Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I saw this quote online and after watching multiple Lynch projects I have to agree lol

When you start watching lynch you think its all nonsense.

Then you watch more and start thinking that its super deep.

And then after a while you go back to thinking its just nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

its deep nonsense, somehow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i saw that quote just now and i'm probably still in phase 1. all i can think is: what a strange guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shard posted:

I saw this quote online and after watching multiple Lynch projects I have to agree lol

When you start watching lynch you think its all nonsense.

Then you watch more and start thinking that its super deep.

And then after a while you go back to thinking its just nonsense

and then you watch enough of Lynch's vlogs that you realize thats just what he's like irl

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lynch doing weather reports where he'd loudly announce,"Today the weather will be...." and then pause to look out the window before saying what the weather was like was a great gift the world didn't deserve.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol why was Coop super old when he went to the red room?! Lynchhhhhhh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol Bobby is unhinged

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shard posted:

lol Bobby is unhinged

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"AFRAID?! AFRAID?! I AM GONNA TURN IT UP!" -Bobby in regards to attending a funeral

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

James Hurley is the loving worst character in the history of television. They could make tv shows for the next 8,000 years and this statement would still be true.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cannot provide substantive commentary on these characters and moments without potential spoilers. that said, bobby is the worf

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

James Hurley is the loving worst character in the history of television. They could make tv shows for the next 8,000 years and this statement would still be true.

Always laugh when this comic pops up:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Absolutely perfect and true to life

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEn-mmFiYDs

God, the first time I saw this I was so confused :lol:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

First time I saw that guy and his five head I was like oh please get out of here. And that feeling continues to grow. And also he's that boxer from that terrible movie Gladiator

oh my god lol...a pivotal plot point in Gladiator is his character making the villain break his hand by punching his forehead lol

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Lol I got halfway through the pilot so far. I thought that James guy was doing some incredible acting in the classroom scene when they first hear about Laura but I guess he stinks

I sure know how to pick em

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

He’s fine

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

apophenium posted:

Lol I got halfway through the pilot so far. I thought that James guy was doing some incredible acting in the classroom scene when they first hear about Laura but I guess he stinks

did you see his loving forehead?! I'm on episode 5

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The real shocking twist about twin peaks is that it’s mostly just a normal show with a few surreal scenes here and there but it’s David lunch so you have to pretend it’s all really kooky

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Shard posted:

did you see his loving forehead?! I'm on episode 5

Yeah he looks exactly like the kind of guy Lynch loves to point a camera at

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

The real shocking twist about twin peaks is that it’s mostly just a normal show with a few surreal scenes here and there but it’s David lunch so you have to pretend it’s all really kooky

this is actually true. I'm kinda shocked by how much is just a normal show. It's a lot more understandable than I thought it would be

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

apophenium posted:

I haven’t watched the whole series again so I have to assume he’s fine episode 1 and then becomes increasingly more and more grating. But, I also have friends who are James diehards so it’s all subjective!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

apophenium posted:

Yeah he looks exactly like the kind of guy Lynch loves to point a camera at

I told my wife when I saw Bobby. Like just this type of person existed in multiple people. Johnny Depp, Skeet Ulrich and this guy just off the top of my head

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I haven’t watched the whole series again so I have to assume he’s fine episode 1 and then becomes increasingly more and more grating. But, I also have friends who are James diehards so it’s all subjective!

When you talk about James do they make this face at you?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

This poo poo is incredible. Whatever he got paid for this role wasn't enough just for this face.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jru can you do your picture magic and make his head go up like to a comical degree?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The real nothing character to me right now is Donna. She can go

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Japanese video game Mizzurna Falls is basically Twin Peaks but made by a guy who thought James and Donna were the most interesting characters in the show

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I do not think the show about a town full of weird people would be improved with the removal of any of the weird people

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
and the videogame Deadly Premonition is basically Twin Peaks if it was made by Tommy Wiseau

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One thing I'm really noticing in this first season is a ton of people are with people they don't want to be with and are either actively cheating or pining for the people they do want to be with.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Life is Strange is Twin Peaks made by French developers with hipster teens and Alan Wake is if Stephen King wrote Twin Peaks made by Finnish developers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Twin Peaks is the most important show of my life, maybe. I don’t know. Leave me alone.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Barry Bluejeans posted:

and the videogame Deadly Premonition is basically Twin Peaks if it was made by Tommy Wiseau

Pretty reductive description. Swery, while an imperfect writer, is smart, empathetic, and funny. Tommy Wiseau is egomaniacal and doesn't know what the hell he's doing as an artist. Swery does, and much of the surreal humor is completely intentional, and his works contain a lot of high camp. While the game was always outdated and the combat and environments are rough, it's the ports that make it especially buggy and messy and where it got a lot of its reputation. Don't get me wrong, it's hilarious flipping a car or watching things drive through buildings and the car controls and combat are bad, but the actual story and characters are phenomenal. Swery's other works are similar.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Twin Peaks is the most important show of my life, maybe. I don’t know. Leave me alone.

David Lynch has so much beauty to give if you have the heart to accept it and the eyes to see

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Is it possible to meaningfully spoil Twin Peaks? Like if you told me right now who killed Laura Palmer would that mean anything to me?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yes dumbass

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

apophenium posted:

Is it possible to meaningfully spoil Twin Peaks? Like if you told me right now who killed Laura Palmer would that mean anything to me?

Uh, yeah? It's only one of the big central mysteries of the show. While it was never meant to be revealed in its original conception nor the "point" of the show, it's still a major plot beat that by the time you watch Fire Walk With Me is a huge connecting point that is pivotal to the emotional center of the series.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Okay. I always got the impression that the central mystery doesn't end up bein that important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

Jru can you do your picture magic and make his head go up like to a comical degree?