Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Ads are tricky for me because I hate them and I 100% believe they don't work/aren't worth the money advertisers pay for them, but on the other hand I also don't believe if they suddenly started making ads illegal we'd see prices get jacked up to compensate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lobok posted:

I'm not trying to be rude but are there more positives to the game than grinding to sell us on it?

The combat and multiplayer co-op feel really great. But otherwise yeah, not gonna lie or sugar coat it, if you don't want an impossibly grindy 1000+ hour RPG where your focus is on making numbers go up, then this is not the game for you. The main story only takes 10 hours to complete.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

univbee posted:

It was regarding FF13 being announced for release on Xbox 360. Pretty sure it was on NeoGAF.

:cheersdoge:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

stev posted:

I got an LG C3 and all my games look amazing in performance mode now. I decided to try a Spiderman in fidelity mode to see if it made much difference. Looks exactly the same and runs like utter dogshit. :v: What is even the point.
Did you turn on 120Hz mode? I've been playing Spider-Man with that on and it runs at 40fps (maybe higher with unlocked framerate turned on?) which feels a lot better than 30fps. The biggest difference in Fidelity mode I found was the quality of reflections, but the internal resolution is also higher.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

nintendo playstation. they told you back in 94'

should be thread title

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

I got an LG C3 and all my games look amazing in performance mode now. I decided to try a Spiderman in fidelity mode to see if it made much difference. Looks exactly the same and runs like utter dogshit. :v: What is even the point.

Run it in 120Hz mode

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Escobarbarian posted:

Run it in 120Hz mode

Volte posted:

Did you turn on 120Hz mode? I've been playing Spider-Man with that on and it runs at 40fps (maybe higher with unlocked framerate turned on?) which feels a lot better than 30fps. The biggest difference in Fidelity mode I found was the quality of reflections, but the internal resolution is also higher.

Yeah I tried it both ways. Maybe it's because I'm jumping directly between performance and fidelity that it's really noticeable.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Lies of P stage 3 boss down. Took 3 tries? No spectre this time. P'ing on my Piss5

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I use my ps4 to play ps5 remote and there was Madden 24 on it out of nowhere? Back to your grave John Madden

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I put the booster glaive blade on my rapier handle huh let's see how this does

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I use my ps4 to play ps5 remote and there was Madden 24 on it out of nowhere? Back to your grave John Madden

I haven’t played since the original on Sega Genesis. 90% of the game was spinning like a top to avoid getting tackled. What’s the franchise been up to since then

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rust: *thousand-yard stare* Every living thing goes out the way it came in. The interim is a dream that there's no debt to repay. The sin of living accumulates like oxidizing plastic and the dream gets wilder. Acquisitions, subscriber churn, annual recurring revenue. The dream eventually collapses under the weight of natural law: if you enter the console market with Sega's strategy, man, be prepared to leave with it.

Marty: *looks up from Pokemon Legends with expression of disgust*

Sorry I just rewatched S1. Holds up btw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Oh poo poo, its 1000% happening. Lmao.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1754598552548904973?t=XGgssMWOcfy_PePMnPX5vg&s=19

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

I said this in the Xbox thread and I'll add it here. Was told this by a friend who works at Sucker Punch in the executive levels:

Going to add a tidbit here:

Xbox Studios has been purchasing PS5 Dev Kits from PlayStation since the end of 2021.

E: This is also why Sony internally stopped production on some GaaS titles. They realized the 30% cut they'll make from Xbox titles can cover costs quite nicely.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Phil's going to be fired next week right

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I admit I will be sad if Xbox goes the way of Sega. A little competition is good for the marketplace. But they certainly didn’t help themselves by spending so much of the last several years making aggressive business moves that come across as “we want to win and crush the competition” instead of just trying to generally be competitive. Of course that’s what Sony wants too but perception-wise they did a better job of making it less obvious and making it seem like the majority of their studio acquisitions were down to the actual relationships they formed with them.

And Game Pass is just so blatantly not sustainable, I love it (I have played many great games over the past two years for only the price of the subscription!!!!!) but you can’t just be like “yes all our big 60-70bux games will be on this service with a monthly price of 20-25% of that on the day of release” and expect it to be sustainable. Tying back to the previous point it really seems like they thought Game Pass as a service would like crush Sony and make them easily the market leader at which point they could dictate the terms however they wanted and that just wasn’t going to happen.

However it is nice to see the handful of remaining unironic console warrior babies in the Xbox thread whine and seethe and deny, can’t lie.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Volte posted:

Phil's going to be fired next week right

Nope. But the outrage (and rightfully so) next week is going to be in-sane.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Escobarbarian posted:

I admit I will be sad if Xbox goes the way of Sega. A little competition is good for the marketplace. But they certainly didn’t help themselves by spending so much of the last several years making aggressive business moves that come across as “we want to win and crush the competition” instead of just trying to generally be competitive. Of course that’s what Sony wants too but perception-wise they did a better job of making it less obvious and making it seem like the majority of their studio acquisitions were down to the actual relationships they formed with them.

And Game Pass is just so blatantly not sustainable, I love it (I have played many great games over the past two years for only the price of the subscription!!!!!) but you can’t just be like “yes all our big 60-70bux games will be on this service with a monthly price of 20-25% of that on the day of release” and expect it to be sustainable. Tying back to the previous point it really seems like they thought Game Pass as a service would like crush Sony and make them easily the market leader at which point they could dictate the terms however they wanted and that just wasn’t going to happen.

However it is nice to see the handful of remaining unironic console warrior babies in the Xbox thread whine and seethe and deny, can’t lie.

