Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

DeimosRising posted:

I consider the Seahawks the team I most hate to lose to and take the most joy in beating but also I wish you had beaten the patriots

Yeah, same. Like, I'm glad the 49ers lost and now I can post bang bang niner gang and its funny but once the game ended and the Chiefs actually went back to back I felt no joy.

Truly revenge is a fools errand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I’m sure in two years when the Chiefs are about to make it 4 straight Super Bowls won, we can all unify behind the spunky upstart Cardinals and Kyler Murray pulling Mahomes-type bullshit on the Chiefs.

Of course gently caress Michael Bidwill forever, so I feel conflicted in the above.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Canned Sunshine posted:

I’m sure in two years when the Chiefs are about to make it 4 straight Super Bowls won, we can all unify behind the spunky upstart Cardinals and Kyler Murray pulling Mahomes-type bullshit on the Chiefs.

Of course gently caress Michael Bidwill forever, so I feel conflicted in the above.

Hell no, we'll just have regrets afterwards.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Schwack posted:

Yeah, same. Like, I'm glad the 49ers lost and now I can post bang bang niner gang and its funny but once the game ended and the Chiefs actually went back to back I felt no joy.

Truly revenge is a fools errand.

whoever wins... we lose... whoever loses... we win

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DeimosRising posted:

I consider the Seahawks the team I most hate to lose to and take the most joy in beating but also I wish you had beaten the patriots

I get the first and second parts and completely agree with the third :)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to march 13, the beginning of the league year, and the Cardinals again being tied for the best record in the NFCW

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I feel confident in their ability to remain there for the next few months

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
If you can stomach watching it yet, OLine Committee does a great job breaking down the plays the 49ers offense failed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkWzZSPbQYM

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Good breakdown on those three plays, yeah. Especially the third - and I think McCaffrey was being held out of plays because he was pretty banged up and tired and one thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is how few snaps #25 got. Mitchell had 2 rushing attempts for 8 yards, but just 4 snaps all game. We don't know what Kittle's actual assignment was for that snap, maybe he's there as a misdirection or something, but Mitchell is fine in pass pro and might have read the assignment in that play correctly.

I totally get leaning on your superhero RB in the super bowl too. Just... if he's out, put in the #2 guy who was a really drat good #1 and oh hey he's also fresh.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

one of the channels that does lots of 49ers content but not exclusively posted 40+ videos or something yesterday and i had to block his channel because like no thanks don't want to watch that at the moment.

edit: although i saw a tiktok where someone who was rooting for taylor swift/chiefs started crying over brock purdy's story (last pick to being in the superbowl) and was like, "how can you root against that"

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Coldforge posted:

If you can stomach watching it yet, OLine Committee does a great job breaking down the plays the 49ers offense failed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkWzZSPbQYM

I think it's interesting to compare how e.g. JT O'Sullivan talks about quarterback-receiver disconnects and OLine guys talk about them.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Tbh younger me liked the 49ers as a team because they were constantly on tv more (because the Seahawks were always blacked out lmao). The bay area is the place I travel to the most as i work and have family there, so being 'forced' to root against the 49ers was weird when the Seahawks swapped to the NFC.

wrecking Denver in the super bowl ruled

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I will always appreciate the 2013/2014 LoB blowing up Denver’s poo poo in that Super Bowl, and there are a lot of times where I wish we could put that Seahawks team up against other past and current teams to see how things would go.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
idk if the O-Line video brings this up, because I can't bring myself to watch this stuff yet, but this twitter drama which eventually reveals that it was not actually McKivitz who hosed up on that third down, but Burford who was only in the game because Feliciano was injured, makes me wonder if the Niners need to simplify some of their blocking schemes

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-jon-feliciano-hungover-tweet-spencer-burford-18665301.php

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Papercut posted:

idk if the O-Line video brings this up, because I can't bring myself to watch this stuff yet, but this twitter drama which eventually reveals that it was not actually McKivitz who hosed up on that third down, but Burford who was only in the game because Feliciano was injured, makes me wonder if the Niners need to simplify some of their blocking schemes

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-jon-feliciano-hungover-tweet-spencer-burford-18665301.php

It was both. The video explains, and they also start out at the "Burford!" stage, but as they watch it more they get more upset at McKivitz.

Burford set up incorrectly, but then picks up the right guy. McKivitz goes wide for absolutely no reason, when the situation called for exactly the opposite (squeezing the gap), and misses his responsibility in the process. Complete failure by McKivitz, Burford at least does something.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vCQE1NlnY8

Lynch and Shanny post-mortem.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Coldforge posted:

It was both. The video explains, and they also start out at the "Burford!" stage, but as they watch it more they get more upset at McKivitz.

Burford set up incorrectly, but then picks up the right guy. McKivitz goes wide for absolutely no reason, when the situation called for exactly the opposite (squeezing the gap), and misses his responsibility in the process. Complete failure by McKivitz, Burford at least does something.

I interpreted it oppositely: "The whole thing here is that the right guard screws it up, [and] the right tackle's not innocent at all." They start the segment by identifying the exact protection call and noting that Burford just does the complete wrong thing, and they never depart from that analysis. McKivitz blocked the wrong guy, but Burford blocked the wrong direction.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

raminasi posted:

I interpreted it oppositely: "The whole thing here is that the right guard screws it up, [and] the right tackle's not innocent at all." They start the segment by identifying the exact protection call and noting that Burford just does the complete wrong thing, and they never depart from that analysis. McKivitz blocked the wrong guy, but Burford blocked the wrong direction.

I can see that read, but I'm watching at 7:20 and especially at 9:30 and coming away with a slightly different view.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

raminasi posted:

Yeah that was my take away too. They point out that everything to the right of the hashmark they were on was the responsibility of the right-side of the oline, especially Burford who should've read 95 lined up over him. McKivitz screwed up too by chasing Karlaftis way outside rather than squeeze down.

