Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Shanks is a powerless LOSER and COWARD who serves NO PURPOSE and COULD NEVER defeat the GREAT CAPTAIN KIDD!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

tbf has Blackbeard ever been in a fight where he didn't get his rear end beat? That's just how he goes

I love that about him tbh. Too many shonen villains revel in their nigh invincibility, and it's great to see a villain set out on their evil quest, taking and enduring a LOT of punishment along the way. It feels like he's been earning his gains.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

U-DO Burger posted:

I love that about him tbh. Too many shonen villains revel in their nigh invincibility, and it's great to see a villain set out on their evil quest, taking and enduring a LOT of punishment along the way. It feels like he's been earning his gains.

It really makes him feel like an evil Luffy, in a good way. Luffy has not won any major fight without first being on the ropes. They both get their asses beat but refuse to back down.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
blackbeard straight up compliments luffy for not picking a fight he didnt have to. why would anyone willingly fight akainu without a really good reason

anyway blackbeard is one of my favorite villains in fiction precisely because hes a protagonist of his own story except he has zero moral compass.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All Blackbeard fights start with him screaming and being covered in blood after being lightly tapped, only to declare it's actually victory wine and then crush the opponent and it's great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The new OP episode is really funny for powerscaling because Van Auger was one-shotting Cracker's biscuit soldiers with his rifle. And Jean Bart blocks those same rifle shots during the fight on Winner Island. Which means that Jean Bart would be able to block Luffy's Gear 4 Punches. Which means, my new agenda is that Jean Bart is at least as strong as Katakuri and I will not be convinced otherwise

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Van Auger knew Cracker’s weakness to moisture and coated his bullets in the tears of power scalers

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
People are gonna lose their minds when Usopp beats him

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

Yeah, he’s great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Van Auger knew Cracker’s weakness to moisture and coated his bullets in the tears of power scalers

They were actually fighting in an ice environment caused by Aokiji (who looked terrifying!) so the soldiers were probably unnaturally brittle!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

They were actually fighting in an ice environment caused by Aokiji (who looked terrifying!) so the soldiers were probably unnaturally brittle!

This gives much to consider.....

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Luffy on the ground shriveled up: c...hap...ter.....

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
looking forward to blackbeard getting taken out early in the final battle only for his crew to hold the straw hats off just long enough for him to recover and take on luffy

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

mikeycp posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

mikeycp posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

(But seriously though do we have to wait for the official chapters now because of this leaker arrest or what?)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think TCB used a different source that wasn't affected.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the leakers who were arrested seem to be the ones who were the source of the low quality scans of the physical manga, which would usually show up on wednesday japan time. it isn't affecting tcb since they get their hands on the official digital manga somehow. it probably shouldn't affect the text spoilers that usually show up around tuesday japan time either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Basically if anything we are freed from the tyranny of OPScans

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I bounced off of One Piece like five times, starting back in the 4Kids days.

The Netflix adaptation finally got me to "get it"
So then I started the dubbed anime right after Arlong Park and made it up to the beginning of Fishman Island in like, six weeks
Came down with a bout of covid in January, which was the excuse I needed to hop back on the train and rush to the end of the dub, and then the end of the sub, and then get caught up with the Manga in the past ... three weeks. I have not been doing much other than consuming One Piece.

And now I can hang out here in the Cool Kids One Piece Manga Thread and post memes asking for a new chapter.

I don't think it was physically healthy to consume that much shonen in such a short time span, though, and I've probably developed a life-threatening disease as a result

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Another victim of I-Gotta-Keep-Reading-One-Piece-Or-I-Die disease.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Lpzie posted:

Another victim of I-Gotta-Keep-Reading-One-Piece-Or-I-Die disease.

Now rewatching the Netflix series with a new appreciation to hopefully stave off my impending death

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sockser posted:

So then I started the dubbed anime right after Arlong Park and made it up to the beginning of Fishman Island in like, six weeks
Came down with a bout of covid in January, which was the excuse I needed to hop back on the train and rush to the end of the dub, and then the end of the sub, and then get caught up with the Manga in the past ... three weeks. I have not been doing much other than consuming One Piece.

