Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If they really want to make you have to pay attention to it, at least make every domain in the non-current-region always-Sundays, they already let you mulch for artifact boxes from domains of that age, may as well make leveling these old weapons/characters a little smoother.

Yeah, they just need to do something.

Tampa Bae posted:

my prayers have been answered

• If related achievements of a Commission Quest are not unlocked yet, the probability of that Commission Quest appearing will increase

I'm finally going to be free of inazuma commissions

They also added the ability to just do all the character trials and collect the rewards without having to go back through all the menus, it's great.

But not so great?

...I got QiQi'd :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Within 50 I got:
1 Noelle (c a billion),
3 Faruzan (didn't have her! nice?)
2 Gaming (Give me MORE)
1 Xianyun
1...Dehya??!? on the next 10 after CR

I mean it beats LOSING the 50/50 to get Qiqi'd or Dehya'd

Need c6 of both my 4*s ASAP though

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I only had 5 pity but 80 rolls for Nahida. I had to use all 80 rolls bc ofc I would.

I do have a C5 Gaming though, that was incredibly lucky. I can get his C6 during Lantern Rite and I guess I will end up playing him

Coincidentally my Collei was so close to friendship lvl 10 and I needed one more anemo cube to get it so replacing Collei with Nahida just felt so good

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 31, 2024

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"Two kinds of people today"

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1752529261515465054

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Reformat posted:

no more lods for north of liyue

And requisite pulls:

My first won 50/50 in this game since May, along with c2 Faruzan, c3 Gaming, and that random Candace c

Not sure to who to use the selector on when that comes up now. XL, XQ, Beidou, Yaoyao and I think Ningguang are all maxed, so that just leaves Yanfei (c4) or Gaming (c3). Or, uh, cs for Yun Jin, Xinyan, or Changyun, I guess.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Gaming seems really fun and dynamic to play and his skills look cool, but the bird's skill feels weird and clunky to use, so I guess skipping the banner it is. Shame I won't be able to C6 gaming :\

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
...yeah, this practical Xianyun testing aint gonna happen anytime soon. I like to take my time exploring new areas, but to get her mats you gotta, like, hunt down and individually pick it off the backs of scattered auspicious tortoises.

Did get Fazuzan C6 along the way, tho. I guess Hatboy is finally good now (allegedly) :toot:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I got a Diluc, three Gamings, and two Noelles. gently caress's sake.

Also I can turn into a fish. Now let's save some motherfuckin' tea plants!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Important tech for xianyun is she's allowed to land in between the hops. Helps her horizontal mobility a lot.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The new area is nice and there are lots of goats

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

...yeah, this practical Xianyun testing aint gonna happen anytime soon. I like to take my time exploring new areas, but to get her mats you gotta, like, hunt down and individually pick it off the backs of scattered auspicious tortoises.
There are places where it spawns in clusters on the ground like other ores, too.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Man first they ruined Cloud Retainer (for me, bc I wanted a Furina healer or gather unit but instead she is super niche but hope other like her) and now Chiori is looking like a pass too :(

My only hope was that she could go into Navia teams if she wasn’t another carry, but she’s another def character that I guess will kind of go with a couple geo teams I don’t use anymore because I hate using c0 Gorou.

My only Genshin playtime these days is getting poo poo artifacts from Navia’s domain ever since she came out, and now the other character I wanted is maybe not worth looking forward to. And goddamn that is the laziest weapon I’ve seen. Looks like an event weapon. I hope that’s just some misinformation because it’s embarrassing.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Only threw 40 pulls
1x Faruzan, 3x Noelle (think we're at C12 now)

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

First pull on the banner, 30 pulls since my last five star and I guess I have bird mom? Now I gotta figure out if it's worth to keep going for Gaming.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I only now realize after waiting and grinding Talent mats for her that I have zero idea how to actually build or use Xianyun. I'd say just use the build for Jean as a base... but I kinda fell off doing that too! Don't even know what non-signature weapon she wants!

At least I have Kazuha, Gaming, Furina, and Kokomi so I can maybe build out some sort of teams for her. Oh and Diluc is sitting there in my bench too, I guess.

I guess I could try a hail mary for Xiao in three weeks and not ruin my stash for guaranteeing Neuvelette's rerun in (probably) 4.6?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

rio posted:

Man first they ruined Cloud Retainer (for me, bc I wanted a Furina healer or gather unit but instead she is super niche but hope other like her) and now Chiori is looking like a pass too :(

My only hope was that she could go into Navia teams if she wasn’t another carry, but she’s another def character that I guess will kind of go with a couple geo teams I don’t use anymore because I hate using c0 Gorou.

My only Genshin playtime these days is getting poo poo artifacts from Navia’s domain ever since she came out, and now the other character I wanted is maybe not worth looking forward to. And goddamn that is the laziest weapon I’ve seen. Looks like an event weapon. I hope that’s just some misinformation because it’s embarrassing.

