Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

univbee posted:

I think it is system-wide? At the very least it's definitely a workflow you can do with an Access Controller.

Oh interesting! I'm glad I asked and I really appreciate your response!

Looks like it is available system wide as of later last year, PS calls it Second Controller for Assistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Holy gently caress, how didn't I know about this? It completely resolves the fact that my wife simply cannot effectively use dual joysticks if I can just control the camera for her

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZeeBoi posted:

They should change the mic button light to glow when the mic is on, not when it’s off. I still can’t believe this is a thing four years later.

God YES please

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

I had to do this six (6) times. What the gently caress Sony lmao

Naughty Dog spent 14 years making this smdh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Naughty Dog spent 14 years making this smdh

Neil Dreckmann has done it again.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

ZeeBoi posted:

They should change the mic button light to glow when the mic is on, not when it’s off. I still can’t believe this is a thing four years later.

They're never going to change this.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Baggot posted:

They're never going to change this.

I think it's one of those things that it's been the same way for so long that it'd confuse people to suddenly change it. You'd probably have to explicitly add a menu option somewhere to invert it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

In an ideal world they would have just not put a mic in the controller because who the gently caress is that even for, but inverting the light would be almost as good.

Sometimes I wish the little light was at least the same colour as the lightbar around the touchpad if it’s always gonna be on but I imagine it’s just a plain orange LED in there so that’s not on the cards.

I guess that would make it less indicator-y though maybe.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Okay. I played one Foamstars match. I think I’ll never play another Foamstars match.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

In an ideal world they would have just not put a mic in the controller because who the gently caress is that even for,

Hey. Heyyy can you hear me? Hey. Hellooo
Yeah you sound like poo poo now.
Hey can you hear me?
YES! I already said I can hear you I can't yell any louder
ooooooh. My headset died I'm using the controller
I figured as much
What did you say?Hello? Can you hear me? Hold on gonna put my controller on my ear
Just go mute until your headset charges!
Hey can you hear me? I'm talking much louder now does that help?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PS+ Essential games for February 2024 are available now! (Feb 6 - Mar 4)

Foamstars | DAY 1 RELEASE | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $29.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA18730_00-FOAMSTARS0000000
Free DLC:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA18730_00-SHOPWPSKIN000121
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA18730_00-SHOPCHSKIN000121

Rollerdrome | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $29.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4581-PPSA08185_00-ROLLERDROME00000

Steelrising | PS5 | MSRP $49.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6665-PPSA05064_00-STR0000000000000

Fall Guys Icons Pack (DLC for Fall Guys)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1477-PPSA04476_00-PLAYPLUSPACK0006

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Yikes

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Let's get foamy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nah, let's get dromy

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Can you use the armor skins from God of War Valhalla in NG+ through some kind of transmog system, or is the Young Kratos skin and the Rage Sword the only things from Valhalla that carry over into the main game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Countdown to Square-Enix announcing that they are closing the Foamstar servers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rollerdrome is super fun

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I think it's one of those things that it's been the same way for so long that it'd confuse people to suddenly change it. You'd probably have to explicitly add a menu option somewhere to invert it.

I wish they’d considered that type of inertia before inverting the controller’s PS button. I still occasionally long press it when I want to bring up the menu.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Dinosaurs! posted:

I wish they’d considered that type of inertia before inverting the controller’s PS button. I still occasionally long press it when I want to bring up the menu.

i do this poo poo all the loving time

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thought the Helldivers embargo was supposed to be up this morning. Alas.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bugblatter posted:

The full game, of course? I pre-ordered it and the game is gorgeous enough that I'll keep that pre-order and support the team. But I doubt I'll play it for a while.

How are you playing it a week early? Review code?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ZeeBoi posted:

(And the ability to adjust the brightness of the power indicator.)

Full power and full brightness or go buy a 3rd party only console

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://imgur.com/a/Fio9rkd

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

History Comes Inside! posted:

In an ideal world they would have just not put a mic in the controller because who the gently caress is that even for,

The mic is surprisingly good quality and does not pick up stray noises. I use it because I will never wear a loving headset

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I think microsoft is gonna lead with some more losses cause i cant be the only person who is going to let their psn sub run out when it expires because ps plus has been so lovely. There's been way more months outta the year i wish i had live's monthly drops than ps+. (honorable mention to Yakuza LAD)

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Thanks for this! My theory is that the free PS+ games don't come out on the 1st of the month is because it takes a couple days to figure out how to bury them in the PS Store so they're utterly impossible to find.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Larry Cum Free posted:

Thanks for this! My theory is that the free PS+ games don't come out on the 1st of the month is because it takes a couple days to figure out how to bury them in the PS Store so they're utterly impossible to find.

They always release on the first Tuesday of the month. The PS+ Extra and Premium games always release on the third Tuesday of the month.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Can't release games on patch Tuesday.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
I apologize for that inappropriate thing I said yesterday. I was just in the heat of the moment posting.

Can I please have this avatar removed?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

OxMan posted:

I think microsoft is gonna lead with some more losses cause i cant be the only person who is going to let their psn sub run out when it expires because ps plus has been so lovely. There's been way more months outta the year i wish i had live's monthly drops than ps+. (honorable mention to Yakuza LAD)

Psplus sucks. I dropped it when it ran out this last November.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Larry Cum Free posted:

If you go to the ps plus square on the far left instead of the store they're normally right there, or just a couple presses of the down button.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

90sgamer posted:

https://store.somethingawful.com/products/titlechange.php

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Larry Cum Free posted:

They are right there on the PS+ tab? It takes like 3 button presses to get to them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

You get a free title deletion when you get banned, too

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

90sgamer posted:

I apologize for that inappropriate thing I said yesterday. I was just in the heat of the moment posting.

No you may not, worms butthole guy.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

boz posted:

If you go to the ps plus square on the far left instead of the store they're normally right there, or just a couple presses of the down button.

PacoPepe posted:

They are right there on the PS+ tab? It takes like 3 button presses to get to them.

Yeah I think it's easier on the Playstation itself but in a browser it's a wild ride.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Rollerdrome was my 2022 goty and people are bitching about this ps+ month lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I definitely shouldn't watch the Rebirth SoP but I'm gonna anyway (and probably panic and turn it off at the first hint of a spoiler)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah I'm not watching it or playing the demo. I know what the game is and I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

JBP posted:

Yeah I'm not watching it or playing the demo. I know what the game is and I'm in.

Same. I’ve got it on preorder and I have plenty of game until then as it is. Gonna go in fresh.