Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

thrawn527 posted:

Potential spoilers for season 3 (or maybe season 4).

https://x.com/WotTVSeries/status/1747665342900445411?s=20

Possible audition scene for Sammael. Keep in mind, I have no idea how reputable this site is.

Now, if this is real, doesn't this hint at them combining Demandred and Sammael? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Demandred the one who rediscovered warfare? I mention this because if we're trying to figure out which Forsaken are left on the table, this would rule out Demandred. Again, if true.

Then again, the link says they "believe" it's Sammael, so maybe it's Demandred and they're wrong.

I thought it was Be'Lal that taunts Rand with how they rediscovered killing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

Possible audition scene for Sammael. Keep in mind, I have no idea how reputable this site is.

Now, if this is real, doesn't this hint at them combining Demandred and Sammael? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Demandred the one who rediscovered warfare? I mention this because if we're trying to figure out which Forsaken are left on the table, this would rule out Demandred. Again, if true.

Then again, the link says they "believe" it's Sammael, so maybe it's Demandred and they're wrong.

The site is very reputable and they have lots of scoops.

Sammael has been name dropped in the show already. Combining Demandred is a no-brainer IMO as he is mostly invisible the entire series. Cutting out the Shara surprise also wouldn’t surprise me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DTurtle posted:

The site is very reputable and they have lots of scoops.

Sammael has been name dropped in the show already. Combining Demandred is a no-brainer IMO as he is mostly invisible the entire series. Cutting out the Shara surprise also wouldn’t surprise me.

I would be very disappointed if they cut out the Shara surprise, but not all that shocked. It's one of my favorite moments of the series. It's a serious, "Holy poo poo!" moment, where things go south for our heroes.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

thrawn527 posted:

Potential spoilers for season 3 (or maybe season 4).

https://x.com/WotTVSeries/status/1747665342900445411?s=20

I think that would make a ton of sense TBH. Demandred does, like, literally nothing of import before Sammael has his really weird dumb death in book 7. He gets like 2-3 forsaken coffee hour appearances, but has no real screen time for anything because he was supposed to be taim (lol). And Sammael, Demandred, and Be'lal all have, like the exact same "Almost as good as Lews Therin/Jealousy/Scorned friend because Lews was an arrogant rear end in a top hat" motivation and backstory. Sammael just being maximum small dog syndrome to embody all of them is just the best.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

I guess I'll spoiler this, TV show speculation based on what happened in the books: It would make sense to not have Demandred and have Sammael seemingly die under strange circumstances a few seasons before the end, like in the books he dies in Crown of Swords. Only in the show, like mid-final season he teleports in with the Sharans, like hahaa sike fuckos.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s very strange seeing pages of spoilers for a tv show based on a decade old book series in a spoiler thread. Can we spoil who the dragon is too?

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 19, 2024

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s very strange seeing pages of spoilers for a tv show based on a decade old book series in a spoiler thread. Can we spoil who the dragon is too?

You better loving NOT :mad:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

it’s me, hi. I’m the dragon, it’s me.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
It must be exhausting always rooting for the Aiel hero.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Invalid Validation posted:

In this case, I did it because it's potential spoilers for the show, which in this case would be heading in a different direction than the books, and people might want to be surprised by those choices.

If the show suddenly decided Egwene was the Dragon, and that somehow leaked, I'd imagine that would be put behind spoiler tags in here, too, yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sometimes I feel like everybody is a sexy novice

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
I have this dream Dark one kills me for some reason
He thinks I am a Reborn Dragon
The foresaken gathers 'round and then someone screams out
"I have won again Lew Therin"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

81sidewinder posted:

I have this dream Dark one kills me for some reason
He thinks I am a Reborn Dragon
The foresaken gathers 'round and then someone screams out
"I have won again Lew Therin"

Bad news bro

I suggest flaming your void in a regular basis

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

And then I flip the table over and scream: gently caress Snakes and Foxes!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

buffalo all day posted:

it’s me, hi. I’m the dragon, it’s me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh hi Dragon *throws a ball of the True Power*

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shageletic posted:

Oh hi Dragon *throws a ball of the True Power*

Been playing too much Palworld, thought we were catching him for a second here

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Did not realize that Celine song, the woman who wrote and directed past lives (absolutely sick movie) was a staff writer on season 1 of WoT and specifically wrote the ep where lan does the performative mourning. Bad rear end.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol ok I finally figured out what I always kept thinking of when the "janitor in the Tanchico museum" bit comes up, the smash-cut from the intense battle of wills and power and channeling over to the guy mopping the floor with Muzak playing, and then back to the women battling it out. It's probably actually been used in so many places it's a trope list a mile long, but the one I had in mind was at the end of True Lies

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Shara surprise is on par with the kind of deus ex machina they've inserted into the show since Nynaeve's resurrection.

I can't see them passing up the opportunity to portal in a huge gently caress off army from nowhere.

