Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Zoot as St. Alia of the Knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

pyrotek posted:

they are doing another, wider premium theater rerelease for a week starting 2/9

wait are you referring to the showings of dune 1984 that are happening 2/19? I can't find anything on dune 2021 for 2/9

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Halloween Jack posted:

Zoot as St. Alia of the Knife.

Dr Teeth and Janice as count fenring and wife

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

Inserting Piggy into Irulan's plotline from Messiah is also extremely funny to imagine.

gently caress, Kermit needs a stillsuit because he's a frog, goddammit it works so well.

Denise as Chani

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Rowlf as Gurney, then, obviously. Piano, baliset, same thing.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

No one near me is playing Lynch Dune. :smith:

They ARE showing Fire Walk With Me next month for some reason. :getin:

Basically the same movie right?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I'm getting a Wild at Heart screening for Valentine's day :c00l:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NmareBfly posted:

They ARE showing Fire Walk With Me next month for some reason. :getin:

Basically the same movie right?

Visions, murder, drug use, sietch orgy, yeah pretty much

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

kalel posted:

wait are you referring to the showings of dune 1984 that are happening 2/19? I can't find anything on dune 2021 for 2/9

they should be on sale starting tomorrow sometime

here is a link to the showings, they aren't live yet

pyrotek fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 31, 2024

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Steve Yun posted:

Denise as Chani

I was thinking Chani would be a good role for the obligatory human actor. Hell, keep Zendaya.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Sam the Eagle is obviously the Emperor.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Zopotantor posted:

Animal as Rabban?

Sweetums.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Baron von Eevl posted:

I was thinking Chani would be a good role for the obligatory human actor. Hell, keep Zendaya.

Big opportunity cost here cause then you’d be missing out on Miss Piggy hating on Denise for the runtime

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Exactly what I was thinking!

Sweetums.

Sweetums is obviously Rabban.

Also I want to reshuffle : Gonzo can’t be Keynes. It’s gotta be Bunsen so that Beaker can be the sandworms.

Gonzo is Duncan Idaho, Fozzie is Gurney and the Reverand Mother is the Swedish Chef. Just imagine the Litany Against Fear ending in bork bork bork.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Gonzo as Duke Leto, and Camilla the Chicken as Jessica.

Conversely, to go later in the series, Gonzo instead as Leto II and Camilla as Hwi Noree.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Elmo as Paul Muad'Dib

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Robin as Shadout Mapes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Human actor playing Paul in the Muppets Dune Musical:

Who am I
Who am I
Kwi-satz-ha-de-raaaaaaaach

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Sweetums is obviously Rabban.

Also I want to reshuffle : Gonzo can’t be Keynes. It’s gotta be Bunsen so that Beaker can be the sandworms.

Gonzo is Duncan Idaho, Fozzie is Gurney and the Reverand Mother is the Swedish Chef. Just imagine the Litany Against Fear ending in bork bork bork.

Beaker rampaging After the death of Bunsen would be incredible. Thumpers go meeep meep meep to call a Beaker-worm

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm just picturing the Fremen as Fraggles.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Navigators are Pepe the Prawn.

I’m legit a little sad this isn’t real. I’d watch the poo poo out of this.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm just picturing the Fremen as Fraggles.

I'd watch it just for this tbh.

Get Michael Caine in there as Emperor Shaddam too.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

pyrotek posted:

they should be on sale starting tomorrow sometime

here is a link to the showings, they aren't live yet

:pray:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

She wrote The Collected Sayings of Moi-dib.

:perfect:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I was thinking about it and I think the swedish chef would be better as Yueh, and all the bene should be chickens. Give Duke Gonzo a couple lines about it. Also the big scene with the reverend mother and it's just a chicken wearing an insane dress and veil, pulling out the box.
"Bock bock... bock B'GOCK."
"What's in it?"
"Bock."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
FLESH CRISPING LOIK... CHICKEN

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The chickens are ancestral memories, Kermit is just frustrated by a whole lot of chickens nobody else can see clucking at him constantly in visions.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

I was thinking about it and I think the swedish chef would be better as Yueh, and all the bene should be chickens. Give Duke Gonzo a couple lines about it. Also the big scene with the reverend mother and it's just a chicken wearing an insane dress and veil, pulling out the box.
"Bock bock... bock B'GOCK."
"What's in it?"
"Bock."

How does Jessica work with the chicken theming? Did she have…chicken training?

I’m not shooting you down, I’m actually coming around to it, but there are ramifications to these decisions and we gotta consider them. If we make Jessica one of the human actors, then there could be lots of fun business making someone reasonably famous use the Cluck to mind control people*. There’s gotta be some fun human-muppet business we can do with the whole water of life, Reverend Mother transformation…

*Kermit-Paul using The Cluck with the Kermit voice is basically a joke by itself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not sure who Baron Harkonnen would be... for some reason I can't help but think Fozzie.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Just have Tim Curry do it. Villains are generally human actors.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hell, just keep Stellan Skarsgård, he's got the range to hold his own against the Muppets. Alternatively, bring Ian McNeice back, he'd fit right in

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aces High posted:

hell, just keep Stellan Skarsgård, he's got the range to hold his own against the Muppets.

Yeah I could see him bringing that Michael Caine energy to it.

Man, I don't think I could handle the glory of Full IMAX Gonzo

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

dunc1 reissue tickets are live. Let the spice flow

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

aledesma posted:

dunc1 reissue tickets are live. Let the spice flow

kalel posted:

aww yeah. that's the good stuff

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I dunno how you people found out about this, I can't find any press release or news stories about the rerelease. The messaging seems to be really poor for something that ought to be very popular

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Xiahou Dun posted:

How does Jessica work with the chicken theming? Did she have…chicken training?

I’m not shooting you down, I’m actually coming around to it, but there are ramifications to these decisions and we gotta consider them. If we make Jessica one of the human actors, then there could be lots of fun business making someone reasonably famous use the Cluck to mind control people*. There’s gotta be some fun human-muppet business we can do with the whole water of life, Reverend Mother transformation…

*Kermit-Paul using The Cluck with the Kermit voice is basically a joke by itself.

space cloaca magic

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks for the heads up on the Dune 1 reshowing. Got tix for a Sunday show.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I got the Lego Ornithopter. It's so delightfully thematic. Beneath a relatively plain and unadorned surface lie all these baroque nested mechanisms, almost literally "wheels within wheels".

And the Baron Harkonnen minifig loving owns.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not sure who Baron Harkonnen would be... for some reason I can't help but think Fozzie.

David Lynch.

He is the only human actor.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

PeterWeller posted:

I got the Lego Ornithopter. It's so delightfully thematic. Beneath a relatively plain and unadorned surface lie all these baroque nested mechanisms, almost literally "wheels within wheels".

And the Baron Harkonnen minifig loving owns.

No pics???!??!???

!!!????

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

No pics???!??!???

!!!????

this. extremely unprescient posting from op tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Xiahou Dun posted:

No pics???!??!???
!!!????

I started building mine, but haven't finished.

I guess I'm just not in the mood.

What's mood to do with it?