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 13, 2024

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah that was my take away too. They point out that everything to the right of the hashmark they were on was the responsibility of the right-side of the oline, especially Burford who should've read 95 lined up over him. McKivitz screwed up too by chasing Karlaftis way outside rather than squeeze down.

Yeah, my take away is that, but also what they're talking about at the end: Burford's mistake being something he could recover from because he's still in the A gap, while McKivitz's mistake takes him away from the B gap. McKivitz seeing Jones line up in that B gap and apparently not taking that into consideration. Ideally Burford takes the B gap and blocks Jones, then passes him off to McKivitz so he can then block 20. 56 on the edge is delayed by Kittle, then has a free shot at Purdy when Kittle releases, but by that time it's too late. That can't happen though, because McKivitz is over there --------->

What Boone is saying about being a guard in that situation and screaming "squeeze down, squeeze down," do you think McKivitz was in position to do that if Burford yelled for help? Assume Burford plays it right, somehow manages to block Jones on his own, and squeezes down while maintaining his block to close off the A gap so 20 can't slip through, he's now trying to block Chris Jones and the DB on his own because McKivitz is off taking Kittle's catch and release block, and Brendel is focusing on his left. More likely Burford manages to fill the B gap, block Jones, and 20 has the free shot on Purdy instead of Jones.

On top of which I place more of the responsibility there on McKivitz, who's a 4th year player in the system, on his second contract and has been starting all season, than I do Burford who's a 2nd year player and a backup.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I Think McKivitz as a starter also needs to know he's next to a backup who just came into the game and be ready to help him out in protecting the most important spot, the a-gap. Yes, next-man-up etc., but I think it's pretty common for veterans to compensate a bit when there's a backup next to them.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Strong Sauce posted:

one of the channels that does lots of 49ers content but not exclusively posted 40+ videos or something yesterday and i had to block his channel because like no thanks don't want to watch that at the moment.

edit: although i saw a tiktok where someone who was rooting for taylor swift/chiefs started crying over brock purdy's story (last pick to being in the superbowl) and was like, "how can you root against that"

The Swiftie Chiefs fans have been a breath of fresh air in that sense -- they're not so absolutely soaked in rivalries and team loyalty as most fans so they have all these great reactions to the individual players and their stories.

Really I'd love them unequivocally if it weren't for the lurking knowledge that the NFL's higher-ups were BEGGING for the Chiefs to pull out of it all season for reasons of pure, unadulterated, naked greed.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Seeing the idiot talking heads saying Shanahan should move on in my YouTube recommendations is hilarious. Oh no you lost twice to a generational loving QB.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Really they lost because I didn't post doom and gloom all game in the gdt. Sorry friends.

Much more reasonable explanation than that trash.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Seeing the idiot talking heads saying Shanahan should move on in my YouTube recommendations is hilarious. Oh no you lost twice to a generational loving QB.

Yeah, look how long it took Peyton Manning to loving break through the Tom Brady Firewall

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Rad Valtar posted:

Who is saying this. Name and shame

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

They’re right, hurry, do it before it’s too late!

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I think it's time for the Niners to blow it up and rebuild! They had a good run but it's definitely not working!

Redeye Flight posted:

The Swiftie Chiefs fans have been a breath of fresh air in that sense -- they're not so absolutely soaked in rivalries and team loyalty as most fans so they have all these great reactions to the individual players and their stories.

Really I'd love them unequivocally if it weren't for the lurking knowledge that the NFL's higher-ups were BEGGING for the Chiefs to pull out of it all season for reasons of pure, unadulterated, naked greed.

Speaking of that, biggest TV ratings since the moon landing
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/12/medi...0moon%20landing

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
This all sounds like sound advice that I surely have no reason to doubt, thank you friends. I am newly informed and ready for social media discussion!

Fire Shanahan, hire Rex Ryan, he's very nice on TV and I think he would solve all the team's problems with turf and field surfaces because he seems to care a lot about cleats.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Canned Sunshine posted:

Yeah, look how long it took Peyton Manning to loving break through the Tom Brady Firewall

Or Andy Reid himself not winning one for like two decades

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Wilks has been fired :|

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Yikesaroo

Edit: Shanahan said all coaches would be back a day ago and now he's been fired? Up top decision.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Yeah this is very reactionary. York needs to stop meddling and let Shanahan/Lynch make decisions.

Just turn off social media and news for like 2 weeks.

Edit: Maybe we'll get the announcement of Bill Belichick joining the 49ers as DC.

Or ultra comedy Pete Carroll.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 14, 2024

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Papercut posted:

Wilks has been fired :|

Holding the opposing team to 19 pts in regulation just wasn't good enough to not lose your job

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Please make more knee jerk decisions. You took the current dynasty team to nearly the end of overtime at the Super Bowl and are setup to roll it back but you shouldn't because "they weren't enough to get it done."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bring back 49ers legend Richard Sherman.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Welp time to fire Shannahan because the 49ers just can't trust his word. Might as well re hire Chip Kelly so the 49ers can return to the basement.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Holding team to 19 points in regulation had very little to do with Wilks.

A lot of hints from beat writers that defensive players did not like him all year. All the people complaining Shanahan didn't prepare the team for OT rules (which doesn't matter in the slightest), and not one mention that Wilks didn't prepare the defense for read option run.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 14, 2024

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
*empty press conference room, suddenly, music starts as from nowhere*

MY NAME
IS
Tomsula, tha mic rula
Tha old schoola
You need a D? I'll bring it to ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I don’t have the most strategic football mind but even I was thinking “are you serious?” on the call that Shanahan overruled with a timeout, seems like y’all can probably do better