Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Sorcerer grades are based on “what can you handle” but also politics because Maki is still technically a grade 4, while Noritoshi Kamo is grade 1. Gege wrote it this way on purpose. This system of categorization isn’t good at doing its job.

E: unrelated but it looks like some manga leakers got arrested

Kamo was Semi Grade 1. Which means he got Grade 1 Recommendations, but has yet to prove he can reliably handle himself solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's really good Jogo and Hanami look like Bebop and Rocksteady when facing off against Gojo and then when Jogo casually wipes out Maki, Nanami, and Naobito he looks likes the most stone cold killer ever. It's a neat representation of the power balance going on there.

Jogo giving that trio the wry eye after he mourns Dagon's death. To immediately burning Nanami is still one of my favorite moments in the manga. It's so imposing that they all just barely made it out of Dagon's domain thanks to luck and circumstances and then nothing is there to save them now.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Wednesday leaks are officially dead :(

Not sure if that means we won't be getting scans till Sundays or if groups like TCB will just be a few days later

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe no scans this week but someone new will pop up eventually to provide raws. Probably not as early as before though, might be back to late Thursday/early Friday spoilers

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Tcb said late Thu/early Fri.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tosk posted:

Wednesday leaks are officially dead :(

Not sure if that means we won't be getting scans till Sundays or if groups like TCB will just be a few days later

Leaks are out already

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Leaks are dead long live leaks

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I have now read the leaks. No break next week!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcbbackup.sattanewss.com/chapters/7656/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-250

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh. Yuta stands a decent chance of using Nobara's technique, doesn't he? I still think he loses here. There's too many players left on the field outside of this. Maybe Sukuna does the merger or something to get a new body if Megumi gets yanked out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This rules

lol at Rika with the fastball special using Yuji

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Fabricated posted:

Oh. Yuta stands a decent chance of using Nobara's technique, doesn't he? I still think he loses here. There's too many players left on the field outside of this. Maybe Sukuna does the merger or something to get a new body if Megumi gets yanked out.
Too many players? Maki and who?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I was actually curious about how Yuta could use another technique as the sure hit. The fact that it's just a standard function of his domain is crazy because he really can counterpick anyone given enough time to accumulate techniques.

Honestly this is a fantastic chapter.

Edit: Love that Charles' ability got used.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 8, 2024

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm enjoying it but also fully expecting none of this to matter the next chapter. Still, gonna take what I can get.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

drat yuta is kinda cracked

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Now we're cooking, even though its Yuta this is a really fun chapter.

Electric Phantasm posted:

This rules

lol at Rika with the fastball special using Yuji

This moment was great.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Jerkface posted:

Now we're cooking

My thoughts exactly

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I will say that, while Gege has a problem introducing and dropping a good amount of great characters, this fight has been great in making everything a team effort instead of just powering up Yuji out of nowhere like most Shonen would do. If Yuji does the final blow, it'll be because of the accumulated effort of a bunch of people.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't understand how the number of techniques is infinite. Does it mean that he can use the same technical multiple times, but only if he encounters it randomly across different katanas?

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

This is some good stuff.

Yuta's domain seems ridiculously OP so I'm fully expecting him to eat it within two chapters lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I don't understand how the number of techniques is infinite. Does it mean that he can use the same technical multiple times, but only if he encounters it randomly across different katanas?

Yes each sword has a random ability thats used up after 1 use, but the swords infinitely regenerate on the field. You can see he used the sky zone ability + thin ice breaker offensive move twice. I guess this stops him from getting a hold of an OP ability and just cheesing it. It adds an interesting dynamic to the fight choreography if used well by Gege.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Seeing this animated is gonna be fully sick

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Awesome chapter. And yes, cannot wait to see this animated.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

This fight is fantastic.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also: Doesn't Yuta or Rika have to eat part of someone (flesh/blood) to get the technique? I forgot the method he used to get copy. If he has Sukuna's technique and that's the case I bet I know where that last finger went!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fabricated posted:

Also: Doesn't Yuta or Rika have to eat part of someone (flesh/blood) to get the technique? I forgot the method he used to get copy. If he has Sukuna's technique and that's the case I bet I know where that last finger went!

No, I think he just has to see the technique. He used Cursed voice without eating Inumaki

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Now THIS is podracing!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fast Boy Special

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Jerkface posted:

No, I think he just has to see the technique. He used Cursed voice without eating Inumaki

Dont think its out of the question to have taken a drop of blood by request

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Prince of Love do you have enough swords???

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Fabricated posted:

yeah it was implied that rika eating the space manipulation user's arm fulfilled the condition to copy her technique, but we don't know the full details.

lih fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 9, 2024

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
This fight owns.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"Hard work and dedication."
"We cheated."
"Oh."
"Oh."

top notch

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
legit amazed that yuta hit the cleave before yuji. itadori's always gonna be lil bro.

is this the first time sukuna's said yuji's cursed?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

this owns. the katanas in the floor bit is good every time.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
I think the biggest part of why I really love this fight is how up and personal it is. And by that I don't just mean the fact that Yuji and Sukuna hate the poo poo out of each other.
It's that you have these ultimate powerhouses with literal reality-bending powers, and they're not shying away from using them, but the meat and bones of the fight is still close-quarters combat. No DBZ raaaaaaaaaaargh beamspam, these dudes just throwing hands and it owns bones

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

TheHan posted:

is this the first time sukuna's said yuji's cursed?

He was talking about Yuta I'm pretty sure

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Started reading this last month after watching just the first season of the anime. I have to admit, I don't *quite* fully understand the magic system but boy is it really fun to look at. Currently around chapter 180.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Tosk posted:

He was talking about Yuta I'm pretty sure

the "brat" is Yuji, the "cursed brat" is Yuta. not surprised Sukuna doesn't acknowledge both of these two goody two shoes who don't give in to the urges

Char fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cgfreak posted:

I think the biggest part of why I really love this fight is how up and personal it is. And by that I don't just mean the fact that Yuji and Sukuna hate the poo poo out of each other.
It's that you have these ultimate powerhouses with literal reality-bending powers, and they're not shying away from using them, but the meat and bones of the fight is still close-quarters combat. No DBZ raaaaaaaaaaargh beamspam, these dudes just throwing hands and it owns bones

man have you even read dragon ball