Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the protag of the free silent hill game is elon musk???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Vermain posted:

how could you forget the dramatic climax where she's wandering through a postit-filled hallway with "RATIO" scrawled on every one

I remember when this leaked years ago and I honestly thought it was canceled because of how bad it sounded. IIRC the original leak said development started in 2020 so lmao Konami is really just killing it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i admittedly invented that from whole cloth but it's also totally believable with how badly konami has been mangling the franchise

could they just go back to making awful pyramid head branded pachinko machines so i at least don't have to see them desecrating the body like this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Guillermus posted:

Delisted from Xbox store too.

Edit: delisted from GOG.com too and I panic bought it for 3.99€ yesterday :lmao:

So it's either going to be Abandonware or a remaster in the works

https://www.ign.com/articles/spec-ops-the-line-will-no-longer-be-available-in-online-stores-2k-blames-expiring-partnerships

Another win for physical games (and GOG installers like mine that will end being shared freely)

I doubt it's ever coming back. Get a physical copy now if you need to. Online price is going up very quickly, tho a lot of indie shops might still have copies floating around. Just picked up the PS3 premium edition for 16 bux at the store.

haveblue posted:

Music licensing claims another

(this seems to be the most likely reason even though the official statement didn't say it specifically)

well, ...there could be other reasons :catstare:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

So are the obvious biblical allusions in the names of the characters in Stellar Blade hints as to where the story is going or just NGE-esque “I thought it sounded cool”

Lead is Eve, her two buddies are Adam and Lily (Lilith). What’s next, are they gonna be looking for Noah’s Ark?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I don't know if they named it, but that Silent Hill Phenomenon poo poo was in Ascension, too. So you know it sucks.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
For anyone upset that Rocksteady killed batman he's in another children's cartoon coming out soon that you can watch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really makes you look back at all the great arguing beforehand that Bloober Team were going to release a subpar product

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'd just like to say, Hideo is the greatest showman in games, and he has razzle dazzled me tonight, whatta guy. I am hyped.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin are both day 1 for me, good god AND Dragon's Dogma. 2024 might be even better than 2023 for me since I will still be catching up on 2023 games all year. My wallet will be ruined come summertime. Plus Death Stranding II and Monster Hunter Wilds next year? Video gaming is good. Will the world end before I play all this poo poo?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hell yeah, to the game thing, we're gonna keep on keeping on, and cancel the apocalypse like Idris Elba did, and the power of the PlayStation will light our darkest hour

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Silent hill as an allegory for being a teenage girl on social media.

gently caress you Konami lmfao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Thats from sh4 btw

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Thats from sh4 btw
i dont think silent hill 4 predicted covid

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
How's everyone preparing for The Month of RPGs From Japan (LAD Infinite Wealth, Persona 3Load, FF7 Rebirth)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Instant Grat posted:

How's everyone preparing for The Month of RPGs From Japan (LAD Infinite Wealth, Persona 3Load, FF7 Rebirth)

Eyeing up the new shiren

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

not my thing but for pirate lovers out there Skull & Bones is apparently getting a 4-day open beta one week from today, progression carries over

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endorph posted:

I dunno a game about not being allowed to go outside so you stay in your apartment and go totally loving nuts seems pretty on point

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Lot of cursed-rear end games going around

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rear end curse

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Endorph posted:

I dont think anyone is talking about covid pal, try to keep up

The silent hill effect poo poo moving to different areas and towns is a team silent idea from sh4, hell could make a case its a sh3 idea too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

I dont think anyone is talking about covid pal, try to keep up
i was making fun of that text snippet cause of the clunky mention of covid not cause of the silent hill effect or w/e

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Instant Grat posted:

I'm playing Yakuza 5 then 6 then Gaiden (already done 7) so I'll be playing the new one in approximately 18 years.

And I'm getting both Persona and FF day one so RIP me playing anything else this year.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

i was making fun of that text snippet cause of the clunky mention of covid not cause of the silent hill effect or w/e

And i wasnt talking to you in the first place but you wanted to get in on it. :shrug:

Eh the covid mention is only clunky and cringe cos its a recent experience you and everyone else on the planet went through btw, its a way to connect to people to the modern reality of the setting and story (i say people, not goon irony cringe bros, they are above everything of course) you might as well get used to it, its new ww2.

Its kinda like how you couldnt make a 9/11 joke a year after it happend but now the zoomers who didnt live it have tons of em.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The covid restrictions caused suicides thing is a cooker fallacy as well.

E: sorry cookers are what we call people like Jan 6 rioters and sov cits down unda

JBP fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 1, 2024

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JBP posted:

The covid restrictions caused suicides thing is a cooker fallacy as well.

E: sorry cookers are what we call people like Jan 6 rioters and sov cits down unda

The suicide rates are up because of the silent hill fog doing poo poo and its being pinned on covid, is what that note says

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It says covid suicides. It's in poo poo taste.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This Silent Hill thing is real bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Only Hideo Kojima has the power and the vision to correctly predict covid

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JBP posted:

It says covid suicides. It's in poo poo taste.

9/11 jokes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That only happened to Americans nobody cares.

E: it's also very specific to reference the suicides thing, which is a very Joe Rogan Experience. 911 doesn't really compare to 3m deaths globally either. Also it's not a joke, it's po-faced poo poo videogame writing.

JBP fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 1, 2024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

This Silent Hill thing is real bad

Silent Hill has been bad for 20 years running now, why ruin a good streak.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ww2 jokes.

JBP posted:

E: it's also very specific to reference the suicides thing, which is a very Joe Rogan Experience. 911 doesn't really compare to 3m deaths globally either. Also it's not a joke, it's po-faced poo poo videogame writing.

I mean suicides didnt just stop during covid. I dont know what youre even talking about with this jan 6 cooker poo poo, i dont care enough about wack job culture war internet skermishes to know what youre even referencing with this cooker suicide thing. I do know its not a conspiracy that people died during that time of covid or sucidies. It does still happen you know.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Rise of ronin looks mid. Stellar blade looks good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Covid causing mass suicides is a prominent right wing fallacy. It's ok if you don't know about it. The bad bloober game isn't worth us having a long convo over so I take leave of it.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ww2 jokes.

I mean suicides didnt just stop during covid. I dont know what youre even talking about with this jan 6 cooker poo poo, i dont care enough about wack job culture war internet skermishes to know what youre even referencing with this cooker suicide thing. I do know its not a conspiracy that people died during that time of covid or sucidies. It does still happen you know.

The conspiracy theory was that suicide rates sharply increased with lockdowns and restrictions, and therefore any effort to actually address the pandemic was actually more harmful, didn't you know!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JBP posted:

Covid causing mass suicides is a prominent right wing fallacy. It's ok if you don't know about it. The bad bloober game isn't worth us having a long convo over so I take leave of it.

Feel like this is a whole lot of stark internet based black and white looking at things when the world isnt like that, like i dont think were gonna get maga 1488 codes in the game here, but yeah youre right, isnt worth it.

But Short message is not the blooper game, sh2 remake is. Short message is a different dev completely (hexasomething?) but does have some minor lore ties to silent hill f.

I havent got too far but short message doesnt seem bad in context of playing as everyone out of context is making it look :shrug: you still got the nocode sh game "townfall" and i hear nocode are "good devs" (american so im not expecting much) and silent hill f is the one thats closest to japanese team silent and the weebs tell me the writer of that ryuji??07 or something, is good, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
If anything suicide rates went down a tiny bit in 2019 and 2020 but were back to normal in 2021