Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

It's not like, an incredible story or anything, but it's competently told, is visually stunning, and has an incredible soundtrack/score and audio design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

there he is!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The favs...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pysduck's originally from pokemon? Huh, I never knew.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dr_rat posted:

he's really changed since he got famous

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Blood Boils posted:

Does Piccolo ever catch a break? I tapped out during the majin buu storyline

In Super gets another classic piccolo power up that's stronger than the saiyans, so he can stall the enemy until the saiyans get another power up to beat the enemy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Psyduck is so loving necessary

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

indigi posted:

Psyduck is so loving necessary

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Yes you’re willing to kill for Psyduck. But are you willing to live for Psyduck?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

galagazombie posted:

Yes you’re willing to kill for Psyduck. But are you willing to live for Psyduck?

What killing for Psyduck isn't living, you heathen???

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Book of Clarence is a biblical epic that is both extremely anti-weed and also anti-cop. Much weirder movie than I expected.

The Apostles are depicted like the NoI's Fruit of Islam when they first appear. Benedict Cumberbatch has a cameo as the white guy that gets confused with the real Black Jesus and remembered by history instead.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

what other things have thrilled and amazed you since you left your cave?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Regarde Aduck posted:

what other things have thrilled and amazed you since you left your cave?

Hey, unlike all you young wipper snappers here I was way to old to be playing? watching? this here "Pokemon" thing when ever it came out.

Only thing we had to play was stick and hoop, and only thing we had to watch was other people play stick and hoop. :colbert:

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

galagazombie posted:

get busy living, or get busy psying

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Whirling posted:

get busy living, or get busy psying

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hjlyknlTaw

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
remember that Crichton book where he wrote a stand in for a guy who criticized him irl as a pedo that gets arrested at an amusement park

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i really dislike the thing they do now where a micro-trailer plays at the beginning of the trailer to let you know you're watching a trailer

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

stop making crimes up about famous people.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

stop making crimes up about famous people.

no

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i really dislike the thing they do now where a micro-trailer plays at the beginning of the trailer to let you know you're watching a trailer

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

TRAILER STARTS NOW

Personally I would click away immediately unless they are playing subway runner clips below the trailer

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's for TikTok and IG so people don't turn the video off instantly. Or at least get a release date in the 3 seconds before they're allowed to skip the ad.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i get that it's probably for some technical reason like they want that to play when you mouse over the trailer instead but idc, it sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The whole trailer should be a series of 5 second clips saying the trailer is about to start .

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

TRAILER STARTS NOW

Oh come on, you need to at least show a splash screen saying the trailers presented by Toyota or something, they haven't waited enough!!!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

five seconds into the next video you watch it should pop up THE PREVIOUS TRAILER ENDS NOW

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
YOU HAVE NOW FINISHED ENJOYING
THE TRAILER

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AWAY FROM
THE TRAILER

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey you can't just release a poster like that with out putting out a poster four month before announcing your going to put out a poster in four month! The public just can't deal with the pure shock of a poster being released without per-announcing, what the hell

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Please don't spoil the prelude to the poster!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My favorite trailer experience was when for a very brief time some MCU trailers would, before the trailer properly started, warn the viewer that the trailer would contain spoilers

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

you sit down in the theater, five second "the trailer starts now" trailer plays for the movie you came to see. then the real trailer plays. then they run the ten minute directors cut trailer. then the movie plays.

credits.

"the movie starts now" appears on screen. video player controls briefly flash on screen: 01:48:00 / 12:53:00

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Srice posted:

My favorite trailer experience was when for a very brief time some MCU trailers would, before the trailer properly started, warn the viewer that the trailer would contain spoilers

I don't remember that but that's funny as hell.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

were there any marvel movies where the villain wasn’t right?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nichael posted:

I don't remember that but that's funny as hell.

iirc it was for the next few movies after endgame? Because they'd have to acknowledge that some of the characters are now dead. That was entirely the extent of the spoilers lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the countdown to the countdown starts now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RandolphCarter posted:

were there any marvel movies where the villain wasn’t right?

Winter Soldier, I think.

Both Robert Redford and Iron Man.