Xianyun is a Furina healer though?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

raverrn posted:

First pull on the banner, 30 pulls since my last five star and I guess I have bird mom? Now I gotta figure out if it's worth to keep going for Gaming.
Depends on your plans for the next few banners, but in the abstract, I think you can definitely keep trying for a little while, at least. I'd be perfectly happy to fluke into a Nahida constellation for super cheap.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

haypliss posted:

Xianyun is a Furina healer though?

Sorry, I meant a Furina healer you could actually use as an improvement over Jean in a number of teams vs. a niche where you use Xiao or pigeonhole other units into it an have to watch their plunge animations all day. More disappointing though is that this is probably another unit they release backwards, expecting people to pull or regret it later because of how Kazuha and Kuki built player fomo. Like watch CR not rerun for two years and Murata is a plunger (not likely but just an example).

I don’t even know how they could make plunging fun for me in a future character. I’m just not into it, but clearly Hoyo is.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Got my Nahida. Her voice lines warm my heart. Time to break continuity by having her join me on the Inazuma archon quest. Had to go on a pilgrimage to find the dendro hypostasis who joined the cryo one in dying to 10+ minutes of undergeared underleveled Amber charged shots until I get my teams sorted out.

and also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPsJU4XJ7vs

I'm guessing by all the memes that I shouldn't rush to build her as well.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean if you don't have Jean she is basically equal if not better than Jean in pure healing, she VV swirls easier. She doesn't group, but she doesn't toss monsters with her skill either. If you never plunge she should still be able to replace Jean. Now she's not much of an improvement to Jean but some of us still don't Jean no matter how much we'd love to use her if we did.

I'm not pulling on her even with my Jeanlessness, because yeah I simply do not enjoy plunging, and if they made Arlecchino pyro Xiao I would kill everyone on Teyvat and then myself.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Well, most of the TC has characters using it as part of a different combo chain from their usual, not just braindead Xiaoing it. Doesn't seem like a thing they need to lean into too hard, you can just make characters with their own thing going on and decent plunge values. Like more Dilucs, but good.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

you may not like it (i certainly don't), but this is what peak xianyun mat farming looks like

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
New player. Been saving for Nahida. Had maybe 30 pity or so.

4 noelles
Rainslasher (might be good for ayato? My only 5* character before tonight)
Lost 50/50 to mona

Then

Noelle
Xinyaun
2 Noelle
Widsith (spelling? Some book)
Gaming
Widsith again
Noelle again
Nahida finally

7 wishes left. I'll probably throw some at cloud retainer for fun. I haven't played in 2 weeks, got kind of burnt out, and wanted to wait for Nahida anyways.

Before today, my Noelle was c0, heh. At least I had recently built her out to use in the flex spot for my scuffed hyperbloom. Although now it's not so scuffed!

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

bagrada posted:

Got my Nahida. Her voice lines warm my heart. Time to break continuity by having her join me on the Inazuma archon quest. Had to go on a pilgrimage to find the dendro hypostasis who joined the cryo one in dying to 10+ minutes of undergeared underleveled Amber charged shots until I get my teams sorted out.

and also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPsJU4XJ7vs

I'm guessing by all the memes that I shouldn't rush to build her as well.
Collei/Fischl makes the end of that fight pretty easy if you have a fischl, they don't even really need to be leveled up, just pop the 3 gems with Collei then pop then again with Fiscl and it kind of effortlessly ends the revival phase/fight.

and nah, don't rush to build Qiqi. Her kit doesn't even work with itself and she's a greedy on-field healer which really nobody wants

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 31, 2024

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eimi posted:

I mean if you don't have Jean she is basically equal if not better than Jean in pure healing, she VV swirls easier. She doesn't group, but she doesn't toss monsters with her skill either. If you never plunge she should still be able to replace Jean. Now she's not much of an improvement to Jean but some of us still don't Jean no matter how much we'd love to use her if we did.

I'm not pulling on her even with my Jeanlessness, because yeah I simply do not enjoy plunging, and if they made Arlecchino pyro Xiao I would kill everyone on Teyvat and then myself.

I guess that’s part of the issue since I’ve been lucky (?) enough to get all the standards, which is guess is not that strange over the lifespan of the game. It’s just that I wanted to get her ever since early Fontaine when we only knew she would maybe be added, and then she ended up not only being for a character I don’t like (no offense Xiao enjoyers) but also probably heralding in a mechanic I don’t like. Knowing that other characters I don’t like are going to be plunge attackers sucks, and I really can’t imagine how they could make it fun to me.

I’ll keep coping for now that Chiori is somehow not another DEF geo team slot tied to Gorou. I just need one character to look forward to sometimes when all I currently have is a grind that seems to have no end. (I’m also hoping complaining about Navia artifacts somehow makes the game finally drop usable pieces, because sometimes in the past if I really complain about something online a game will start giving me what I wanted seemingly out of spite).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

rio posted:

I guess that’s part of the issue since I’ve been lucky (?) enough to get all the standards, which is guess is not that strange over the lifespan of the game. It’s just that I wanted to get her ever since early Fontaine when we only knew she would maybe be added, and then she ended up not only being for a character I don’t like (no offense Xiao enjoyers) but also probably heralding in a mechanic I don’t like. Knowing that other characters I don’t like are going to be plunge attackers sucks, and I really can’t imagine how they could make it fun to me.

