Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

They were the most godly buzzer beater away from the eastern finals dude. Its not like they were a bum team and if they beat the bucks there’s no way they lose to a warriors team where kd’s ankle exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Poppers posted:

They were the most godly buzzer beater away from the eastern finals dude. Its not like they were a bum team and if they beat the bucks there’s no way they lose to a warriors team where kd’s ankle exploded

eastern finals is like 8 steps away from winning a ring dude and they didnt even make it that far

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

THats right. NBA champion Ben Simmons

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you know how many teams every year make the east finals? tons. and most of them dont win a ring in the end

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Hater? Mad bitch?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yes im a hater and proud of it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

eastern finals is like 8 steps away from winning a ring dude and they didnt even make it that far

If Kawhi misses that shot people would be saying that Kawhi would have won a ring had he made it, and he would have been 8 steps away

Imagine if that KD shot against the Bucks was a 3 instead of a 2. Giannis would have never gotten past the 2nd round of the playoffs and all the talk would be about how he is a fraud and KD/Harden are clutch winning players

I really think the Nets would have beaten the Hawks and Suns but I'm not sure if Philly beats Milwaukee in the ECF after they get past Toronto

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
rondo did nothing wrong (this time)

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

That's right

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i wanna know what kind of gun it was tho. PLEASE do better than Ja Warrant’s tiger

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

If Kawhi misses that shot people would be saying that Kawhi would have won a ring had he made it, and he would have been 8 steps away

Imagine if that KD shot against the Bucks was a 3 instead of a 2. Giannis would have never gotten past the 2nd round of the playoffs and all the talk would be about how he is a fraud and KD/Harden are clutch winning players

I really think the Nets would have beaten the Hawks and Suns but I'm not sure if Philly beats Milwaukee in the ECF after they get past Toronto

yeah thats how it works. if you win then people say youre a winner and if you never win then people say you're not a winner

why are you describing reality like it's outrageous or something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

imagine if michael jordan had lost all 6 of those championships. people might not put him as the best nba player ever. makes you think

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wemby is such a stupid nickname. fuckin nhl rear end Aussie rules rear end nickname

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fart Simpson your posts in the sas nba thread often make me laugh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like every poster in this thread. you're all doing a great job

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

fart Simpson your posts in the sas nba thread often make me laugh

:tipshat:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

yeah thats how it works. if you win then people say youre a winner and if you never win then people say you're not a winner

why are you describing reality like it's outrageous or something

I will not stop indulging counterfactuals like the reality where the refs let the Kings win the title in 2002

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Mean Baby posted:

Thybulle is a pretty good shooter now.

Maybe Matisse Thybulle is too high of a ceiling for Bronny

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

no single triple, im so proud of him

seriously though, having dealt with nerve pain and having had the macro version of the microsurgery he had, I wouldn't wish that poo poo on my worst enemy. i cannot imagine being an athlete and having that kind of nerve problem. whatever happens to him, i hope he fully recovers and has a pain free life.

that out of the way, im going to go back to being a hater

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LFG. Playoff hopes alive and well again

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

In Training posted:

LFG. Playoff hopes alive and well again

this

will always cheer for ben and the brooklyn podcasters

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Azathoth posted:

no single triple, im so proud of him

seriously though, having dealt with nerve pain and having had the macro version of the microsurgery he had, I wouldn't wish that poo poo on my worst enemy. i cannot imagine being an athlete and having that kind of nerve problem. whatever happens to him, i hope he fully recovers and has a pain free life.

that out of the way, im going to go back to being a hater

you wouldn’t wish back pain on hitler, or some guy who sent you angry pms when you probed him? what’s wrong with you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would only wish back pain on MJ because he would play through it anyway and probably have an amazing game.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the difference between ben and embiid is that i dont like embiid, and ben getting paid to sit on the bench makes me laugh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the difference between ben and embiid is that i dont like embiid, and ben getting paid to sit on the bench makes me laugh

same

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the main difference between them to me is that one still unfortunately plays for my favorite team

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Squirrel tryna ball

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/CoachKarl22/status/1751681216678404310?s=20

lamo

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Poppers posted:

no they weren't, the score was tied leading up to the kawhi shot! it would have gone into OT

god drat revisionist history

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

you wouldn’t wish back pain on hitler, or some guy who sent you angry pms when you probed him? what’s wrong with you

I am beatifically calm and content at all times. It is both a blessing and a curse.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ben Simmons half-asses his job because he doesn't like working. He is a relatable and aspirational figure IMO

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Every championship team needs a triple single type guy

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Its game 3 of the NBA finals and Ben Simmons erupts for 9 points :worship:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

looking forward to some workout videos where he just posterizes some 5'9" trainer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Poppers posted:

Every championship team needs a triple single type guy

for the Celtics this is Al Horford and I love that guy

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Al Horford. Draymond Green. Lamar Odom. Some of the best to ever do it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
rookie of the year race gonna be crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

rookie of the year race gonna be crazy!

Lol