Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Me trying to follow this fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This is such a cool version of invisibility. Hiding in the spray of the water is such a sick visual. I also love them tracking him via the diamond, I'm guessing that's going to be a running thing as people keep stealing the lava rock :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can't say I was expecting him to join the group.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Same Though it's gonna be really cool if the guy does join them. Really A+ cast so far. Not just the personalities but also the immense flexibility and creativity of the protagonist group's stands this time around. We are gonna see some ridiculous fights in this part and I'm here for it.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

rock human jobro would put this in the top three jojo parts

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

zetamind2000 posted:

rock human jobro would put this in the top three jojo parts

I really don't think he's ACTUALLY a rock human. I think the rock flake things are just part of his stand, a side-effect (weakness) of the camouflage to allow people to spot him while he's hidden. Besides, can't rock humans not swim or something? He's not disintegrating in the ocean like Yotsuyu did.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Maybe controversial but I hope he doesn't join, or refuses to join. I think the cast of 4 is near-perfect as-is and I don't want to see the group become too large.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CodfishCartographer posted:

I really don't think he's ACTUALLY a rock human. I think the rock flake things are just part of his stand, a side-effect (weakness) of the camouflage to allow people to spot him while he's hidden. Besides, can't rock humans not swim or something? He's not disintegrating in the ocean like Yotsuyu did.

yotsuyu disintegrated because he died after josuke stole his oxygen

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

zetamind2000 posted:

yotsuyu disintegrated because he died after josuke stole his oxygen

Oh yeah, that's right - been a while since I read that fight. At any rate, we haven't seen this dude do any real rock-human stuff yet, all we've seen is the rock flakes that shed off when someone touches him while he's hidden. I think it's pretty early to call him a rock human, or rock humans as even still being A Thing. That being said, I would be super down for a rock human JoBro.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I want him to join because I think Paco getting stabbed and then going "this dude kinda sucks rear end in a fight but he likes cats so I think we should have him join up with us." is very funny.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Those weren't cat heads, they were potatoes! Will forever be an all time reveal.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe controversial but I hope he doesn't join, or refuses to join. I think the cast of 4 is near-perfect as-is and I don't want to see the group become too large.

Paco calling it out so directly means he probably won't. His Stand ability seems like it would be a pain-in-the rear end to write around as a full member of the group.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neo_Crimson posted:

Paco calling it out so directly means he probably won't. His Stand ability seems like it would be a pain-in-the rear end to write around as a full member of the group.

Araki might have gotten better at figuring out how to work in powers like camouflage and perspective manipulation.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If nothing else guy's power seems incredibly useful for infiltration and spying which I feel like is going to be coming up sooner or later.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What if it's a kakyoin situation where he joins the party then never uses his stand in cool ways again

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
He joins the group but immediately dies.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ah, the Wekapipo effect.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This is the most I've enjoyed a minor Jojo villain in a while.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Happy 20th birthday, Steel Ball Run :toot:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is gonna look incredible in motion when they animated this part in 2030

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RatHat posted:

This is gonna look incredible in motion when they animated this part in 2030

, one episode at a time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's funny that another long running Japanese series is having an adventure in Hawaii right now with Like a Dragon and I'm just imagining Ichiban walking in on a stand fight

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

It's funny that another long running Japanese series is having an adventure in Hawaii right now with Like a Dragon and I'm just imagining Ichiban walking in on a stand fight

Extremely missed opportunity by SEGA to not have commissioned Araki to make a bonus chapter where Ichiban and pals meet up with Jodio's crew and have a fight in a parking lot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sujimon Battle is kinda like stand battles in a way

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kiryu Kazuma's stand [Rubber boots and liquor blues] has the power to turn all damage none fatal while retaining all of the damage other wise fatal blows would incur

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sujimon Battle is kinda like stand battles in a way

if your stand is just six regular guys who dress weird. wait a minute,

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1753474619892240850?s=20

Viz got Demonic Heartbreak

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

so matte kudasai builds up requests and lets you control someone, right? there's got to be a reason usagi is so adamant about using his stand.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think he can request something himself so he needs a partner to use it

EDIT: of course that could be a lie

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 6, 2024

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

It's basically a teamwork stand, he's completely useless without a team. Also I wonder if it's obliged to accept the request if e.g. the enemy requests something.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RatHat posted:

I don't think he can request something himself so he needs a partner to use it

EDIT: of course that could be a lie

It is absolutely a lie in some way and he's going to either reveal he can control it normally, or it'll get a Stage 2 like Echoes. Usagi is way too clever for TMK to be only what it appears to be.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I haven't really seen any discussion since the first chapter

Is Dragona trans or is it still ambiguous?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She seems pretty unambiguously trans to me

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Dragona is on the hardest drug of them all, estradiol valerate

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
she just hasn't come out and Jodio minds his own business

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Sockser posted:

I haven't really seen any discussion since the first chapter

Is Dragona trans or is it still ambiguous?

There really is just nothing to discuss, he looks female but he and everyone else refer to him as Him, so there is just literally zero room for ambiguity or discussion, even the usual antitrans trolls aren't even bothering with this non-battle.

"still ambiguous" is a bit of an odd statement because literally the first panel is like 'yo this is my brother Dragona' and it has been 100% consistent since then. The only question is was Dragona biologically female or did he do some hormone therapy which is like, who cares because it just does not matter.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 8, 2024

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Bisse posted:

he looks female but he and everyone else refer to him as Him
? i don't think that's the case

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Bisse posted:

There really is just nothing to discuss, he looks female but he and everyone else refer to him as Him, so there is just literally zero room for ambiguity or discussion, even the usual antitrans trolls aren't even bothering with this non-battle.

"still ambiguous" is a bit of an odd statement because literally the first panel is like 'yo this is my brother Dragona' and it has been 100% consistent since then. The only question is was Dragona biologically female or did he do some hormone therapy which is like, who cares because it just does not matter.
You know all the pronouns were added in translation, right? In Japanese the only indication of gender would have been that original "brother," and the rest is the translators rolling with that.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Eiba posted:

You know all the pronouns were added in translation, right? In Japanese the only indication of gender would have been that original "brother," and the rest is the translators rolling with that.

Eh I mean, there ARE times where gender can be specified in Japanese, and we've had a good number of chapters by now. I'd be curious to see if their gender has been mentioned elsewhere in the original Japanese aside from the first chapter's "brother" or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Eiba posted:

So the one time his gender was ever mentioned it was Male, wow that sounds really ambiguous, thanks for deepening the mystery.