Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

^very dark lol

i posted that itt brother, he talked about Ashley with Rene on his podcast last year (Renes).

I watched a different podcast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im just saying it wouldn't be new to you if you read my posts :( :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

im just saying it wouldn't be new to you if you read my posts :( :(

Ok I did actually read that and for some reason thought this time you were saying London had been on Renee's podcast and not Rene's podcast. For some reason Vince and the hotel didn't stick out in my brain so I didn't make the connection to this.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
The almost assuredly SEC punishments coming off the back of the SDNY case will be real bad for tko

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Apparently the TKO board have been pushing Roman vs. Rock so the jingling keys would distract people from the sex trafficking scandal, and all it's done has remind people that WWE corporate sucks and WWE creative sucks.

You get what you loving deserve.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The mindset inside the company despite, reality fact checking them, is that if they throw money at problems, problems will go away.

Any other org would use this as an opportunity to demonstrate positive choices both on the creative and promotion side.

But this company riven through with people with Vince mindsets. People that don’t feel content unless there’s sobbing and vomiting from the hotel bathroom. Even the Read family’s promotions are less odious.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

coconono posted:

Any other org would use this as an opportunity to demonstrate positive choices both on the creative and promotion side.

It's possible this is happening. They have already brought in someone who could easily be Hunter's replacement, Brian Gerwitz. Pritchard getting surgery, he would be a moron to ever come back from it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

81sidewinder posted:

It's possible this is happening. They have already brought in someone who could easily be Hunter's replacement, Brian Gerwitz. Pritchard getting surgery, he would be a moron to ever come back from it.

If they were looking to change the culture and make positive replacements they wouldn't be looking at a product of the Attitude era who was ingrained in that company culture. They are looking to appease Dwayne. They also wouldn't have hidden this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah politically we're going to see a shift of Dwayne's Guys pushing out Vince's Guys but that doesn't really matter since its going to be same mindset different boss. Despite his obsession with putting iron skulls on everything, Paul Levesque is a competent middle manager guy who'll kiss any rear end if the arrangement is mutually beneficial.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hey, you don't write for WWE for over 15 years if you don't...hoooo boy. Oh poo poo. Yeah maybe they should investigate Gewirtz while they're at it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gerwitz and Vince had a contentious relationship IIRC. Maybe it was Stephanie since she was never interested in having free thinking employees

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Was Gewirtz on the road or home writing team in the ‘00’s? Anyone on that jet needs to come clean about what they saw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

King Bahamut posted:

Was Gewirtz on the road or home writing team in the ‘00’s? Anyone on that jet needs to come clean about what they saw

He wasn't on the plane ride, at least.

https://twitter.com/bfg728/status/1438249465035567105

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wasnt Gewirtz bullied backstage for the sin of trying to maintain continuity in wrestling or was that someone else?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

weekly font posted:

Wasnt Gewirtz bullied backstage for the sin of trying to maintain continuity in wrestling or was that someone else?

Someone else who unfortunately died young

Chris Kreski

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

King Bahamut posted:

He was on the corporate jet.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

Dawgstar posted:

He wasn't on the plane ride, at least.

Not the overseas charter, the WWE corporate jet that Vince, assorted stooges (Dunn, Hayes, Pat, Gerry) and the road writing team would travel to and from TV’s on. Which has a suite up front for Vince, and more than one source over the years has mentioned female talent being “invited” to catch a lift on (Ashely Massaro per Paul London most recently).

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

ChrisBTY posted:

Hey, you don't write for WWE for over 15 years if you don't...hoooo boy. Oh poo poo. Yeah maybe they should investigate Gewirtz while they're at it.

There has to be a deep investigation over who knew what and what they did in response.

It's going to be very, very messy and complicated because everyone is going to lawyer-up and could take years to piece things together.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It would be absolutely wild watching WWE go through this power struggle where people keep getting thrown out for being sex pests and replaced with other wrestling figures who then in turn also get thrown out for also being sex pests just over and over and over again because it's sex pests all the way down.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

It would be absolutely wild watching WWE go through this power struggle where people keep getting thrown out for being sex pests and replaced with other wrestling figures who then in turn also get thrown out for also being sex pests just over and over and over again because it's sex pests all the way down.

always has been

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Drakkel posted:

I'm sure there are no skeletons in the Rock's closet, might as well not look.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I'm waiting for WWE to hire Buck Zumhofe as a sign of them thinking they've changed

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Wwe sees that and goes Zumhofe is perfect for us

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought it was said a different way.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 4, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not directly related to the allegations against Vince, but, a pretty powerful insight into what an unfeeling wretch he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VScLG4YODC4

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat I hate vince

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Shard posted:

God drat I hate vince

yeah, there aint no redeeming that piece of poo poo

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Shard posted:

God drat I hate vince

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

Not directly related to the allegations against Vince, but, a pretty powerful insight into what an unfeeling wretch he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VScLG4YODC4

who is that relaying the story?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ascension viktor, the space lord

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was it Vince that wanted to give him a rat gimmick? Or was that someone else?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Was it Vince that wanted to give him a rat gimmick? Or was that someone else?

If it wasn't Vince, it was someone who thought Vince would love the idea

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

e: whoops, wrong thread

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think most people here know Dutch Mantell is a piece of poo poo of the highest order but he keeps proving it with how thirsty he is to farm this story for clicks. I don't know if he's completely broke or just a piece of poo poo of the highest order, but framing this like a supermarket tabloid is the loving worst.

https://twitter.com/DirtyDMantell/status/1753254112559255867

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dutch doing the soy face in his thumbnails is loving hilarious.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

To humour Dutch Mantell, yes, he is probably guilty of what he’s accused of. It’s a pattern of behaviour that can be traced to the 80s with Rita Chatterton at least, and with poo poo we probably don’t even know about, and very likely from earlier than that. It’s never just the one victim with people, so-called, like Vince McMahon.

And besides, Brian Zane put it nicely - they can’t all be lying.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince probably looked at Brodie and saw the man he could have been if he had a soul.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if Vince resented the fact that people actually liked Brodie and he didn't have to resort to grooming/bullying/etc to get people to do so

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Vince resented Brodie because he could not do a deep south accent and was a well read intelligent northerner that was kind rather than a dumb Hick from the trailer park that Vince wished he could return to being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've been thinking about this video about Irish politics in the late 90s, specifically the preamble for the last week or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wAbQUMfWs

I wonder how many others in Vince's orbit have just had their personal doomsday clocks tick closer to midnight.