Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

FireWorksWell posted:

Wait till you get to the island

I am actively dreading and simultaneously champing at the bit for it.

I'm also flabbergasted that I'm a good 25 hours into the game and have not only not unlocked that, but still can't change jobs. What is this, DQ7?

(I don't really mind)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

Would be really cool if they dropped a new metro game for psvr2 at the state of play next week

yeah, the insiders have it that state of play will happen sometime between weds and fri this week, Metro is one of the games being whispered, along with more from Death Stranding 2, FF7R, Rise of the Ronin, Silent Hill 2, and the Ken Levine game lol

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 29, 2024

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

the people who paid more for the deluxe edition must be fuming :newlol:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

paging Mr Hootington

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

yeah, the insiders have it that state of play will happen sometime between weds and fri this week, Metro is one of the games being whispered, along with more from Death Stranding 2, FF7R, Rise of the Ronin, Silent Hill 2, and the Ken Levine game lol

Man, I know they always want to advertise more, but I don't want to see any more FF7R stuff. I just want the dang game. Is there really anyone who's on the fence for buying it and needs to see more footage? Someone that watches States of Play but that doesn't already know for sure if they're getting it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Morpheus posted:

Man, I know they always want to advertise more, but I don't want to see any more FF7R stuff. I just want the dang game. Is there really anyone who's on the fence for buying it and needs to see more footage? Someone that watches States of Play but that doesn't already know for sure if they're getting it?

They need to announce the inevitable demo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Morpheus posted:

look away, seriously. i went on media blackout after the release date trailer, and there's been at least 2 trailers in the months between. characteristically the final weeks of a leadup like this offer major spoilers the closer you get to release day, and if you are sensitive to that kind of thing square will continue dropping trailers you will regret watching for the next 4 weeks because yes there are always more people they are hoping to entice into the bulk of release week sales.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ZeeBoi posted:

Probably too much British TV I've seen but I really can't read "fuming" as casual or in my own accent. It has to be fuh-YOOmin'!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Morpheus posted:

I'm on the fence. If there is a story mode or something I might be into it. I detested the combat in the first game and don't want any more of that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ken levine... now theres a name no ones heard from in a while

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm on the fence. If there is a story mode or something I might be into it. I detested the combat in the first game and don't want any more of that.

you watch the trailers then, and def do not post about them ty

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ken levine... now theres a name no ones heard from in a while

Not since he fired his whole studio lmao

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Morpheus posted:

I'd like to know whether maybe they made the dungeons a less miserable slog

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

paging Mr Hootington

I haven't bought the game

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

goblin week posted:

I'd like to know whether maybe they made the dungeons a less miserable slog

I would think so, as now they're not making a game out of the first part of the original, there's way more to explore (hopefully that doesn't just mean dungeons like the lab in Remake, but now more of them)

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

anyone gonna be playing granblue fantasy relink? gonna try it out today, can't wait!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

hey mom its 420 posted:

anyone gonna be playing granblue fantasy relink? gonna try it out today, can't wait!

I do wanna try it but I've got IW so I won't be playing much else for a long time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hey mom its 420 posted:

Yeah but there was no point pre-ordering to play early with LAD8 out

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Granblue Relink being a Monster Hunter style game has me interested. I love a good MonHun-like. Dauntless, God Eater, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, whatever. Gimme gimme.

But yeah, i also just got Infinite Wealth, and I'd be getting the PS4 version of Relink to boot. So I should just wait until I have a PS5 and hope the online isn't dead by then (it will be). How much would the code for the mobile game items go for? If I can recoup some cost with that I might still get it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Would recommend watching a bit of this Suicide Squad launch vid as the streamer gets increasingly baffled and annoyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52BUWAi_X_o

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 29, 2024

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Necrothatcher posted:

Would recommend watching a bit of this Suicide Squad launch vid as the streamer gets increasingly baffled and annoyed:

This looks like the most boring poo poo ever.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I get the feeling that game started out as something different and then WB came along and said "make it DC poo poo and while you're at it make it a GaaS."

Nothing there is what I'd picture in a Suicide Squad game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What a joke - do not give them money.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vintersorg posted:

What a joke - do not give them money.

How long until game appears on Gamepass or PS+ :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I will not play Suicide Squad but I have already written my review: A man named Captain Boomerang should not use a gun. 0/10

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh shoot right. The hell did I confuse myself with then

I'm fairly sure you confused it with how the PS4 account sharing worked. What you described was what I dealt with juggling ps4 accounts over various consoles.

Question for anyone who got in touch with PSN support. After an hour of waiting and leaving my details the chat ended with the message that I would receive a support ticket via email. How long does that usually take? So far I've waited 5 hours and not sure if that's normal.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

I get the feeling that game started out as something different and then WB came along and said "make it DC poo poo and while you're at it make it a GaaS."

Nothing there is what I'd picture in a Suicide Squad game.

They started the project from the wreckage of a failed WB Montreal attempt at a Suicide Squad game during the GaaS bandwagon era which quickly started to show cracks in 2019/2020.

This stupid game has been in development hell for seven years, because like some of the other failed GaaS, it was being developed by a studio not used to this concept.

Is it any wonder the founders of Rocksteady left to start a new studio?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:siren: notable? releases for week 5 (1.29 - 2.5)

Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story (PS5/PS4/X|S/Xbone, 01/31/2024)

Granblue Fantasy Relink (PS5/PS4, 02/01/2024)

Jujutsu Kaisen Cursed Clash (PS5/PS4/X|S/Xbone/Switch/PC, 02/02/2024)

Persona 3 Reload (PS5/PS4/X|S/Xbone/PC, 02/02/2024)

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League (PS5/X|S/PC, 02/02/2024)

a cursed week

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

I will not play Suicide Squad but I have already written my review: A man named Captain Boomerang should not use a gun. 0/10

He's called Captain Boomerang because he drives a Maserati Boomerang

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Just installed my new 2tb SSD. Coupled with the 2tb external SSD for ps4 games, my console now has several times more storage than every console I've ever owned combined.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

Why was this garbage not just canceled?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/PlayStation/status/1752013924554166524?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

If you care to be spoiled about what this whole event is about :

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1adc9z9/shepshal_nick_alludes_to_state_of_play_happening/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1adsj8d/playstation_exclusive_game_concord_will_be/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

and there it is

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Hell yeah let's go, I'm super excited for the rumored list.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Baggot posted:

Hell yeah let's go, I'm super excited for the rumored list.

Also if this list is true and confirms all rumors, that means the PlayStation Showcase in March is gonna be an absolute banger.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Also if this list is true and confirms all rumors, that means the PlayStation Showcase in March is gonna be an absolute banger.

What's that one supposed to be?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Baggot posted:

What's that one supposed to be?

Ghost of Tsushima 2 Teaser
Unannounced Santa Monica Sci-Fi Game
Unannounced Guerrilla Games FPS Game
Unannounced Naughty Dog Fantasy Game

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001