Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

because endeavor/TKO doesnt actually care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

I didn't realize the grand jury investigation included an actual trafficking charge.

How the hell did McMahon come out of that seemingly unscathed??
Has he? It's not clear to me from the article that the investigation's actually stopped.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Warthur posted:

Has he? It's not clear to me from the article that the investigation's actually stopped.

Yeah, that’s confusing to me. It was the thing we heard about months ago but did it conclude? It seems like if they searched his phone as part of that or whatever, they would have found all sorts of miserable poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

because endeavor/TKO doesnt actually care

They still have a ton of debt from purchasing UFC and the lawsuit is about to make the UFC a much less profitable business.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, what does that have to do with the ari emmanuel quotes about vince being a part of TKO after the first WSJ article and after the supposed due diligence

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

i'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, what does that have to do with the ari emmanuel quotes about vince being a part of TKO after the first WSJ article and after the supposed due diligence

I'm agreeing, just adding a bit more information about why Endeavor obviously rushed the deal through.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
WON:

quote:

“He's the f’n cerebral assassin, best politicking dude in history, literally wormed his way from a green, entry level wrestler into a (still, average wrestler) absolute top of the office, executive, you think he doesn't pay attention to what's going on around him?” said one of the biggest company stars of the modern era. “Think he did that without knowing every little thing everywhere in that company? Yet somehow this slipped past his radar?”

“The thing about that place is if TKO starts cleaning house, they're gonna show up with a bucket and some Lysol, then realize that shits in the walls, in the floorboards, they're gonna have to bring out the sledgehammer (because) that poo poo is gonna turn into a demolition job. Down to the foundation, sledgehammer pun not intended.”

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Appreciate the input, Mox.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Couldn’t they just use sword spray instead?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Pylons posted:

He ain't wrong.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

Yeah I can't get over the fact that Laurinitis is outright corroborating everything Grant is saying. That feels like he knows where the cannon is pointed and nothing is gonna stop it from firing and he just wants to get the gently caress out of the way.

It's a very transparent attempt to try to get his part dropped in exchange for helping to land the big fish.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

You can put "anyone with eyes" as the source of that quote

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

looking forward to being disappointed Vince evades jail time.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
is hunner really the best politicking dude in wrestling history?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Coaaab posted:

Probably? He’s been employed since 1995, got a constant push above his crowd reaction levels, married the boss’ daughter, became the booker, got into talent relations, became the #1 corporate officer, has millions in stocks, and got jobs for all his buddies.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pylons posted:

Given the source I assumed it was Jericho, but reading that in Moxley's voice, yeah, it's him

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Coaaab posted:

He was strategic and aligned himself with who he needed all throughout his career. The man saw an opening with the boss's daughter and took it. From slop match jobber to exec of a worldwide multi billion sports corporation. I don't know who else it would be.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Coaaab posted:

He's pretty up there. Look at where he is today compared to, say, Hogan. And he's got Inoki beat in one key area (being alive)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jackie D posted:

Given the source I assumed it was Jericho, but reading that in Moxley's voice, yeah, it's him

Some say Bret, which seems like a good guess considering the focus on wrestling skill. Mox was my guess, though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

According to one main roster star, nobody has talked to them about the situation from management, other than to tell them that Vince won’t be back. Instead they were told how successful the Royal Rumble was and how big the new Netflix deal is.

pathetic company

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Coaaab posted:

jesse the mind ventura was governor of minnesota

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

Some say Bret, which seems like a good guess considering the focus on wrestling skill. Mox was my guess, though.

I don’t know if I’d consider Bret from the “modern era” as the quote is attributed. I assumed that meant the 2000s onward. Some of the tone feels un-Bret like too, but the dig about quality of wrestling is really funny to sneak in there.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yea ok posted:

According to one main roster star, nobody has talked to them about the situation from management, other than to tell them that Vince won’t be back. Instead they were told how successful the Royal Rumble was and how big the new Netflix deal is.

pathetic company

the open healthy workplace environment of a group of zombie apocalypse survivors

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

MJeff posted:

Yeah I can't get over the fact that Laurinitis is outright corroborating everything Grant is saying. That feels like he knows where the cannon is pointed and nothing is gonna stop it from firing and he just wants to get the gently caress out of the way.

Yeah that speaks volumes.

Not "I didn't do anything and I will do everything I can to clear my name blah blah blah." It's "yeah I did it but Vince made me rape her"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1753439098248040704

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MassRafTer posted:

I didn't think it would take less than 24 hours for Johnny's defense to come crumbling down. Ok reading the article they've been investigating for months so it took negative time. Impressive.

Yeah that's incredibly quick, you normally don't see someone collapsing in a broken pile that fast outside a CM Punk appearance.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

And that 1975 thing can *sort of* be forgiven because kayfabe was so protected back then that those crowds thought that a legitimately terrible person had met his karmic end.

I know nothing of Bobby Shane but he was a heel in the 70s so I'm sure he was really over the top.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah that's incredibly quick, you normally don't see someone collapsing in a broken pile that fast outside a CM Punk appearance.

Bravo, goon sir

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

And that 1975 thing can *sort of* be forgiven because kayfabe was so protected back then that those crowds thought that a legitimately terrible person had met his karmic end.

I know nothing of Bobby Shane but he was a heel in the 70s so I'm sure he was really over the top.

I've never heard of Bobby Shane before but he died at only 29 and before the plane crash had loaned his crown and Cape to sone guy named Jerry Lawler. Also feuded with should-be-in-the-hof Mario Milano.

Him with his valet, a lady named Sherri.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Bobby Shane might be the GOAT heel.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Malikov posted:

hoof

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

pathetic company

Oh so that main roster star was at the post-Rumble press conference too?

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Lid posted:

I've never heard of Bobby Shane before but he died at only 29 and before the plane crash had loaned his crown and Cape to sone guy named Jerry Lawler. Also feuded with should-be-in-the-hof Mario Milano.

Him with his valet, a lady named Sherri.

isn't that just David Spade

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dango Bango posted:

I didn't realize the grand jury investigation included an actual trafficking charge.

How the hell did McMahon come out of that seemingly unscathed??

He's rich

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Is Mister People Power skateboard gimmick guy for real saying "I was just following orders!" to a rape charge??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bro did the eiffel tower under duress, I'm sure

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it was war. and war is raw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Is Mister People Power skateboard gimmick guy for real saying "I was just following orders!" to a rape charge??

there has not been a charge of rape as of yet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Malikov posted:

Lawler apparently copied a lot from Shane, as is only right and proper in wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

but yeah pretty much