I’ll keep coping for now that Chiori is somehow not another DEF geo team slot tied to Gorou. I just need one character to look forward to sometimes when all I currently have is a grind that seems to have no end. (I’m also hoping complaining about Navia artifacts somehow makes the game finally drop usable pieces, because sometimes in the past if I really complain about something online a game will start giving me what I wanted seemingly out of spite).

I know your pain. Dehya drat broke me. Eight months of being excited, for that. Nearly killed my enjoyment of the game. I am terrified of when they finally reveal Arlecchino and Clorinde's kits.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

if it helps the rumors of young, blue-haired Madame Ping being out before the next continent are swirling around again

they've also got models for Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper lmao they're regular NPCs with default liyue outifts that are just the same colors as their fur/feathers

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

if it helps the rumors of young, blue-haired Madame Ping being out before the next continent are swirling around again

they've also got models for Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper lmao they're regular NPCs with default liyue outifts that are just the same colors as their fur/feathers

I no longer want Madame Ping, I want Fujin

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

oh yeah I saw that the Cloud Retainer story quest has incredibly low requirements, just AR 40 and Liyue completed. Is it going to needlessly spoil anything from Fontaine or is it just self-contained

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

I mean, of all the banners to have this happen on...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Every goon is lucky except me. Went to 75 pity twice :mad:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So I rolled for Nahida and got a Qiqi along the way, but the second 5* hit relatively early so I don't mind too much. Instantly leveling Nahida with the materials I prefarmed, I got just enough standard pulls from the ascension to do a ten pull, so I did.

Very first pull was Tighnari, the last Standard banner character I didn't have. I'll take it, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to actually leveling him.

No Wave posted:

Important tech for xianyun is she's allowed to land in between the hops. Helps her horizontal mobility a lot.
She can also plunge for up to several seconds after landing. Strange.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

you may not like it (i certainly don't), but this is what peak xianyun mat farming looks like
My first pass at a Chenyu overworld team was Sayu/Xianyun/Furina/Qiqi. It's not going well.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tampa Bae posted:

oh yeah I saw that the Cloud Retainer story quest has incredibly low requirements, just AR 40 and Liyue completed. Is it going to needlessly spoil anything from Fontaine or is it just self-contained
It doesn't spoil anything beyond Liyue, although IIRC Shenhe's introduction is post-archon-quest content.

edit: Thanks to the new area, I finally have a R5 White Tassel that I'll probably never use!

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 31, 2024

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I wonder if this counts as some sort of spoiler?

Pillaging the countryside looking for jades, I found... an uncollectable broken Calamity Queller? This is just some sort of easter egg for loreheads, right? There's no way this is an actual quest reward

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Put in 60 wishes to the slot machine. Starting at 10 pity no 50/50.

Some sword
Faruzan C7
Qiqi C2 + Noelle C5
Some sword
Faruzan C8
Xianyun + Gaming

I think that’s the only time I’ve ever had a 5* outside the standard banner arrive before I’m into soft putt? And it happened twice around 30/40 pity?? Fine, I’ll take that. I’m sitting on 70 wishes with nothing I need in sight so should have a good amount towards the end of Fontaine patches.

Was hoping for a few more Gaming cons but having checked them they don’t seem very exciting.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I really had no idea just how much damage Nahida adds to a team until I used her skill on a bunch of Hillichurls and a lvl 1 charged shot from Fischl one-shot them all. That's crazy, isn't Kazuha similar in that regards? Rumor is he's coming in one of the next two patches

PS: The Dark Iron Sword drops in the new area so you can finally r5 it if you didn't just accidentally use the single copy of it you get in the game years ago as fodder

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Was hoping for a few more Gaming cons but having checked them they don’t seem very exciting.
His C6 is supposed to be really busted, especially since you've already got CR but idk if I'd ever pull for 4* characters and you only mentioned having one copy so it's not really worth, no. I'm sitting similarly where I kind of want a C6 Faruzan but I only got one copy of her in 70 pulls and I'm not going to waste more trying to get there for a Heizou

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 31, 2024

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Much like how Xiao only reruns during Lantern Rite patch, Kazuha only reruns during the summer. I wouldn't expect him until 4.7 or more likely 4.8.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eimi posted:

if they made Arlecchino pyro Xiao I would kill everyone on Teyvat and then myself.

:haibrow: please end me first if that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

PS: The Dark Iron Sword drops in the new area so you can finally r5 it if you didn't just accidentally use the single copy of it you get in the game years ago as fodder

I used that sword for a shamefully long time on Kazuha, neat to get a chance to r5 it at last.