Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I saw one of the perpetually online right wing losers, can’t remember if it was Walsh or poz or whoever, post something about how the DC Jan 6 case was just thrown out, but I don’t see anything about it here. Did I miss something or are they just latching onto some kind of random detail they’re taking as a win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Coolguye posted:

what, pray tell, would've stopped that?

what, pray tell, would've stopped that proceeding? it had started before these accusations even came up.

i dunno if this is a bit you are doing but if it is it sucks.

There haven't been other than right wing media news articles about this except for minor stories. This is major front page news.

Georgia legislature has not initiated impeachment hearings but this will probably lead to that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Philthy posted:

No, but the optics is so bad for probably the highest level court case we've seen in our lifetime. They need to shift it to another prosecutor if they can. It's loving dumb, but this is what Trump does and why he's been so successful in court. He just needs the smallest gotcha and it's loving done.

could you please cite a single case wherein trump successfully wriggled out of an actual court proceeding because of "optics"

usually he wriggles out of something on legal technicalities that are afforded him by highly competent legal help, and witness intimidation. i cannot think of a single instance where he has gotten out of a court proceeding due to "optics".

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

kazil posted:

Trump responds:

Without the use of an invisible accordion, please explain how this is discredited beyond your own demented musings, tia

Also: “the most high level person”
What position do you hold again???

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Hollismason posted:

There haven't been other than right wing media news articles about this except for minor stories. This is major front page news.

Georgia legislature has not initiated impeachment hearings but this will probably lead to that.

you didn't answer my question. what, pray tell, could've stopped the labored braying of news media outlets trying to smear someone who is opposed to der drumpfenfurher? if a day or two of front page news was actually salient, trump would've sprung from the last 3 things he went down on.

also yes, they have. there were motions filed in the process date december, iirc. they've been working their way through committees, as they usually do.

your bit sucks.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hazo posted:

I saw one of the perpetually online right wing losers, can’t remember if it was Walsh or poz or whoever, post something about how the DC Jan 6 case was just thrown out, but I don’t see anything about it here. Did I miss something or are they just latching onto some kind of random detail they’re taking as a win?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/feb/2/jack-smith-election-case-against-trump-delayed-ami/

quote:

Special counsel Jack Smith‘s election subversion case against former President Donald Trump has been dropped from the public docket in Washington, indicating the court will miss its March 4 trial date while it waits for the Supreme Court to weigh in on Mr. Trump‘s claim he enjoys presidential immunity.

The delay makes it likelier that Mr. Trump‘s first brush with a criminal trial this year will be in New York, where he faces nearly three dozen counts of falsifying business records related to hush-money payments to an adult film star and others in the run-up to the 2016 election. The trial is slated to start in Manhattan on March 25.

New York courts had shown deference to Mr. Smith‘s case, which accuses Mr. Trump of conspiring against the U.S. and its voters by trying to overturn the 2020 election results through a false slate of state electors and other efforts. The Smith case is considered the marquee criminal case facing Mr. Trump, who also faces a federal trial on his storage of government documents in Florida and an Atlanta-area case related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 results in Georgia.

They're cargo culting while immunity hearings stall. The insurrectionists/Pence noosers have been found guilty on their own merits.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Philthy posted:

No, but the optics is so bad for probably the highest level court case we've seen in our lifetime. They need to shift it to another prosecutor if they can. It's loving dumb, but this is what Trump does and why he's been so successful in court. He just needs the smallest gotcha and it's loving done.

Its already done.

There was already an infinitesimally small chance that the case was going to succeed in the only way that matters, and that's been totally shot now.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

could you please cite a single case wherein trump successfully wriggled out of an actual court proceeding because of "optics"

usually he wriggles out of something on legal technicalities that are afforded him by highly competent legal help, and witness intimidation. i cannot think of a single instance where he has gotten out of a court proceeding due to "optics".

Probably the hundreds before he became President? Take your pick. Optics always plays a part if you can sell it right.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hazo posted:

nope. nothing about that lately.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I don't care if they did anything illegal, I want them off the case for being incredibly stupid and unprofessional. Hand that poo poo off to someone who realizes how important this is.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Philthy posted:

Probably the hundreds before he became President? Take your pick. Optics always plays a part if you can sell it right.

oh please, actually cite one, because the wikipedia page on donny t's legal woes provide all sorts of evidence of legalistic ratfucking and witnesses suddenly doing strange things, but none about "ah, but the prosecutor was no angel, so..."

big nipples big life posted:

I don't care if they did anything illegal, I want them off the case for being incredibly stupid and unprofessional. Hand that poo poo off to someone who realizes how important this is.

fwiw, i think this is a perfectly reasonable take from it. regardless of the specifics this is dumb as gently caress and it should be put in the hands of a bulldog who will take trump down.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I thought that was the Salton Sea area.