Probably won't even get a season 4 anyways :shrug:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Lol ok I finally figured out what I always kept thinking of when the "janitor in the Tanchico museum" bit comes up, the smash-cut from the intense battle of wills and power and channeling over to the guy mopping the floor with Muzak playing, and then back to the women battling it out. It's probably actually been used in so many places it's a trope list a mile long, but the one I had in mind was at the end of True Lies

It's a really funny idea, and therefore won't be on the show.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I just finiahes this series.. I listened to the audiobooks by reading and Kramer over the last few months and have to say pretty satisfactory. Around 7-10 ish it got a bit slow and I didn't enjoy all the storylines but overall enjoyable experience.

What is the deal with the swap at the end? Was that something the channeler min saw helping Rand die did or was it because they crossed streams or what was the deal? Also didn't really understand the impossible pipe lighting either.

Seems like avienda could have just made grendal heal her feet too (sorry for spellings but I have only heard the words).

Going to watch the show now and see how it compares

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The body swap thing was because of the balefire crossing I believe and then the lady at the end (Nakomi) is a servent of the creator and helped do it. Similar to how Shadar Harin was a special like servent / avatar of the Dark One. The thing about the former damane helping Rand die was just her giving Rand the big bag of money it's kind of stupid. The pipe lighting is probably Rand having some kind of limited control over the pattern now. He existed outside the pattern briefly and got some new powers because of it.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Hexel posted:

The Shara surprise is on par with the kind of deus ex machina they've inserted into the show since Nynaeve's resurrection.

I can't see them passing up the opportunity to portal in a huge gently caress off army from nowhere.

Probably won't even get a season 4 anyways :shrug:
I honestly don't see how TLB could be anything like the books. They would need a massive expansion in their budget and that seems unlikely? Though I haven't seen any estimates on viewers for second season.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

flashman posted:

I just finiahes this series.. I listened to the audiobooks by reading and Kramer over the last few months and have to say pretty satisfactory. Around 7-10 ish it got a bit slow and I didn't enjoy all the storylines but overall enjoyable experience.

What is the deal with the swap at the end? Was that something the channeler min saw helping Rand die did or was it because they crossed streams or what was the deal? Also didn't really understand the impossible pipe lighting either.

So I posted this in the spoiler-free thread, but this was actually telegraphed super early.

So here's a fun thing. Back in the second book, we learn that the word Moridin means death/grave when we are told what the inscription on the Horn of Valere is. In the 4th book, Rand mentions that he had a translator for the old tongue with him in the doorway (our Mat PoV didn't need one), and that the translator seemed confused about some things that were said. Rand's answer for how to live after the last battle was actually "To live, you must become Moridin" instead of "To live, you must die" but it was just a mistranslation.

Which is really loving cool! You're likely not gonna see it on your first readthrough, but it is ABSOLUTELY there.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also Alivia helping Rand die is not dumb. It's exactly on the nose about literally every other prophecy in the entire story.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

So I posted this in the spoiler-free thread, but this was actually telegraphed super early.

So here's a fun thing. Back in the second book, we learn that the word Moridin means death/grave when we are told what the inscription on the Horn of Valere is. In the 4th book, Rand mentions that he had a translator for the old tongue with him in the doorway (our Mat PoV didn't need one), and that the translator seemed confused about some things that were said. Rand's answer for how to live after the last battle was actually "To live, you must become Moridin" instead of "To live, you must die" but it was just a mistranslation.

Which is really loving cool! You're likely not gonna see it on your first readthrough, but it is ABSOLUTELY there.
This is a pretty fun theory. I went down a bit of a rabbit hole looking into this.

I also found this prediction about the Rand/Moridin body swap, from 2007 which... holy cow, it's pretty good: https://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?func=5&rec=132&theo=2577
I think I always felt that the body swap came a little bit too much as a surprise, but that theoryland poster points out a whole bunch of foreshadowings in the prophecies etc. I think the years of gaps between books being released may have made it more difficult to put the breadcrumbs together.
Pretty cool, and it backs up RJ's claim about having written the epilogue first or whatever.

Also I hadn't twigged to Rand being kind of the Fisher King from Arthurian legend, which is also cool: https://steelypips.org/wot-tgs/node/156.html

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I remember reading that theory back when it was made and was not at all surprised when it happened. I expected it to actually be true. The years of theorizing was the best.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Making Moridin young and hot was also a bit of a tell

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

This show is ok it would be better if I didn't read the books though imo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

flashman posted:

This show is ok it would be better if I didn't read the books though imo

This is pretty much where I'm at as well

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Making Moridin young and hot was also a bit of a tell

Who in these books isn't hot?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Olver

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gaidal Cain

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I can change him

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Those guys Birgitte ogled when hanging out with Mat

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

CainFortea posted:

Gaidal Cain

Still hot, just ugly hot

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mad Hamish posted:

Who in these books isn't hot?

I was really trying to come up with someone, and just to say anyone, I almost said Loial...but c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

thrawn527 posted:

I was really trying to come up with someone, and just to say anyone, I almost said Loial...but c'mon.

Like he couldn't sing your wood anytime