Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's pretty funny how frequently they make you stop and do car bullshit in Arkham Knight, but the real millstone around that game's neck is the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

just mute them, or open a chat party for yourself.

A party with just me, now you're talking my language.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah the car is pretty great as a toy but it’s not a precision instrument and they shouldn’t have made you use it as one so often

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

They couldn't figure out how to make a variety of cool car missions so they went ah whatever, let's just do Cyber Sled.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Arist posted:

It's pretty funny how frequently they make you stop and do car bullshit in Arkham Knight, but the real millstone around that game's neck is the story.

Remember how in the leadup Rocksteady was adamant that the villain, the actual Arkham Knight, was going to be a wholly original character who'd surprise fans.

Then it turned out to just be Jason Todd again, lmao

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The story was fine even if it was obvious.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There was not a single batmobile section that was fun in that game. They were all horrible!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The tank sections were fine and the car bits were fine if you gave up on actually trying to steer it and just pointed it in the general direction and let it do what it liked.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

That's what I've been kinda doing, it's not like it takes damage so whatever, just plow through all the barricades and criminals in the streets. I dunno if Batman kills anyone but he's definitely left some paraplegic car accident victims in his wake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rubber Batmobile

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I don't remember a single memorable thing about Arkham Knight

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

They swore Benedict Cumberbatch wasn't gonna be Khan and it turned out he was Khan

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ZeeBoi posted:

I don't remember a single memorable thing about Arkham Knight

I remember this. Scared the poo poo out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSKQjwY1RHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05abA8CEG8

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

oh right, he hallucinates in this one, that was their way to bring back a dead joker

I didn't like that

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ZeeBoi posted:

oh right, he hallucinates in this one, that was their way to bring back a dead joker

I didn't like that

I thought it fit in well with their whole duality theme.

Eh. I liked Arkham Knight. Batmobile was a little too emphasized but I think it’s the culmination of their efforts to make a Batman game that really captured the character and universe. People prefer the tighter design of Asylum on the whole but I thought all three games were outstanding.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Arkham Origins has the best story of the 4 games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That man bat jumpscare was one of the best jumpscares ever. just completely out of nowhere.

AK was a pretty sick game tbh. I even liked the batmobile.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

all I remember about origins was a post-credit teaser for a suicide squad game WB Montreal was supposed to make but was cancelled by WB

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Not to bring TV talk back in, but should you be concerned at all about burn in on an OLED tv?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Arkham Origins has the best story of the 4 games.

I’ll co-sign this. That game secretly kicked rear end and had a stellar voice cast despite not being the alumni from the main series. It also had the best detective stuff.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Astro7x posted:

There was not a single batmobile section that was fun in that game. They were all horrible!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Not to bring TV talk back in, but should you be concerned at all about burn in on an OLED tv?

minimally, if it’s made in the last 5 or 6 years. newer models have passive settings intended to reduce exposure for persistent logos or HUD elements. just don’t accidentally leave it on or play the same thing for hundreds of hours

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sakurazuka posted:

Rubber Batmobile

Honest

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Not really these days.

That is, unless you're the kind of person to have the TV on showing fox news/cnn all day.

But modern OLED TVs do have prevention measures built-in that should help with normal usage.

I've been used a C1 since November 2021 with thousands of hours of game/movie time and no burn-in.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah even on the new OLeD steam deck it took like 400 hours of a static image before there was burn in.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Maybe. Mine has some. But I have one from 2016 or 17. They are supposed to be better now.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah even on the new OLeD steam deck it took like 400 hours of a static image before there was burn in.

... And? Well? What was it???

My first HDTV from the 360 era had the peggle ui burned-in. I'll own that poo poo.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Received and set up my LG C3 today.

holy poo poo

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

jumped into RE8 last night. just beat the first boss Lady D and so far it's alllriiight. like in RE7, the art direction is cool. the graphics are a noticeable step up. loading and saving time is basically non existent which is great. i'm not 100% sold on the cheese though. it makes it feel like a fun bad game instead of a fun good game if that makes sense?

i'm happy i played RE7 before this. it was short enough to blast through, and it absolutely is helpful to understand the backstory (even though you don't need to know it) and really the main thing is just seeing the evolution of the FPS style gameplay and the quality of life tweaks they do from one game to the next. but one baffling thing is that the inventory management system seems so rigid compared to RE7, and especially compared to RE4R. in 8, you can't grab anything and place it over another item to swap places, which makes ordering things around an unnecessary pain in the rear end. i wound up getting a sniper rifle and was told that my inventory couldn't hold it even though i had enough spaces for it, i just had to move things around, and that was a slow boring annoying process instead of being quick and simple. it's a minor mechanic nitpick though and really for the most part it controls and operates fine-to-smooth. no real complaints in that department.

it's not as scary or ominous feeling as 7, but i like the more elaborate setting so far. more enemy variety is nice. they kind of act like RE4 enemies in how they bob out of your crosshairs and you can shoot their weapon-holding hand to make them drop what they're carrying. i do miss being able to punch or roundhouse them like chris in the RE7 DLC or leon in 4.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Issaries posted:

Yeah, this.
If you can afford a Large OLED TV, you can afford Blackout Curtains.

lol. Daylight is important, don't be a goblin. Just adapt to your space and buy something appropriate.

A qn90a is AS good as a c2. Rtings can detect a measurable difference but they're both incredible tvs. One is better in dark rooms and one is better if you play in a living room and have a wife.

Edit: I came at you hot then I thought you were making GBS threads on my choice of tv implying I should have got blackout curtains instead of a Samsung.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 11, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Namnesor posted:

Received and set up my LG C3 today.

holy poo poo

if you have Outer Wilds, try booting that up. it’s a great demonstration of OLED black levels

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

GreenNight posted:

That's what was delivered this morning. Having a few buddies over tonight to mount it.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your thoughts on the tv if you’ve gotten a chance to use it?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm loving hyped for rebirth let's go

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

holy poo poo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
gently caress the Hell House fight for real tho

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

I love that playing Helldivers with pubbies means hearing someone's every analog stick gate collision and adaptive trigger engagement. Keeping a detailed mental model of your squad mates controller state is good for teamwork.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Hideo Kojima)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Is anyone getting the tomb raiders

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Keep thinking I might since they're only $30, but then I remember Balatro is out soon.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Another Esper has hit the Towers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Vikar Jerome posted:

The problem is we know how to do it but most publishers and devs kinda dont or dont even understand the nuances of it themselves anymore

I always figured that these rom collections are just cash grabs 90% of the time so it’s always a lowest bidder contractor, so fancy CRT recreation always falls down the list of priorities.
Except - we’ve seen these rom collections for years. What else can they bring to the table?