Yeah I think you're right, Sandy Shores (Salton Sea) etc. but I always felt like they took the whole Inland Empire area and made reference to it anywhere outside of Los Santos.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Chill out with the doom posting or edging closer to that

We don't know what's gonna happen so let's not speculate

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

edit: heeding Seth Pecksniff's advice

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Oh I guess he never actually got a bunch of false electors in Florida after all!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Donald Trump is still a criminal rapist whose crimes need to be prosecuted, despite Trump exonerating himself.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
You know that well known saying about how you can't teach an old dog new tricks? It needs to be updated to "You can't make an old Trump shut the gently caress up, ever. Jesus christ what are you doing? Shut the hell up! Holy poo poo."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's the New York Hush money trial I haven't heard to much about that one.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Hollismason posted:

What's the New York Hush money trial I haven't heard to much about that one.

Stormy Daniels?

Did you just move to the US or something?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

NY hush money case was scheduled late March, which now looks like it's the first case up. I haven't seen anything about that case, like at all, so I don't know if it's still set for then or what

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

500 pages in a few short weeks. We should be celebrating, not doomerating.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

and Carl Weathers died. today loving sucks

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

some lady has more sex than the average goon and suddenly the world is going to hell in a handbasket. ya’ll might want to get on the pencilhands train and start working though these feelings of doom and inadequacy

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Fulton County DA and Prosecutor relationship thing is not a good look, but even I would not be so quick as to say this completely ruins the trial and dismisses the whole thing, or is even a conflict of interest in reality. This doesn't get Trump off the hook for his alleged crimes. I would be super surprised if this changes anything.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TrashMammal posted:

some lady has more sex than the average goon and suddenly the world is going to hell in a handbasket. ya’ll might want to get on the pencilhands train and start working though these feelings of doom and inadequacy

You're doing that thing where chuds are like "Oh just walking through the capitol is a crime now?!?"

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Catastrophe posted:

You know that well known saying about how you can't teach an old dog new tricks? It needs to be updated to "You can't make an old Trump shut the gently caress up, ever. Jesus christ what are you doing? Shut the hell up! Holy poo poo."

LIKE A :regd09: :trumppop:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Bugsy posted:

The party of child welfare.

Well the good news is they already chased away all their teachers

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

I loving SAID they were going to trot out that flag humping poo poo more now that it "meant something" to that one idiot in rural bumfuck.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

kazil posted:

and Carl Weathers died. today loving sucks

TRUE tho

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

big nipples big life posted:

You're doing that thing where chuds are like "Oh just walking through the capitol is a crime now?!?"

:lmao:

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

This is not an organization that takes itself seriously, and no one else should either

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
all i did was post, post on an internet forum. big, beautiful posts like never before seen, and they want to take it all away, folks

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
popehat's strategy of 100% betting against cops looks like it panned out

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

The flag hugging poo poo is one of the strangest through the looking-glass poo poo in modern politics, at least it is to me. At the time it looked like a weird, confused, ignorant and absolutely disrespectful way to signal patriotism and they just lapped that poo poo up.

I'm not saying we need to remove our hats solemnly when we see a flag waving at dawn or some poo poo, but for gently caress's sake that was embarrassing to watch. Always found it ironic that the crowd that absolutely would love to militantly enforce the flag code now wipes its rear end with the Stars and Stripes, because star spangled toilet paper would be super patriotic.

Of course then I remember the modern Right has nothing to do with intellectually consistency, the flag code would have just been a way to punish the "Other", not a way to respect a symbol.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Ubersandwich posted:

The flag hugging poo poo is one of the strangest through the looking-glass poo poo in modern politics, at least it is to me. At the time it looked like a weird, confused, ignorant and absolutely disrespectful way to signal patriotism and they just lapped that poo poo up.

I'm not saying we need to remove our hats solemnly when we see a flag waving at dawn or some poo poo, but for gently caress's sake that was embarrassing to watch. Always found it ironic that the crowd that absolutely would love to militantly enforce the flag code now wipes its rear end with the Stars and Stripes, because star spangled toilet paper would be super patriotic.

Of course then I remember the modern Right has nothing to do with intellectually consistency, the flag code would have just been a way to punish the "Other", not a way to respect a symbol.

It's when Trump and his supporters crossed the Rubicon into Trump is patriotic and whatever he is doing must be patriotic because he is doing it and by extension, we are patriotic by supporting whatever he is doing.

I think it was the visual that said we are just a full on cult now.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

(500) Pages of LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

500, this thread is :yooge: