Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I am actively playing a single player game it usually pans out to about 10-12 hours a week, so depending on the length a game usually takes me anywhere from a week to a month to finish. Some games that are super long I'll play for months but I can finish most stuff in under a month cause I rarely go completionist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Infinite Wealth, But Also Occasional Scathing Critiques of Capitalism

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cyberpunk is so rad. I just got the band back together. There are a lot of side quests left over from when I initially played the game back in the PS4 pro days when it came out. The side quests in the DLC are great though. Some are just hilarious. The one about the guy whose brain is stuck via a braindance short circuit thinking he’s some pop star? Hilarious. The good ending to that quest is just killer hilarious.

The main quest is full of some pretty sentimental moments. I’m surprised at how well Idris Elba does video game acting. I never believe acting in a game is anything close to acting irl. There’s surely some easier and harder aspects to doing it well.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Argh...the rubber coating on the right stick of my launch DualSense has come loose and now spins freely around the stick which makes it very difficult to keep my thumb in one place. I even put on a thumbstick cap from my old PS4 controller where the rubber coating basically wore completely away, but it still spins freely because it's just gripping the loose rubber. I think I need a new one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Volte posted:

Argh...the rubber coating on the right stick of my launch DualSense has come loose and now spins freely around the stick which makes it very difficult to keep my thumb in one place. I even put on a thumbstick cap from my old PS4 controller where the rubber coating basically wore completely away, but it still spins freely because it's just gripping the loose rubber. I think I need a new one.

If you’re handy with taking things apart see if someone is selling replacement thumb sticks

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

veni veni veni posted:

If I am actively playing a single player game it usually pans out to about 10-12 hours a week, so depending on the length a game usually takes me anywhere from a week to a month to finish. Some games that are super long I'll play for months but I can finish most stuff in under a month cause I rarely go completionist.

yeah that's about the same for me. some nights i get home from work and don't feel like playing at all, but if i do it's usually around an hour or at most 2 hours before i take a break to make time for other stuff. if im really into a game ill prob play for around 3-4 hours on a saturday and/or sunday as well

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Balancing hobbies
Bursting backlog
No plat for me

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Finally. I wanted it when it was still 0.1% but I’ll take 0.3

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

the last two posts read in succession is :laffo:

how long did that bg3 plat take holy hell

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
6 playthroughs and over 400 hrs. I probably could’ve done it more efficiently but I didn’t

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Congrats, holy poo poo.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lies of P is so good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Lies of P is so good

you’re goddamn right

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Hell yeah.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

fridge corn posted:

Lies of P is so good

What weapons are you using tell me more :allears:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JBP posted:

What weapons are you using tell me more :allears:

I've gone rapier cuz I figured having a quick attack weapon would make transitioning to blocking much easier. It's a bit of a departure from my typical str greatsword Souls builds and I'm missing the big sweeping attack, but it's working so far. Currently trying to play the game more like Sekiro and going toe-to-toe with blocking but I love how the game gives you to option to go Bloodborne style if you wish.

Just got to the Scrapped Watchman and had a few goes at it and struggling with damage attrition in the second phase (kept stepping on the electricity doh) so I brought a spectre in just to see and mopped the floor with him lol oops sorry pal.

It's just so so good. Like as veni says it's such a blatant Souls-clone but as there's certain silly things like the healing animation being identical to bloodborne and the fact that the game moans at you if you don't quit to the title screen before turning it off, it feels more venerable tongue-in-cheek copying rather than cynical laziness. Especially as they've got everything else right whereas other devs attempts at making soulsclones have largely resulted in unsatisfying games.

I feel like I'm playing a Souls game and that's what's most important to me. The whole failure-to-triumph heart-pounding vulnerable nature of scrapping a win against all odds feeling the controller come alive in your hands as your eyes on the inside begin to open going for the parry, the dodge, the kill when otherwise a moment of hesitation would have meant defeat... its all there.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nice. If you are enjoying the rapier you're going to love the umbrella. It's not quite a trick weapon, but it's definitely tricky. Extremely fun once you get the timing on opening it right.

Also yeah watchman was difficult for me because of the pools. It's easier if you use the resistance things.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I did the same thing, rapier to umbrella, and it kicked rear end

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sick, whereas the umbrella? That's gonna look so good with my top hat.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I’d recommend playing around a bit with all the blades. The customization system means you can build something in any weapon class that will work with your character and there’s quite a lot of fun to be had with the variety.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

fridge corn posted:

Sick, whereas the umbrella? That's gonna look so good with my top hat.

It's a dark souls boss weapon. Don't eat the boss souls. You'll meet a guy after a bit.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

live puppet axe ftw

calling in a spectre is basically auto win (except late late bosses that are ridiculous) i did it once just to see what it would be like and chose not to do it again until the end and it still wasn't a guarantee. i bashed my head against the scrap yard boss a bunch but it felt so satisfying to finally get it.

also bloodborne and souls games needing to be explicitly quit before stopping has conditioned me to do it in every game now. it feels off if it isn't an option.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I did the game without spectres, it wasn't too hard as long as you're comfortable with Sekiro brand parrying.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

man nurse posted:

How. It’s so much loving game

I mean if you beeline the story I guess, but that’s not viable for me. I need to absorb as much of the side content as possible and god drat

Vikar Jerome posted:

62? How, im like 40+ hours and only just started chapter 5, havent even unlocked jobs yet :negative:

I didn’t beeline anything, the only reason I didn’t do the dungeons before going ahead to the finale was because I was already at a tipping point where I seemed to be slightly overlevelled and I didn’t want to make the finale too trivial.

The first half of the game took me ~40 of those hours as it was frontloaded with sujimon and dondoko and 99% of the substories, the back half goes by much faster because the side content becomes less time consuming.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxMYD3YXzlQ

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Dang, Suicide Squad's max launch weekend player count (on Steam) is 12k.

Avengers was 31k, Gotham Knights 24k, and even poor loving Midnight Suns got 15k.

It's dead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

Avengers was 31k, Gotham Knights 24k, and even poor loving Midnight Suns got 15k.

It's dead.
granblue relink is 100k. anime wins again

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anime > Comics, tale as old as time

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Im curious how much Platinumgames had a hand in Granblue because I feel like the entire single player could very well be designed by them

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

WaltherFeng posted:

Im curious how much Platinumgames had a hand in Granblue because I feel like the entire single player could very well be designed by them

Depends on how you think of it. Platinum exited the project years ago when their contract ran out. However, a lot of the team left platinum to continue working on the game when that happened, including most of the combat design team.

So Platinum the company may not have made much of it. However, Platinum’s team did in fact basically make the whole campaign.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

WaltherFeng posted:

I wrote it in the game's thread, but it feels an awful lot like Babylon's Fall. But better and higher budget.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

History Comes Inside! posted:

I didn’t beeline anything, the only reason I didn’t do the dungeons before going ahead to the finale was because I was already at a tipping point where I seemed to be slightly overlevelled and I didn’t want to make the finale too trivial.

Did you happen to find any good grinding enemies in the post game, like that Vagabond in the underground in 7? I wanna get the plat but level 70 Kasuga seems the most daunting of the trophies on paper.

I also have a question about how endgame works and hell if I'm gonna risk other spoilers by looking it up, Chapter 9+ spoilers I'm worried that Kasuga and Kiryu will stay separated in Hawaii/Japan even in the post-game and Kasuga won't be able to use the Ijincho Underground, is this a valid concern? Just a yes/no would be great.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

Did you happen to find any good grinding enemies in the post game, like that Vagabond in the underground in 7? I wanna get the plat but level 70 Kasuga seems the most daunting of the trophies on paper.

I also have a question about how endgame works and hell if I'm gonna risk other spoilers by looking it up, Chapter 9+ spoilers I'm worried that Kasuga and Kiryu will stay separated in Hawaii/Japan even in the post-game and Kasuga won't be able to use the Ijincho Underground, is this a valid concern? Just a yes/no would be great.

No to both questions.

There are vagabonds in the lower floors of the dungeons but they're completely random spawns and get you maybe 20% of a level at best rather than the huge dump of xp they gave in 7.

I've just cleared both in full and the party is 57-58, I'm about to go into the DLC since thats supposedly balanced for post game so I'm hoping it'll be a good levelling spot for this part.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

History Comes Inside! posted:

No to both questions.

There are vagabonds in the lower floors of the dungeons but they're completely random spawns and get you maybe 20% of a level at best rather than the huge dump of xp they gave in 7.

I've just cleared both in full and the party is 57-58, I'm about to go into the DLC since thats supposedly balanced for post game so I'm hoping it'll be a good levelling spot for this part.

That's a huge relief, thanks.

Eh, 1/5's better than nothing. Just gonna have to stockpile that double xp consumable; I really do want to get that dlc postgame dungeon (for the challenge, hoping it's on par with 7's TF Millenium Tower) but I'm waiting on a sale for that. Platinum's just gonna take quite a bit longer, I guess.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Phenotype posted:

lmao the final boss fight in suicide squad is literally just a reskin of one of the previous fights. brainiac turns into the flash and you literally just do the flash fight again only more purple

I cannot get over how disappointed I am with this. I mean, we saw the previews and stuff and I calibrated my expectations accordingly, but at the end of the day it looked kinda fun and I thought it still might be worth picking up. I really loved the Arkham games, and I used to be a really big fan of Batman, so Suicide Squad didn't have to be a GREAT game for me to have fun with it, but from everything I've heard there's no way it's worth anywhere near $70. The core movement and combat gameplay looks fun, but everything around it is so phoned-in that I can't imagine it would hold my attention for more than an hour or two. Just hugely lazy design -- boring, samey missions, a campaign that doesn't even last ten hours, and so much cut-and-paste with enemy variety and missions and bosses that I honestly wonder how they spent all that dev time.

I went through the same thing last year with Gotham Knights, and it just sucks so bad that they've released TWO different Arkham-related games in the last couple years and neither one is worth playing. I ended up playing through Arkham City again last year instead of bothering with GK, so maybe this year I'll just download Arkham Knight instead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Necrothatcher posted:

It's dead.

RIP Rocksteady.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Just play Spider-Man and do Batman voices while you play, you will be less sad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Instead of comic book superheroes I'd rather play as literary superheroes, such as pinocchio :colbert:

Feedbacker
Nov 20, 2004

Eregos posted:

I'm looking for PS5 headphones recommendations, I want open back ones as good quality as possible (Tempest audio, right?), I want maximum outside sound penetration so I can carry on conversation with my brother playing another PS5 next to me while wearing both ears, hate taking one ear off. Maybe on-ear design as well, but this combo might be hard to find. Generative AI has had some trouble finding candidate models. Didn't find many search results for this in thread.

More generally, what connection route is best? HyperX Cloud flight USB worked fine, low delay, but they're closed back, not good sound penetration. Or do I want a USB sound card? Obviously my old "MEE audio Connect Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmitter w/aptX LL" via the TV's optical out is bad because there's still significant delay, too much for gaming.

Sennheiser PC38x if you want a headset with a mic, Beyerdynamic Tygr 300r if you’re fine with using the controller mic. Both are open back. Plug them directly into the controller, the Dualsense won’t have a problem driving either one.

Edit: I forgot, the PC38x is branded Drop+EPOS now instead of Sennheiser, it’s exactly the same as the Sennheiser version though.

Feedbacker fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I've been playing Control (late to the party on this one) with the Pulse Explore buds and it's been great. At first I was bugging cause the films in game of the research guy Darling talking about stuff we're wildly out of synch with the sound. But I guess that's just how they are cause it was like that on my TV sound too