Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i watched 4 eps of bravern and i think bravern is kind of being toxic???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Go. To. Hell.

I'm gonna so enjoy the Pats being stuck in mediocre to awful QB play for the next few years. Gonna be so much fun!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hes in the next srw

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The next SRW is gonna have 3-4 new popular shows to pull from for the next game which is gonna be the biggest injection of new blood in the series for awhile (Witch from Mercury, Bravern, Seed Freedom, and Shinkelion getting used at the start)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That being said, it might be a while before some of those manage to get in, depending on when/if the next one started development

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Big Leg posted:

good choice. the new episode of metallic rouge has a freaky dream sequence where a dead bird falls into a piano so you know it's ftw

Thank goodness. Ep 3 lost me with how long it spent underlining that humans are racist against robots lol

I get it!! You don’t need to spend 15 minutes of an ep on this before you get to the interesting bit

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Chiefs have been dumps this first half.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Superbowl? More like, Stupidbowl.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As much as I loved the DDT show on Jan 3rd I kinda of regret not going to the Rice Bowl while in Japan

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Is the Superbowl being anime

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

of course not

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GateOfD posted:

Is the Superbowl being anime

As far from it as possible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Chiefs just won so they kept to the script.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Most boring result for what was an interesting season

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Most boring result for what was an interesting season

Yeah it owned, lmao

All the potential in the world and then....welp

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Do you think if adtrw were in the Future Century we'd be treating the Gundam fight finals the same way as the Superbowl

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Super Bowl combined with the election

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Do you think if adtrw were in the Future Century we'd be treating the Gundam fight finals the same way as the Superbowl

Ignoring it to play a 23 year old MMO and catching up on some of the anime backlog?

Most likely.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

I think we’d still be talking about anime.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Speaking of backlog, Ive finally finished Bakemonogatari. I think Nisemonogatari is next right?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Furnaceface posted:

Ignoring it to play a 23 year old MMO and catching up on some of the anime backlog?

Most likely.

i assume you're playing osrs but i'm hoping it's anarchy online because talking about farming concrete cushions and doing subway runs would be really funny

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Speaking of backlog, Ive finally finished Bakemonogatari. I think Nisemonogatari is next right?

yes, or you can watch the kizumonogatari movies, theyre a prequel to bake

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Doomcore ftw

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

rewatched a good amount of the entire first season of Oshi no Ko last night.
still fun to watch even though i know about every line coming up

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lil bro sent me a link to an old '96 anime called You're Under Arrest saying the first ep is one of the best animated things he's seen in awhile

Anyone know anything about it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Lil bro sent me a link to an old '96 anime called You're Under Arrest saying the first ep is one of the best animated things he's seen in awhile

https://twitter.com/slammo12/status/1480317767370739713

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Furnaceface posted:

I would recommend the 3 kizumonogatari films first before nise.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

verbal enema posted:

The OVA has an extremely amazing opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CovmXFeLM

Not only is the song good, but it is a tour de force in terms of mechanical design, attention to detail, shot composition and cut transitions, and just plain high quality animation. Of particular note are 1:00-1:03 and 1:28-1:34, which are just singular cuts with highly dynamic moving backgrounds that must have been a huge pain to complete. There's lots of little details to enjoy as well, such as the hand animations, the shadows and lighting, and the slight reflections off of windshields and headlights.

Ah it's just so good!

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I really like the second episode and the whole car chase with the Lancia Integrale in the middle of a storm.

Pretty sure back in the days I used to browse tumblr You're Under Arrest popped up a lot in those anime aesthetic gif posts that used to be popular.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stairmaster posted:

i watched 4 eps of bravern and i think bravern is kind of being toxic???

Bravern doesn't understand boundaries or doesn't care about them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Much in common with the deaf girl show love interest

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Julias posted:

The OVA has an extremely amazing opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CovmXFeLM

Not only is the song good, but it is a tour de force in terms of mechanical design, attention to detail, shot composition and cut transitions, and just plain high quality animation. Of particular note are 1:00-1:03 and 1:28-1:34, which are just singular cuts with highly dynamic moving backgrounds that must have been a huge pain to complete. There's lots of little details to enjoy as well, such as the hand animations, the shadows and lighting, and the slight reflections off of windshields and headlights.

Ah it's just so good!

The English dub also makes a reference to Duke Nukem Forever

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

so granblue relink is a regular console jrpg based off the gacha?
that's like the reverse of what usually happens

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GateOfD posted:

so granblue relink is a regular console jrpg based off the gacha?
that's like the reverse of what usually happens

it's kinda like PSO2 with a single player

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Southern Cassowary posted:

i assume you're playing osrs but i'm hoping it's anarchy online because talking about farming concrete cushions and doing subway runs would be really funny

I 100% forgot AO came out the same year, but no Im playing DAoC again. Its both impressive and depressing that no other MMO has managed to replicate it.

Julias posted:

I would recommend the 3 kizumonogatari films first before nise.

Gonna do this, thanks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gently caress the Chiefs

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
sporps

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who own the Chiefs?

Southern Cassowary