Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

rio posted:

I really wanted to get Yae next patch, but if Chiori is basically stuck needing c1 to slot into Navia teams I guess I might just save instead. Sucks since I’ve wanted Yae for so long. Not really thrilled to see a constellation needed for something like that…certainly won’t be spending to get it and encourage that sort of thing either (though I know my choices mean nothing in the grand scheme of things).

Yeah....it's not great? But the choice for me is basically Chiori or Yae in general. Chiori is winning out because drat that's some gorgeous stuff. I've similarly wanted Yae forever but she always runs at a bad time for me. I'm really wishing I'd gotten her instead of Eula on that rerun before last because Eula was such a loving disappointment like christ what an idiot I was. Yae is generally useful and fits into many teams, I've already prefarmed for her. I have an unused Tighnari who is just waiting to pair up with Yae. Chiori would only be for my Navia team or maybe Noelle, like way less versatile. But she's strong and cool so who's to say...etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I pulled Birdonetta and two of something called a Faruzan.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Hooray, I got Nahida! The Archon collection is complete.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just fought a pelican for a fish and took a raft down a river with a singing boatman. This update is the best.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Descar posted:

Got my first c6 5* today..

It's a c6 Qiqi....

C6 is where qiqi goes from niche bad to decent. On demand Res is great in abyss runs.

Tree Reformat posted:

Went yolo fishing for Gaming/Faruzan cons on the bird's banner some more for ~23 pulls, got two Noelle cons, a Sac Sword, and my very first Fav Spear for my trouble.

Message received, game. I'll wait to try a hail mary on Xiao's banner, then hunker down for Neuviellete's rerun.

Fav spear is one of the better fav items. Pretty much all of the polearm supports want it. So not a completely dead set of rolls.

Obnoxipus posted:

Hooray, I got Nahida! The Archon collection is complete.

Congratulations! She's pretty great

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I pulled Birdonetta and two of something called a Faruzan.

Don't be rude, that's Hatsune Miku

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Super strong exploration core: Kazuha, Yelan/Xingqiu, Xianyun, put at least two of the three on Fav weapons. The fourth can be whatever, Furina is the sweaty tryhard pick but Bennett at C6 to allow Kazuha plunges, Fischl/Yae, Charlotte/Diona, Faruzan, Raiden, Zhongli, etc. all slot in just fine. Tons of energy allows Burst cycling even in very short fights, Anemo Resonance, Kazuha's verticality and stamina reduction passive, Xianyun's hops and faster gliding, Yelan has a dash if you use her and Xingqiu provides DR and interruption resist if you use him, everything just works and is quite solid and Kazuha can make use of the plunge buffs from CR even if he's not doing "proper" plunges, since his E ends with a plunge that counts for the buff. I imagine it's super sick with C1+ Kazuha (to say nothing of C6 Kazuha). You won't murder bosses quickly (unless Furina is the flex or you have Yelan's personal), but the team can completely change depending on who is flexed in and it curbstomps overworld content while zooming all over the place (you could even flex Dehya for her movement speed passive, or Chiori when she comes out).

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Just finished setting up my brand new RedMagic 9 Pro and decided to christen "The Genshin Phone" with another 10 pull.

I'M WEEPING

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Note Block posted:

Just finished setting up my brand new RedMagic 9 Pro and decided to christen "The Genshin Phone" with another 10 pull.

I'M WEEPING

Congrats!

Now if only I can be so lucky in a few weeks when I roll again :v

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I now have every commission achievement in the game, finishing with "Time to Drink". Guess I never do a daily until 5.0.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Decided to try out the new quick artifact thingy. On around 8 characters it spat out horrible lopsided sets that were objectively worse than what I had. One 2 or 3 characters it recommended level 0 artifacts for completing set bonuses. On most of the others it gave me the exact stuff I was already using (pretty good!). And on 1 single character it improved by build by 1 single artifact (a pretty good off-piece I had forgotten nobody was using).

Incredible

Edit: It did manage to conjure up a semi-dps ToM set for Yaoyao seemingly out of the aether tho. That was pretty neat :kiddo:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 2, 2024

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I now have every commission achievement in the game, finishing with "Time to Drink". Guess I never do a daily until 5.0.

