Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Would never call any other executive or star in this web a "victim". Vince though, definitely saw them all as toys and it was key in his arousal. The John L and Brock stuff, the claims about the techs, it's not typical cuck stuff. In all cases he's not trying to get on their level or below, he's exerting power and control over everyone involved. Not a "what about the men" post, just definitely my opinion that his violence is both misogyny and a means to elevate himself above other men. And I think his age and physical decline is so damaging to his ego that it made/makes him even more dangerous.

Narcissists do not mellow with age. If they have power, they only become a greater cancer to everything they touch.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
That bit about narcissism sound familiar.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Definitely agree with the point raised upthread that if the only damning thing about someone comes.from something Vince said about them, we take that with a pinch of salt because guess what, abusers lie.

Physical Trainer and Johnny Ace need to be criminally investigated though.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Burn the entire company down and salt the ashes so that nothing else grows out of it. Jesus Christ what a horrific experience for anyone to go through.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Warthur posted:

Laurinaitis is named in the suit. But this is an interesting point that Physical Trainer wasn't when he was actually involved in raping her as well.

(I say interesting in the sense of "I wonder why that is / what legal barrier kept her lawyers from including him")

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Warthur posted:

Definitely agree with the point raised upthread that if the only damning thing about someone comes.from something Vince said about them, we take that with a pinch of salt because guess what, abusers lie.

When I see the posts about Vince showing "techs" and other lower level employees photos and reporting back to the girl about how much they loved it, my gut reaction is not that he made it up. It's that he showed everyone this poo poo, is delusional about everyones feelings about it, or at least knows they have to nod and laugh at his sad display if they want to stay employed. Literally the guy showing off his Survivor Series Egg to a bunch of jobbers in phony awe and envy. Guaranteed some of the bozos he showed poo poo too are godawful people who got a laugh of it, while most others are in that "I need this job to live and I would be fired if i did the right thing" zone.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

haunted bong posted:

Burn the entire company down and salt the ashes so that nothing else grows out of it. Jesus Christ what a horrific experience for anyone to go through.

Not gonna happen but it's so bad that I think a complete rebrand is a realistic scenario. Offline non-wrestling fans I know all saying Vince is a bigger stain than Benoit and that if the way we treat Benoit is the standard, Vince should be completely memory holed.

MasterSitsu fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 27, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Probably time to just delete this: :vince:

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/mr-mcmahon

You are not authorized to access this page.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MasterSitsu posted:

When I see the posts about Vince showing "techs" and other lower level employees photos and reporting back to the girl about how much they loved it, my gut reaction is not that he made it up. It's that he showed everyone this poo poo, is delusional about everyones feelings about it, or at least knows they have to nod and laugh at his sad display if they want to stay employed. Literally the guy showing off his Survivor Series Egg to a bunch of jobbers in phony awe and envy. Guaranteed some of the bozos he showed poo poo too are godawful people who got a laugh of it, while most others are in that "I need this job to live and I would be fired if i did the right thing" zone.

Vince does have a habit since childhood of making stuff up and acting like it happened - see his 'beating up Marines as a teenager' stories which absolutely did not happen - so if he actually had proof of whatever twisted thing he thought was cool I absolutely believe he'd show it off to basically anyone because he would assume they're as interested in it as he is.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Craptacular! posted:

This could be corporate skullduggery where there was a decision that Vince had to go and people inside helped provide access and details about corporate dealings. If they did, they would want to not be identified in the filing.

In other words, it's just as possible Trips helped bury Vince here. Maybe I just want to believe this company will stop being slime toward people, but I still think it makes more sense Vince trusts Dunn with this than the guy who could tell Steph, who could tell Linda.
EDIT: There's also the part where HHH nearly died of heart failure around the time of the NDA stuff.

Id agree here based on your comments. I also think Endeavor has much more information that we do, and they pushed Dunn out recently.

The more I think about it, the more its obvious that Executive 1 absolutely had to go and just the fact that hhh is still there and Dunn isnt says something.

If someone more familiar with the details of the case wants to give other takes, Im open to listening. I just read it the one time.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Vince does have a habit since childhood of making stuff up and acting like it happened - see his 'beating up Marines as a teenager' stories which absolutely did not happen - so if he actually had proof of whatever twisted thing he thought was cool I absolutely believe he'd show it off to basically anyone because he would assume they're as interested in it as he is.

See also Trump's repeated "they begged like a dog" and "a grown man who broke down crying" stories

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mkay0 posted:

Id agree here based on your comments. I also think Endeavor has much more information that we do, and they pushed Dunn out recently.

The more I think about it, the more its obvious that Executive 1 absolutely had to go and just the fact that hhh is still there and Dunn isnt says something.

If someone more familiar with the details of the case wants to give other takes, Im open to listening. I just read it the one time.

Executive 1 is named as a board member, Dunn wasn't on the board. Neither was Carrano, as far as I can tell.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 27, 2024

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MasterSitsu posted:

I actually do think the story about the tech guys is pure fantasy on Vince's part. He absolutely shared her pictures with others like Brock and whoever he trusted sure but that particular story reads like him trying to get himself off. Same with his story about sharing her pictures with a referee who simply had to go run off and masturbate. In Vince's world everyone turns into a cartoon wolf the moment they see a naked woman. I guess we'll never really know unless someone corroborates it now but their reactions read like fiction to me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This is the first time in the 70 or so years of the company that there isn't a McMahon involved anywhere in the company.

As it should be. It's just weird to think about

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This is the first time in the 70 or so years of the company that there isn't a McMahon involved anywhere in the company.

As it should be. It's just weird to think about

Shane still has a talent contract supposedly.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

I actually do think the story about the tech guys is pure fantasy on Vince's part. He absolutely shared her pictures with others like Brock and whoever he trusted sure but that particular story reads like him trying to get himself off. Same with his story about sharing her pictures with a referee who simply had to go run off and masturbate. In Vince's world everyone turns into a cartoon wolf the moment they see a naked woman. I guess we'll never really know unless someone corroborates it now but their reactions read like fiction to me.

Read the affadavit. They are text messages sent FROM vince. Its his own words from his own phone.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
very disgusting and funny(?) watching stans scramble and diffuse the pile of implications that Papa H is Executive Number 1 while the narrative they've built over the past few years of him being the brave good hero disintegrates

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
What do the WWE stans think of what Papa H did to Chyna?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Long-Time Lurker posted:

"Oddly" it never comes up.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cant have her in the hall of fame. Imagine hhhs daughter googling.?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whenever Im away from the forum for a couple hours, I come back hoping to see like 200 new posts in this thread because someone else has been axed in relation to this whole thing. Sadly, thats only happened with Vince so far.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

"it was so touching how they acknowledged her at the DX hall of fame induction 🥹"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MasterSitsu posted:

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/mr-mcmahon

You are not authorized to access this page.

why rebuild the page each time he ignores consequences and comes back when you can just make it private

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

vince mcmahon is so lucky that he stepped down right before cm punk made a public statement absolutely shredding him about the allegations and now that vince is gone it would just be unnecessarily digging up the past to bring it up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"So what do you wanna avoid talkin about?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Executive 1 is named as a board member, Dunn wasn't on the board. Neither was Carrano, as far as I can tell.

Carrano was definitely not a board member. The board of directors is a not a big group and the number of WWE employees on it at any one given time is very small. 3-4 people.

Here is the board in 2020.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's Scherer so he's obviously not a serious person but holy balls this reads like parody.

quote:

For years, a lot of fans couldn’t stomach supporting WWE because of Vince, for various reasons. I always understood their position. For at least a decade now, he was someone I found to be personally reprehensible, and that was before I saw the texts that were in Grant’s lawsuit. As the product got better and better, I heard from many of those people who now felt conflicted, they wanted to watch but they didn’t want to support McMahon in any way. I understood that. The sale of the company made it a bit better. Endeavor’s braintrust realized that Paul Levesque, not Vince McMahon, was responsible for the great creative that was fueling the company’s growth. Vince was pushed to, as Mike Johnson called it, “The Stan Lee role”. But, unlike Lee, Vince was never the likable creator of the universe that was sold to the bigger company, so fans still could feel antsy about him being a part of WWE.

Well now folks, those days are over. Ding Dong The Dingle’s Dead! Vince is gone. Any guilt you felt about supporting or enjoying the product has gone with him.

Any new potential sordid chapter in his lurid story? Not WWE or our problem, it’s all his.

So as you sit down to watch the Rumble tonight, do it in clear conscience and have a great time. The cloud has lifted.

To quote the end of Nash’s song, now that Vince is gone I feel like…

“It's gonna be a bright (bright), Bright (bright) sunshiny day!”

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What the gently caress is wrong with people like that

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

does that guy have brain damage

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's Scherer so he's obviously not a serious person but holy balls this reads like parody.

WWE Derangement Syndrome is real and powerful

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The WWE cult is just going to be a major religion in 200 years, what incredible staying power.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jesus loving Christ

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ivypls posted:

does that guy have brain damage

Something broke in Scherers brain some time ago, and he does not seem to believe he needs the professional help that is incredibly apparent to everyone else who sees his brain frying in real time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That swerved

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sure all of the haters and losers had a good reason for not wanting to watch the entire time Vince existed but now he's dead ("voluntarily" resigned from his own company with no further punishment and his most loyal minions in charge) and you have zero excuses for why you hate the thing he built and shaped in his image. It's perfect logic and if you're mad at him you should be mad at yourself, obviously.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 27, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ding Dong The Dingle's Dead

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

"Oddly" it never comes up.

Hes spent the better part of the last two decades downplaying the extent of their relationship in the 90s, and IIRC, in his work-out book-and-autobiography Making The Game, which was written during the reign of terror and is also where those gurning weightlifting photos come from, shes downgraded to workout buddy.

At the time they also pretty effectively assassinated her character as well. Poor woman deserved better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So glad that the One Bad Person in WWE has been identified and has quit. Now there are no problems in the company at all.