Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Nah that was still loving horseshit crosscheck.

And also considering the level of rivalry and the fact of there were way too many leafs jerseys there I rule the showboating justified

I do not condone the crosscheck, but let’s not clutch pearls like we’ve never seen a hockey game before.

You’ll note that Claude Giroux is very carefully pointing out that Grieg got carried away postgame, he’s getting a talking to once he recovers from his brain injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
That's going to be a funny suspension.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If you don't want to get dunked on, play better

Don't smash a guy in the chops because he beat you

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Teams should be encouraging other teams to show off on their empty net chances, way higher chance of missing the fuckin net on a full body slap shot than if he'd just pushed it gently across the line.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Pleads posted:

Teams should be encouraging other teams to show off on their empty net chances, way higher chance of missing the fuckin net on a full body slap shot than if he'd just pushed it gently across the line.

Patrik Stefan begs to differ.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Patrik Stefan begs to differ.

The exception that proves the rule! The puck bounced on him! Justice for Patrik!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Young Crosby would routinely blow empty net goals trying to gift hattricks to the likes of Kunitz and Dupuis and Fedotenko

Revenge for that is scoring on the showboat in the last minute

Rielly just lost and looks like an idiot now

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
the slapper into the empty net is so sick lmfao

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Pleads posted:

"i don't like people getting hit in the head but i fully condone it when it's against a guy who did a minorly disrespectful thing against my infallible team" lmao

This

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

heehee posted:

the slapper into the empty net is so sick lmfao

That entire sequence is hilarious. Just pure hockey Shenanigans

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I hope the Leafs get eliminated in the playoffs by a showboating eng (off a Reilly turnover)

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Anderson going for the hit, getting the worst of it, then being a bitch about it was pretty funny.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

I hope the Leafs get eliminated in the playoffs by a showboating eng (off a Reilly turnover)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

nucks baby

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This has been an embarrassingly bad game for the Habs and especially for Jake Allen. My god

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Miller :siren:

What a horrendous giveaway with 5 seconds left

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

heehee posted:

nucks baby

Too tight again after the Red Wings but at least we get the W.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

God they’re only just stopped crying over that, please don’t remind them.

The fanbase that keeps on giving, they were all talking back in January how they’d be furious at Matthew Tkachuk and would trade him if he was a Leaf.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

Vintersorg posted:

Too tight again after the Red Wings but at least we get the W.

Back to back 10am games in the middle of an Eastern roadie, this was a schedule loss for sure. Getting out with a point, let alone 2 is a coup.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Anytime they play the caps I want ovi to score more than I want em to win lol

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Simon Nemec is extremely good at hockey

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Friggin Markstrom

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers have this nasty habit lately of playing like absolute dogshit anytime I'm at the game. Like tonight

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Thank you NJ Devils for allowing me to hear Edzo have a homer meltdown on the Kraken broadcast. Dude has no idea anymore what is even a penalty or not. Everything is a penalty against the Kraken and it can't possibly be his precious boys on the ice.

Lols.

E: He's still having it after the commercial break, wow.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

e: wrong thread

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Edzo then spent the remainder of the period whining about how Grubauer should just start playing now so his .884 save % could get a workout before it gets tested tomorrow on the back-to-back.

Old man yells at cloud.

I want more JT Brown on the broadcast.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
LMFBO @ Hannafin getting pantsed by Vesey there.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Greasy Vesey rules

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
lol @ all these Vegas penalties jfc

Completely undisciplined

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

I will be shocked if McNabb isn't suspended tomorrow

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol the Wild got two goals off three back-to-back-to-back penalties

Gj Knights lmao

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Next couple'll be on the wild. Gotta balance it out and such (also wild are undisciplined)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

...! posted:

I will be shocked if McNabb isn't suspended tomorrow

roll the dice, then flip a coin, and then just laugh cause no one can ever know what causes actual suspensions

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
magic

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

roll the dice, then flip a coin, and then just laugh cause no one can ever know what causes actual suspensions

Maximum allowable under the CBA is what I’d expect at most for McNabb for that roughing call, but only because the whistle had already gone and it’s Hartman so it’s probably fine.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

...! posted:

lol the Wild got two goals off three back-to-back-to-back penalties

Gj Knights lmao

Long time no see Lessail?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Bobby McMann heard me talking poo poo

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Bobby McMann heard me talking poo poo

The rare successful jam play attemot, followed by the not as rare Bertuzzi flubbing a glorious chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

The rare successful jam play attemot, followed by the not as rare Bertuzzi flubbing a glorious chance.

Fooled Binnington by hitting the side of the net by accident and getting a good bounce