I was wondering why it kept giving me "signs of love" and googled and found out there is an achievement for screwing up the commission.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Decided to try out the new quick artifact thingy. On around 8 characters it spat out horrible lopsided sets that were objectively worse than what I had. One 2 or 3 characters it recommended level 0 artifacts for completing set bonuses. On most of the others it gave me the exact stuff I was already using (pretty good!). And on 1 single character it improved by build by 1 single artifact (a pretty good off-piece I had forgotten nobody was using).

Incredible

Edit: It did manage to conjure up a semi-dps ToM set for Yaoyao seemingly out of the aether tho. That was pretty neat :kiddo:

it really is a lazy persons system. I used it to put a set on Gaming, using what I thought would be his best sets. Later I used Genshin Optimizer, and it gave him the same combination of sets with just much better substat combinations. There's no target for what you want, so it just really grades everything equally in the priority tiers.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No idea what "Ganyu's Frostflake Arrows Position Issue After Her Outfit Change" was but thanks for the primos I suppose

e: oh wait it says in the email. lol that was something they even bothered to give primos out over

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
If you’ve ever wished you could see Zhongli in a wifebeater and shorts chilling on the couch with Guoba, boy, are you in luck.

From this video:
https://www.bilibili.com/festival/genshin2024?bvid=BV1mB42167GL

God, I wish I understood Chinese.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I sometimes think about posting fanart in this thread but I resist because goons and fan art never ends well.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Fanarts cool, I love Xinzorou (his characterizations have superceded canon for me)

Just don't spam a million twitter links lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/yomiyuarts/status/1751940939197931667
https://twitter.com/yomiyuarts/status/1751029018995110320
https://twitter.com/yomiyuarts/status/1736899299802521617
https://twitter.com/yomiyuarts/status/1722041801425703295

This artist is on a quest to draw all the characters with their own card in the style of the best event in Genshin history. I adore what they are doing. Here's the google drive where they have them all posted. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-5ihKfiCfHq4cuz7Jo7ESxp9PsDuHBSV

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Been working on Nahida. Some thoughts:

- You can use her ele skill to pick up things in the distance! That makes collecting her flowers that much less tedious.

- Collecting her flowers still sucks rear end, though.

- Holy crap she's powerful. My team before was three 80s and one 70. She replaced one of my 80s (dendro traveler), and she's only at 60. I gave her a lvl 50 Widsith, and pretty trash artfiacts (glided dreams at least) that I only took to level 8. Doing level 90 domains in 30-40 seconds without breaking a sweat, from ones that used to take me 2-3 minutes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The radish consumes

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Nahida definitely one of the strongest characters in the game. She's a good radish.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I still use ArchonFK hyperbloom comp often even though it was kind of a meme mainly to let Nahida on field dps. She’s so good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cloud Retainer is fun as hell. I miss the reverb effect in her voice though.

EDIT: Also here's an official bit of art depicting a scene I didn't know I wanted to see until now:

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 3, 2024

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Is anyone else having problems with Xianyun and plunging? I don't know if it's my computer, my keyboard, or what, but I'm having a lot of trouble actually jumping in combat and also I seem to keep bumping into the enemy hitbox and loving up the ability to plunge, but if I back off then the plunges don't connect properly. It's clunky and I'm not sure if I'm just rushing it too much or what, but I see people doing really smooth and fast plunge spam with Diluc, Keqing, etc. and I can't replicate that even remotely.

Enjoying her so far as a Jean alternative mainly for the more braindead particle generation and lack of severe knockback, but it's been extremely difficult to get much use out of the plunge attack buff so far because it just feels bad and often doesn't work right.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

EDIT: Also here's an official bit of art depicting a scene I didn't know I wanted to see until now:

kind of hyped about Hu Tao and Furina interacting during Lantern Rite

chaos gremlins assembling!!!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Excelzior posted:

kind of hyped about Hu Tao and Furina interacting during Lantern Rite

chaos gremlins assembling!!!
The party that ruins everyone around them in the story and instantly kills themselves if they're in the same fighting comp, you love to see it folks

Kale
May 14, 2010

xZAOx posted:

Been working on Nahida. Some thoughts:

- You can use her ele skill to pick up things in the distance! That makes collecting her flowers that much less tedious.

- Collecting her flowers still sucks rear end, though.

