Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

After playing Helldivers 2 for a few days and seeing the hype increase I feel like this game is possibly gonna pop off hard. I could see it being the next big thing.

It's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Dewgy posted:

After playing RE7 and RE8 way more times than is probably healthy, I get the impression Ethan knew poo poo was fucky even before he got to Louisiana.

Dude seems more exasperated than scared most of the time, which would make sense if you lived in the RE universe and didn’t have your head stuck in a hole in the ground.

Just imagining someone who lives in the RE universe and who reads a lot of stuff online and is familiar with all the bioweapon crap, and one day gets stuck in an Incident. "Oh gently caress, I'm in a bioweapons incident? drat, I had poo poo to do today, now I'm going to die horribly or grow eight extra arms or whatever."

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/SamLakeRMD/status/1756983403214225821?t=VBSsdqYaRBrxkjLfypiobw&s=19

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Waltzing Along posted:

Arkham Origins has the best story of the 4 games.

That and the snowy winter setting make it my favorite of the lot. I know it had technical issues, but it felt the best to play for me because they nailed the kind of Gotham aesthetic and Batman story I really, really enjoy.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I am nearing the end of Infinite Wealth. I've been swapping between the English dub and Japanese audio. English audio is good, gently caress the haters, but if you want to play with Japanese Danny Trejo that's totally fine too.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I didn’t think I’d ever spend money on replacement plates for the ps5 but I really really like the silver ps5 dualsense I got yesterday so I may be pulling the trigger

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

univbee posted:

I am nearing the end of Infinite Wealth. I've been swapping between the English dub and Japanese audio. English audio is good, gently caress the haters, but if you want to play with Japanese Danny Trejo that's totally fine too.

I like everyone in the English dub excerpt for Kiryu. His voice actor needs a real deep octave and whoever they cast just did not hit it

Pff
Aug 17, 2012
These DualSense controllers are getting me to pick up soldering. Thanks, Sony.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If you don’t mind me asking, what are your thoughts on the tv if you’ve gotten a chance to use it?

Hey, it's a big TV. The mount I had failed me, so I have a new one on order. So I'm using the crap feet.

But. The picture seems better than my old B7. The GUI is definitely better and I like how the remote is self charging through the solar cell on the back. The TV remote auto worked with my Shield which was nice. There are a few things that bug me, like I can't turn off the popup when I gently caress with volume during movies and it seems like dialog is super low compared to my LG even though I never touched my surround sound settings. Still messing with it.

Also the built in Spotify app keeps going to a screensaver and not the lyrics or what song is playing. I haven't found any setting to disable the screensaver.

But so far so good. It's an extremely nice TV. Not sure I'll go back to LG.

There are also a bunch of game modes but I haven't messed with those yet.

Be better when I get a wall mount and angle the TV down more and have it as close to the mantel as possible.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 12, 2024

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

univbee posted:

Agree with you about English audio but Trejo phoned it the gently caress in for real.

I expected to hate that guy that voices Kiryu, but I honestly think he’s all right. Cant’ beat the Japanese actor, but I can’t play the dub anyway for lack of ability to read the subtitles. Just glad he’s not as cringy as I thought he’d be based on him posting some lovely take to twitter some time last year.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

univbee posted:

I think I'm somewhere between 50-55 hours in and am still in chapter 8. That whole chapter with that whole gang has been so freaking satisfying. Such a great chemistry between that set of characters and an awesome period of playing with Kiryu. I feel pretty confident saying that this game has my favorite Kiryu performance of any of them and is either tied with Zero or beats it for my favorite RGG game. We'll see how the back half of the game holds up. Looking forward to getting back to Ichiban, but at the same time I could keep doing what I'm doing now for a long time still, though I've just about cleared out the map of things to do.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

https://opencritic.com/game/15909/banishers-ghosts-of-new-eden

Apparently this game actually ended up decent-good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow 9/10 from God is a Geek

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wow. I somehow didn't let it sink in that it was Don't Nod.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rock Paper Shotgun also loved it fwiw, also it's developed by dontnod

Focus has been churning out AA titles recently, eventually one of them is bound to be good

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What if God was one of us
Just a geek like one of us

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

What if God was one of us
Just a geek like one of us

Washes feet like one of us

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Banishers is a genuinely appealing 10-15 hour game wrapped in a too busy 30 hour game.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
So guys what’s the first Xbox game your gonna play on your ps5?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

90sgamer posted:

Sunset Overdrive

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

90sgamer posted:

Lococycle

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Butthole guy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lobok posted:

Sunset Overdrive

Okay, but what's the first good game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Arist posted:

Okay, but what's the first good game

:mildpanic:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

90sgamer posted:

Halo

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

90sgamer posted:

Fusion Frenzy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't mean to poo poo on it, I love Insomniac, but both times I've approached Sunset Overdrive I've tried to give it a fair shot and I bounced off it almost immediately. Neither the movement nor the shooting felt good enough.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I just want the Indiana Jones game tbh they can keep the rest

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just managed to soft lock myself in the Rebirth demo and I don’t feel like replaying from the last save it made so I guess I’m just gonna play it at launch instead!

Cloud hopped over the railing at the bottom of the staircase after you go down the elevator in the Shinra mansion and now he’s just stuck behind the staircase forever because it’s too high for him to hop back over lol.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dead island 2 is $30 on Amazon. Good deal if you liked the first dead island.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Dead island 2 is $30 on Amazon. Good deal if you liked the first dead island.

It’s not even set on an island

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Every continent is a big island.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s about an island not on an island

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's a metaphor for the island of the mind.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

I don't mean to poo poo on it, I love Insomniac, but both times I've approached Sunset Overdrive I've tried to give it a fair shot and I bounced off it almost immediately. Neither the movement nor the shooting felt good enough.

You're allowed to poo poo on it, but I haven't ever played it before because of the exclusivity so I don't know what it's like.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I tried sunset overdrive while i had a game pass trial and it was Bad

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

I'd really like to play the second Hellblade game. I enjoyed the first one a whole lot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hellblade 2 is in the same category as TLOU2 in that I don't think it should exist but if it comes out and other people think it's really good I'll eventually cave and give it a shot

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
I liked sunset overdrive but I got bored and stopped halfway. It was during the period where every game had to have tower defense segments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Can't believe what a wet turd MK1 turned out to be. Not a single interesting story beat.