And now I can hang out here in the Cool Kids One Piece Manga Thread and post memes asking for a new chapter.

I don't think it was physically healthy to consume that much shonen in such a short time span, though, and I've probably developed a life-threatening disease as a result

Go back and read/watch up to Arlong Park. You need to understand that Live Action did every human in Cocoyashi other than Nami dirty. Plus you missed out on cool dude Hachi. Also also you need to learn about Gin, who is definitely going to show up soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sockser posted:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

The new OP episode is really funny for powerscaling because Van Auger was one-shotting Cracker's biscuit soldiers with his rifle. And Jean Bart blocks those same rifle shots during the fight on Winner Island. Which means that Jean Bart would be able to block Luffy's Gear 4 Punches. Which means, my new agenda is that Jean Bart is at least as strong as Katakuri and I will not be convinced otherwise
It's fun to consider how many times the Heart Pirates probably saved the Strawhats from some catastrophe but it all happened off-screen. There were probably a dozen incidents at Onigashima that they solved without us ever seeing a thing. Towards the start of Wano there was a chapter where we see Bepo and Shachi watching Luffy and Zoro through binoculars to make sure they aren't getting in trouble and I like to think they spent the Zou-Wano arc gap just babysitting the SHs to let them believe they were blending in successfully.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Basically if anything we are freed from the tyranny of OPScans

This is Bisoromi Bear erasure

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

It's fun to consider how many times the Heart Pirates probably saved the Strawhats from some catastrophe but it all happened off-screen. There were probably a dozen incidents at Onigashima that they solved without us ever seeing a thing. Towards the start of Wano there was a chapter where we see Bepo and Shachi watching Luffy and Zoro through binoculars to make sure they aren't getting in trouble and I like to think they spent the Zou-Wano arc gap just babysitting the SHs to let them believe they were blending in successfully.

Too bad the only off-screen feats that matter are Blackbeard's

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Too bad the only off-screen feats that matter are Blackbeard's
the third blackbeard triplet ate the offscreen-offscreen no mi while offscreen

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sockser posted:

The first 100 chapters of OP contain a lot of extremely great chapters. Have you not read chapter 1???

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sockser posted:

You should read the whole manga from the start sometime. Definitely doesn't need to be soon, but the pacing is pretty tight there and it's a good read, plus I think you don't know who's on the moon since the cover stories aren't adapted.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sockser posted:

There has never been a better time to be Shonenbrained than now.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

There has never been a better time to be Shonenbrained than now.

Roboco proves this.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Then he hits him with Six King Gun but instead it's the GOLDEN WEEK attack.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sockser posted:

Welcome to the crew.

My roommate started by watching the dubbed anime (I know, I know). I just told him "if you make it to episode 45 and you still like it, you're in, keep going." (That's the end of Arlong Park.) Half a year later and he's in Fishman Island. :eyepop:

He's in for a real treat because he should be close to Wano by the time the rest of Wano has been dubbed. He knows of Gear 4, and he hasn't quite been spoiled on Gear 5 yet (he only knows Luffy looks like Ultra Instinct Goku now for some reason but doesn't know anything beyond that). He loves classic cartoons like Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry so he is going to lose his loving mind when he sees Gear 5 in action. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Roboco proves this.

:hai:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Break Week Things To Think About:

-One of the slaves being sold at the Human Auction was a man named Byron, who came from a Tarao kingdom, a country known for its music and he himself came from a "musical family". Oda has also made a point to have Brook say that he was a convoy captain of a 'certain country in the west blue' instead of the name of the country, and kept Brook from being present when Byron was for sale, maybe so he couldnt comment on one of his countrymen being sold? Could Tarao be Brooks home?

-Remember the holy water from Alabasta? Those guards drank it and then did a suicide attack on Crocodile. This stuff was a national treasure, just like the energy steroids were. Why did all these D-aligned nations have stockpiles of suicide drugs?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

thought you said Bread Week and got really excited for a second

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Where was Wano's miracle pill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Bread Week