- Holy crap she's powerful. My team before was three 80s and one 70. She replaced one of my 80s (dendro traveler), and she's only at 60. I gave her a lvl 50 Widsith, and pretty trash artfiacts (glided dreams at least) that I only took to level 8. Doing level 90 domains in 30-40 seconds without breaking a sweat, from ones that used to take me 2-3 minutes.

She took me over half of the Sumeru Saga to fully build up but it was worth it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/nasuka_gee/status/1753072592473542905

https://twitter.com/nasuka_gee/status/1753343984280408400

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

The sleepover theme is so cute, I always love seeing characters in alternate outfits, and this rules.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Obnoxipus posted:

The sleepover theme is so cute, I always love seeing characters in alternate outfits, and this rules.

The Bilibili New Years Party animation stuff is the kind of stuff I needed after the rubbish the English side youtube stuff has become lately.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Furina and Hu Tao together seems like the makings of a major diplomatic incident.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Furina and Hu Tao together seems like the makings of a major diplomatic incident.

It starts with Hu Tao asking a former head of state about them dying vaguely enough to sound like a threat, and it goes from there.

Although now that I think about it (spoilers for anyone that hasn't finished Fontaine), that could be how Furina's whole arc during the Lantern Rite goes. Hu Tao asks Furina if she'd consider using her services, and Furina suddenly has to either grapple with the idea that she's no longer immortal and will now age and die or despite no longer having the prophecy or pretending to be the Hydro Archon over her head, is still immortal and will continue having to helplessly watch other people die.

I'm honestly not sure if she's still immortal; I don't remember anyone saying anything about that going away unless I missed a line during the finale of the Archon quest or during Furina's character quest. If it comes up in like Neuvillette's or someone else's story, I haven't played those yet

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Does the Chenyu Vale map continue the story from Fontaine, or is it stand alone?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

bagrada posted:

Does the Chenyu Vale map continue the story from Fontaine, or is it stand alone?

It seems pretty standalone.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

bagrada posted:

I'm through most of it and it's been completely stand-alone so far, only mentions of fontaine is just the area's proximity to Fontaine and nothing so far about anything that's happened/happening there. I thought it was funny that the Liyue treasure hunters were calling some fontaine treasure hunters "pinkies" because of how they hold tea cups tho

and god bless the new commission change because I finally finished "This novel seems..." and the one day I didn't get it, it was another part of the detective quest I haven't finished either

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Looking back, 2023 was a cursed year for me with genshin impact. There's no excitement when I roll because I expect to be disappointed. At least I can't get addicted to gacha gambling by losing. :shobon:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Shinji2015 posted:

It starts with Hu Tao asking a former head of state about them dying vaguely enough to sound like a threat, and it goes from there.

Although now that I think about it (spoilers for anyone that hasn't finished Fontaine), that could be how Furina's whole arc during the Lantern Rite goes. Hu Tao asks Furina if she'd consider using her services, and Furina suddenly has to either grapple with the idea that she's no longer immortal and will now age and die or despite no longer having the prophecy or pretending to be the Hydro Archon over her head, is still immortal and will continue having to helplessly watch other people die.

I'm honestly not sure if she's still immortal; I don't remember anyone saying anything about that going away unless I missed a line during the finale of the Archon quest or during Furina's character quest. If it comes up in like Neuvillette's or someone else's story, I haven't played those yet

I think it's implied by Focalors loving being human and wanting her humanity to live a normal life. "Living a normal life" implies aging and dying, because that's what humans do. Plus Furina was never actually immortal entirely, she was always afraid of dying (look how she freaks out when Arlecchino threatens her), she just wasn't capable of aging. She's probably grappled with death seeing others die and wondering when, and if, she'll get to die herself (knowing she had a duty to fulfill first). But that could also be an interesting topic of conversation, if they want to take a serious swerve with her this time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hu Tao would just offer Furina a two for one deal, since Focalors and Furina should be interred together. And a 10% off coupon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope the Genshin Impact anime leans more slice of life so we get more interactions with characters rather than combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I hope the Genshin Impact anime leans more slice of life so we get more interactions with characters rather than combat.

I completely forgot about that. I guess I still shouldn't expect it for years, but I hope they aren't stupid enough to Prominently Paimon it