Sony also built up the image that the studios they purchased and acquired would develop talent and get better as the years went by. That is far more positive in the eyes of consumers than anything else they can do.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

First commercial will be Master Chief, BJ Blaskowitz, and Marcus Fenix bowing down to a man dressed as Crash Bandicoot

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The day that Xbox truly died
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've been well out of the news for a while due to RL stuff, what's going on with X-Box?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I've been well out of the news for a while due to RL stuff, what's going on with X-Box?

Secret sauce is finally being unleashed

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

ImpAtom posted:

Pretty well-sourced rumours that MS is transitioning to being a third-party publisher, getting out of hardware, releasing all their games on PS5, and winding down Game Pass as we know it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

At the least they’re putting a lot of exclusives (Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, Indy, Hellblade 2) on PS5, at most they’re preparing to go full Sega

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

Rumors are intensifying that MS is going to release some of its exclusives for PS5. I'm not sure how we got from that to "MS is getting out of the hardware game" but they also scheduled a major press event next week so everyone is hyperventilating and imagining the possibilities now

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 5, 2024

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

At the least they’re putting a lot of exclusives (Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, Indy, Hellblade 2) on PS5, at most they’re preparing to go full Sega

This means I might actually get to play pentiment!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Volte posted:

Pretty well-sourced rumours that MS is transitioning to being a third-party publisher, getting out of hardware, releasing all their games on PS5, and winding down Game Pass as we know it.

I don't think there are well-sourced rumours about the "getting out of hardware" part, it's sounding like it's at least possible that Microsoft intends there to still be Xbox-branded hardware ten years from now.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

anybody have an lg c1 and notice that the ps5 wakeup messes up sometimes?

basically if I start the tv and the tv starts the console I'm good, but if I do it the other way around there's something like a 10% chance the picture and sound doesn't load until I turn the console off and back on. seems to replicate across all cables I've got but not with any other tvs.

then again I have weird poo poo that happens with this tv and the series x sometimes (it starts up in dev safe boot now and again) so maybe this tv is cursed in very minor but annoying ways. great device otherwise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. That would kind of suck from a competition standpoint. It's nice for Sony to have someone riding their rear end at least.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

fridge corn posted:

The more people playing this game the better.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
There's only one person who can save XBox now:

Put The Rock on the board, have him pin Phil. That'll stop the bad press!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. That would kind of suck from a competition standpoint. It's nice for Sony to have someone riding their rear end at least.

I can assure you Sony will want to make a lot of games and make a lot of money whether microsoft is flailing around with their own games or not or whether they make another box console or not

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't think there are well-sourced rumours about the "getting out of hardware" part, it's sounding like it's at least possible that Microsoft intends there to still be Xbox-branded hardware ten years from now.
That was my take yesterday too, but I think becoming a third-party publisher with zero exclusives, Game Pass (the current biggest draw of an Xbox console) underperforming, and the consoles being sold at a loss and nobody buying them anyway combine into that as a pretty reasonable conclusion. The consoles don't bring in any money for MS, and if they have no stake in building an Xbox ecosystem anymore, then the hardware would serve basically no purpose.

That said I don't think they're going to just memory-hole Xbox and leave current console owners out in the cold immediately, but if they do become a third-party publisher, I can't imagine them releasing another Xbox next generation. Yesterday I would have disagreed, but that was largely based on Phil Spencer's stated goals, which according to the rumours, are seemingly being tossed out the window by higher-ups.

Volte fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 5, 2024

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fridge corn posted:

It really feels like Pentiment might fall in the "it would take us three person-months to port this over to PS5 but only eight people will buy it, not worth porting it" category. We're hearing that Microsoft is asking studios to consider porting their games on a case-by-case basis, and Pentiment might well fall in the "will not make any money" case.

Volte posted:

That was my take yesterday too, but I think becoming a third-party publisher with zero exclusives, Game Pass (the current biggest draw of an Xbox console) underperforming, and the consoles being sold at a loss and nobody buying them anyway combine into that as a pretty reasonable conclusion. The consoles don't bring in any money for MS, and if they have no stake in building an Xbox ecosystem anymore, then the hardware would serve basically no purpose.

That said I don't think they're going to just memory-hole Xbox and leave current console owners out in the cold immediately, but if they do become a third-party publisher, I can't imagine them releasing another Xbox next generation.

Oh yeah I agree that it's hard to see the hardware continuing to be justified in the market in the medium-term if the changes that we're expecting are true. Why would anyone buy an Xbox! But that's inference, not specifically sourced like the rest of what we know.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shammypants posted:

I can assure you Sony will want to make a lot of games and make a lot of money whether microsoft is flailing around with their own games or not or whether they make another box console or not

I don't mean that. I mean having competition in terms of having something to keep them actually trying to keep customers around.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Sleng Teng posted:

anybody have an lg c1 and notice that the ps5 wakeup messes up sometimes?

basically if I start the tv and the tv starts the console I'm good, but if I do it the other way around there's something like a 10% chance the picture and sound doesn't load until I turn the console off and back on. seems to replicate across all cables I've got but not with any other tvs.

then again I have weird poo poo that happens with this tv and the series x sometimes (it starts up in dev safe boot now and again) so maybe this tv is cursed in very minor but annoying ways. great device otherwise.

The solution is to not use CEC because it’s a crapshoot.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

the day they got owned and never recovered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

The solution is to not use CEC because it’s a crapshoot.

Yeah it's looking like it. Thanks for reminding me what it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ImpAtom posted:

I don't mean that. I mean having competition in terms of having something to keep them actually trying to keep customers around.

They have that in the form of shareholders, which matters more to Sony than what Microsoft is doing anyway