Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Can't wait to see what events we have lined up for Madcatz March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

croctober

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

: Cheated Death Again! (Land at HQ safely)

: Beat Libya Day and Night

The night mission kicked rear end. I just started the next day mission and saw how many targets there are, gonna take a break.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

The night mission kicked rear end. I just started the next day mission and saw how many targets there are, gonna take a break.

Worst part's how far away everything is compared to Libya, both allied bases are way down on the bottom of the map. Cuba felt a lot faster because of how close the carrier is to the center of the map and everything's less spread out in general.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

croctober

lurkers lining up to get their game club pick

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lurkers lining up to get their game club pick

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can't wait to see what characters I pull in Gachapril.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

: Beat the game and post your winning team

Gave this guy wings and a real weapon and the flying/weapon attacks made him so strong my others became backups just in case he died.

Little spaceman turned into a spiky horse bug thing.

Just kept adding onto this guy, he barely saw any combat because my other two ended up so strong lol

Pretty fun revisiting this. The production is so uneven and strange, I channeled my inner Mamkute and just soaked it all in. Creating monsters is cool, there are a lot of little details and part combinations it can identify and animate that you only find out through experimentation. It was pretty zen to draw arms or legs again and again trying to use just the right amount of color, or to get them moving the way you want. The structure of the game/story is barely there though, it's just a string of fights from start to finish. The voice acting is all over the place, the music cuts in and out throughout the game and the cut scenes are full of bizarre camera movements and character animations.
I remember hating the rock paper scissors combat when I first played it, but I found it pretty engaging this time since I was playing pretty casually. It was easy to chalk up losses to bad luck, but take full credit anytime I made a lucky choice lol

super sweet best pal posted:

gently caress the final Pengel boss

also this!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Game 3-8

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Genesis) - 1993 - Deadline 2/21/24 11:59EST

Ronald McDonald finds an old map and decides to take on the adventure. But he's only got one piece. A trio of villains are holding the other pieces. And just waiting for Ronald to show up! - Ronald tosses sparkling Magic to win against the Baddies. A special Scarf helps him swing on hooks and climb to higher ledges. Mounds of exciting rounds! Ronald tangles with the Baddies who drop gold and power-ups! Two games in one! Collect enough gold and play a matching game to win balloons, gems and goodies!

Treasure Land Adventure was developed by Treasure, who were commissioned to design a McDonald's game after the company was deemed too unknown to receive a publishing contract to develop Genesis games. Treasure agreed to pay their dues with this game so that they could finish development of Gunstar Heroes simultaneously.

a completely accurate depiction of Sega kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxP69Yfdbyw

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Have 7 jewels and 3 magic power
: Steal the train engineer's hat
: Beat the game on Normal
: Find a Block Game door in each world
: Beat the game on Expert (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 2/15/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to oddium for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Ugh

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

Tim Rogers ranked this as the sixth best Treasure game, right after Radiant Silvergun. I'll try it at least

Treasure made nothing but slop. :cheers:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

what in the goddamn

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lmao we're gonna be play the hamburgler game nd the drawings collected by child services game at the same time. win.

welcome posted:

Coming next week from the ZX Spectrum, (inaudible over sirens)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The gravity inversion mechanic in M.C. KIDS blew my mind as a six year old, can't wait to see what magic Ronald can unleash with BLAST PROCESSING

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

welcome posted:

Coming next week from the ZX Spectrum, (inaudible over sirens)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

: Beat Cuba Day and Night

----------------

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

im goinf to kill you

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
between wario world, bangai-o spirits, astro boy and this, the tradition has been set: there needs to be at least one treasure game every season of trophy club, but it can never one of the well known ones.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

im goinf to kill you

huh?? is there a treasure game you'd have rather seen

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

: Beat Gulf War Day and Night

: Beat Korea Day and Night

you never see the lady from the cover, who i assume is probably the pilot, but they did change all the flags in the japanese version

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

put me in coach, I'll pick Sin and Punishment 2

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

unfortunately this. the McDonalds game is the best thing they've made and it's mostly due to the McDonalds license and all the amazing characters and lore it brings.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That last mission was stressful.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

bees x1000 posted:

put me in coach, I'll pick Sin and Punishment 2

not if i pick it first :blastu:

turn off signatures

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Stux posted:

im goinf to kill you

Seethe

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Tried Super Strike Eagle and I can see it is a technically impressive game but I am not playing it further as I am neither good at plane games nor really interested. Cheers.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Korea night was so frustrating, had a lot of runs where I died trying to return to base.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

: Beat the Bonus Stage

That uppity tiny island has now been subjugated into the mighty rule of the UN.

Korea night was so frustrating, had a lot of runs where I died trying to return to base.

That mission sucked in terms of fuel management, getting intercepted by planes was an immediate restart and there's a group of 3 patrolling the map.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fascinating game but flight sim stuff gives me motion sickness pretty easily. I'm stopping after the training mission.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

worst part is barely grazing the borders of the map sending you careening off-course into like 5 other bases when you just want to bomb the main targets.

turn off signatures

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Really enjoying this but even just Libya is kicking my rear end, I take enough chip damage on all my bombing runs that I keep eventually dying over the course of the long campaign. But the gameplay and the whole strategy map/combat split is really cool, crazy that they got this working on an SNES. I'll try again tomorrow but I think my eyes have had as much as they can take for tonight lol.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The takeoff was worse than pilotwings so I just turned around and landed for the trophy.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I got Top Gun (NES) flashbacks and had to eject to safety.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Beat the game and post your winning team

gently caress the final Pengel boss

i don't think i'm doing the 1 million color gem stuff after that last stretch lol. i did have fun putting more stuff on my weird guys, now i might just mess with the doodle builder.

Dude who i gave big wings and a pitchfork.

Steg who became an experiment on how weird i can place poo poo. the wings flapping all around are on two spinners up front. oh and two little yes/no paddles as weapons.

Bonono who became sephiroth banana.

turn off signatures

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

The takeoff was worse than pilotwings so I just turned around and landed for the trophy.

lol pro strat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol pro strat

lol I designed that trophy exactly for folks who tried the game out and found it wasn't their thing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm very impressed with the game as far as interconnecting all these gameplay modes and making it all work on SNES hardware, I just have no desire to play it.