and the 3rd pairing, regardless of who is on it, is bad. Everything having to do with the powerplay is bad. This is where Dubas has 100% completely and utterly failed. Fire Reirden. It was clear last year this was a problem. You changed the players and it got worse.........change a coach you dumb mother fucker. Otherwise though there are giant issues with players too. Jensen Harkins really sucks. I wish they would by Vinnie back in for him. Colin White really sucks. He barely lasted 6 minutes tonight. At this point why not give double no hips a shot again. Whatever. Everyone else in the bottom 6 sucks.

Edit: Some of the players in the bottom 6 are so bad I barely notice Carter doing bad things (other than when he blows his d coverage like against Arizona) and Carter, somehow, still generates a vague amount of offense.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Manson lights the manson lamp.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

These are pretty lame penalties in a game that hasn't really been that physical. Especially because the refs gently caress up caused the whole situation

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Did anyone else's ESPN+ feed not go to commercial break right away at the end of the period and have someone on the Altitude feed ask who the player interview was and Katie Gauss reply "we're getting Josh Manson"?

idk if it's ESPN+ or Altitude, but I always enjoy when they forget to go to commercial or don't go right away and you hear some behind-the-scenes talk

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

holy poo poo, 36 on the season for Reinhart

what a set of hands he's found since his buffalo days

His previous record of 33 goals was from the COVID-shortened season when Buffalo lost 14 games in a row, he was always good.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

fermun posted:

Did anyone else's ESPN+ feed not go to commercial break right away at the end of the period and have someone on the Altitude feed ask who the player interview was and Katie Gauss reply "we're getting Josh Manson"?

idk if it's ESPN+ or Altitude, but I always enjoy when they forget to go to commercial or don't go right away and you hear some behind-the-scenes talk

The old DirecTV package was awesome for this. Just banter instead of commercials since they grabbed the feed from the remote before it hit the local broadcast mix.

I have a memory of Razor even chiming in one evening that he knew we could hear them talking during the breaks. Mostly just procedural stuff and the occasional attractive fan.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Kraken with another loser point. Shocker.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

fermun posted:

Back years ago, one of NFLs backend services for Gamepass or similar was worked out - if you knew the algorithm you’d know the direct URL for every game that was going to be played, so you didn’t have to deal with pirate feeds you could just watch it from the source. Even better was you’d get a bunch of footage before the game as they tested the graphics, camera sweeps etc.

Reminds me of years ago when they’d bounce programming around satellites and people who knew the coordinates could jump on and grab clear copies from these ‘wild feeds’, so you could get episodes of The Simpsons a day early, or more fun - copies of WWE events with an hour of extra stuff. Commentary test runs, dark matches etc. Fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Super early start time for this flyers game

Also jfc they are getting a lot of hooking penalties in particular lately