Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Not a Rogan fan but him talking about Punk’s UFC run in such pitiable terms on his podcast is very funny.

https://youtu.be/yxleZpWSKQE?feature=shared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody vanquished Lesnar forever

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hey rhodes wheres your wife i wanna show her somethin

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

the escape goat posted:

would also add another hoss to the roster so I’m all for it

bring sheamus too please

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

DLC Inc posted:

Tony Khan signing the man who injured Punk and robbing him of the story being set up would be the most spiteful poo poo imaginable but also extremely hilarious

Tony Khan just fired the man who injured Punk, why would he hire him back?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shard posted:

why did Matt Jackson not finish the fight if he could have? Was he mad at Punk did he not give a gently caress? Has he ever spoken about this?

He did, on Booker T's podcast. Short version: It was extremely clear Punk wasn't prepared the way he thought he was and Jackson didn't want to hurt him more than he had to, especially because it was in Chicago in front of Punk's people. As he put it, being the second guy to finish CM Punk wouldn't have done anything for his career or gotten him paid any more money, so why hurt him unnecessarily.

projecthalaxy posted:

Presumably its a seth petruzelli/kimbo slice situation where dana gave him 50k to not finish

It's actually the other way around, Dana was fuckin' furious with Jackson for it. He called him out for showboating and making the sport look silly, which is pretty funny for the guy who booked CM Punk in multiple real fights, and it kicked off Dana White's personal revenge journey that ultimately cost Jackson several weeks of ball injury recovery.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao jackson should have just ended the fight when punk does that slow rear end spin kick 5 seconds in

e: oh my god the comments lmao

Punk is fighting for his life while Jackson is thinking about what he's gonna have for dinner lol

People give Punk a hard time about his performance in this match, but I think he did a great job blocking Jackson's punches with his face.

Punk (in the corner): What’s the score?
His coach: If you kill him in the next round, we’ll have a tie.

He trained like 2 years only to do that lmao, what the gently caress was he doing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For no particular reason, here is the entire cm punk mickey gall fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR3n9Vdg_xE

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone made one of my favourite posts ever after that fight

“His arms were too short to box with Gall”

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

lmfao they even put him in the video game before he even fought

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Was the a gdt here for that fight?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Suplex Liberace posted:

imagine drew in the ChocoPro dungeon

Goblin Queen posted:

Well we know he can handle performing in pervert wrestling companies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Maybe instead of insulting Punk for trying something new you can appreciate The Legendary The Undertaker for trying something new.

https://twitter.com/MichaelHamflett/status/1752040833635787008

The crop cuts off his collection of wallet chains :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He looks like he should be a roadie for Limp Bizkit

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Shard posted:

Was the a gdt here for that fight?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789373&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A solid 20 minute set about PC culture and pronouns

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoever heckles him is gonna be real upset when they get punched with those gloves!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Endless Mike posted:

Whoever heckles him is gonna be real upset when they get punched with those gloves!

He is, after all, the best pure striker in the WWE!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe instead of insulting Punk for trying something new you can appreciate The Legendary The Undertaker for trying something new.

I appreciate the lengths Undertaker goes to to make me feel embarrassed for ever liking him. That's some real dedication.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol at the motorcycle gloves

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The rhinestoned brass knuckles on the third wallet chain...

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
He looks like a bigger Kid Rock

Is this just razzing Emi fans or did something bad actually happen there?

Goblin Queen fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 30, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

There's a civil war going on with Black people right now, and there's two sides,
                                                                                        /

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
He's gonna make this hecklers sit around the Learning Tree

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://twitter.com/DMcIntyreWWE/status/1752348666495451243?t=hcYxXLYqO2S6fd3jPWZ51w&s=19

He's having fun

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Man Tim Heidecker is pushing this meta reality thing to the edge.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Shard posted:

why did Matt Jackson not finish the fight if he could have? Was he mad at Punk did he not give a gently caress? Has he ever spoken about this?

He kept staring down Dana White during the fight instead of finishing Punk, causing Dana’s face to redden to the color of a ripe tomato.

It absolutely ruled.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shard posted:

For no particular reason, here is the entire cm punk mickey gall fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR3n9Vdg_xE

the exchange of punches from 0:10 to 0:20 seconds is my favorite exchange in all of MMA

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I had never actually seen Punk's MMA fights, I had only just known he did poorly in them, but oh man that was a worse performance then I expected.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It was everything I wanted

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm so glad new people get to discover the depths of Phil's awful MMA career.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

VideoWitch posted:

I had never actually seen Punk's MMA fights, I had only just known he did poorly in them, but oh man that was a worse performance then I expected.

I am the opposite, never saw a single wrestling match. I assumed going in he would be able to grapple at least.

Does he wrestle as poorly as he fights?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vengarr posted:

I am the opposite, never saw a single wrestling match. I assumed going in he would be able to grapple at least.

as of late? yes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vengarr posted:

Well these days his body simply breaks whenever someone looks at him funny. Which is an awful lot.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vengarr posted:

He has never been very athletic but he had a good mind for putting together matches. I enjoyed his work in AEW up until he kept loving up the buckshot lariat and then it became sad and funny. He seems to have only gotten worse since then

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Punk has always been a weird wrestler because he is sloppy a lot but could still have good matches. And that's been through his entire career

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

"Ever notice that some managers are like, 'OH YESSSSS!' while other managers are all, 'I LOOOOOVE YOUUUUU!?'"