Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I know this isn't a GOOD thing, but it is very funny at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I found out chester Bennington killed himself BC of that lovely post

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I found out chester Bennington killed himself BC of that lovely post

tbf this one ain’t much better

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

What do I win for picking the winning side 20 years ago

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MrMidnight posted:

man nurse posted:

All is temporary, death is certain.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

A copy of Knack.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A lot of people think Microsoft is going to sunset Xbox, but honestly that rumor is being spread on social media by people who have a really bad track record for rumors.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Xbox probably isn't gonna immediately get sunsetted, but it's likely to be on a decline and IMHO between all this and then exiting physical games it seems more like a matter of when, not if.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

A lot of people think Microsoft is going to sunset Xbox, but honestly that rumor is being spread on social media by people who have a really bad track record for rumors.
The (seemingly) substantiated part of the rumour is that they're going full third-party with no exclusives at all, which basically undermines the entire reason the Xbox exists.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ineffiable posted:

Xbox probably isn't gonna immediately get sunsetted, but it's likely to be on a decline and IMHO between all this and then exiting physical games it seems more like a matter of when, not if.

Yeah bailing on retail is the alarm for me but I don't think Xbox the brand is going, it's just going to look different.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Volte posted:

The (seemingly) substantiated part of the rumour is that they're going full third-party with no exclusives at all, which basically undermines the entire reason the Xbox exists.

Does that not mean they will rely on Game Pass being offered on Xbox (and PC) only? So even if Xbox has no exclusives, for just $X per month owners will have access to a library of games that are not part of PlayStation Plus. If you don't want to buy their console, fine, but you'll pay a premium for those games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

rkd_ posted:

Does that not mean they will rely on Game Pass being offered on Xbox (and PC) only? So even if Xbox has no exclusives, for just $X per month owners will have access to a library of games that are not part of PlayStation Plus. If you don't want to buy their console, fine, but you'll pay a premium for those games.

A lot more people are fine with buy-to-own than you might think. Actually a not insignificant number of people who buy PC games on Steam despite being on Game Pass simply because the Game Pass app on Windows is too dogshit (e.g. can misfire and lock the game's install size on your drive in a way that isn't recoverable without a total reformat). But it's probably likely Game Pass is continuing in roughly its current form, whatever changes they have planned.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

They are right

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

univbee posted:

the Game Pass app on Windows is too dogshit (e.g. can misfire and lock the game's install size on your drive in a way that isn't recoverable without a total reformat)
I don't think this is true anymore

rkd_ posted:

Xboxes are sold at a loss, so it's not clear that it's worth it to sell expensive machines to people just to sell subscriptions to something that may or may not be sustainable and/or profitable in the long term. "If you don't buy our console, you'll pay a premium for the games" isn't that good of a proposition for Microsoft when they'd make more money on the game than on the console.

Volte fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 6, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Whatever the case I don't think Phil will be buying Mario.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Volte posted:

I don't think this is true anymore

yeah the Xbox app on pc just works now. It just took like 6 years to get there for some loving reason.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

univbee posted:

A lot more people are fine with buy-to-own than you might think. Actually a not insignificant number of people who buy PC games on Steam despite being on Game Pass simply because the Game Pass app on Windows is too dogshit (e.g. can misfire and lock the game's install size on your drive in a way that isn't recoverable without a total reformat). But it's probably likely Game Pass is continuing in roughly its current form, whatever changes they have planned.

Yeah, I didn't mean to say it is a good business strategy. But with strong enough titles, who knows.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I remember when dawn of war 2 pushed me onto GFWL and I'll never call down about it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

univbee posted:

Starfield was on Game Pass and still ranked in the best selling games of the year list so yeah I think a lot of people have done the maths and figure if they're only interested in one Microsoft game they think will be a long term thing buying it on Steam is still cheaper than however long they sub to Game Pass for to play it. I personally just use Game Pass like a rental service for Microsoft first party, and I'm probably not the only one given how many people even in the Xbox thread say they subbed for a month just to see how Starfield was. Also yes the Game Pass app is dogshit and has lost my progress in multiple games, which is probably part of why I never stay subbed to it for very long.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

uhhhh, so

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1754662533250891848

and there is an ad for the demo on my PS home screen

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

welp, cait's out of the bag

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sephiroth's shoes, now that's a horse of a different color. I like my Sephiroth in cutscenes and boss fights, this sounds like a wild development.

I hope they play One Winged Angel at all times when playing as the dark lord Sephiroth, the unholy knight of disco metal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Slow down fellas, it just says you're playing as his shoes.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The origin story of his iconic shoes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

uhhhh, so

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1754662533250891848

and there is an ad for the demo on my PS home screen

They should bloody get on with it tbh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cloud steals his shoes and you have to choose which to wear for every subsequent mission

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

no war but the console war

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

RandomHodge posted:

tbf this one ain’t much better

Please don't flame me while I'm grieving thank you

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ooh. So close to 'new' Final Fantasy!

I'm seeing a bundle for Rebirth and Remake Integrade for 80 euros, which is tempting.
I've played the remake on ps4, so I haven't seen the Yuffie expansion.
Is Remake integrade just the Yuffie dlc or is it the full remake+Yuffie?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Arist posted:

no war but the console war

This is like in one of those anime war games, where bad country invades good country and Todd turns out to be the traitor.
Todd! :argh:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
You see that Playstation? You can go there.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Issaries posted:

Ooh. So close to 'new' Final Fantasy!

I'm seeing a bundle for Rebirth and Remake Integrade for 80 euros, which is tempting.
I've played the remake on ps4, so I haven't seen the Yuffie expansion.
Is Remake integrade just the Yuffie dlc or is it the full remake+Yuffie?

Full remake + Yuffie, and I believe you can go straight to Yuffie since its its own thing. Its basically the PS5/PC version of Remake.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

For clarities sake, Yuffie is just a dlc mini chapter in the game and you can skip to that chapter if you want. She isn't present in any other part of the game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We get to play Rashomon Nibelheim nice

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

demo ad is gone from my home screen. somebody pushed the undo button lol

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Boooo. I was getting excited for a bit there.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I will not be watching the extended reveal tonight but I will be playing the demo

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
My DS seems to be charging at a rate of 5% per hour when connected to my desktop PC's usb ports. :wtc: Is this normal?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PirateBob posted:

My DS seems to be charging at a rate of 5% per hour when connected to my desktop PC's usb ports. :wtc: Is this normal?

Are you using a lovely USB cable or lovely USB port?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not all USB ports are created equal and will trickle charge your poo poo instead of just throwing all the power at them.