Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arivia posted:

Anyone using the phrase “insane wokery” ironically is very much worth paying attention to since they’re up to something delicious.

Clean lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

the second is "pretending to care about important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) so you can cast aspersions on someone else", which seems to fit in with what you're describing.

I’ve talked to a lot of these people. I don’t think they’re pretending. They’re just annoying.

It gets exhausting after a while when you want to talk about silly things like cheeseburgers or whatever and they want to scold you for eating meat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they arent pretending exactly but its a mental state theyve worked themselves into more out of a need to feel superior than any attempt to actually change things

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lots of insane wokery overnight.

New skibidi toilet and Honestar runner? Sure

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like to watch this online creator.
https://youtube.com/@NatetheHoofGuy?si=QE6hYpMtDLjgy8Wj

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I actually think we should be calling things "woke" more, and in ways which are increasingly unrelated to each other.
Pizza you had was good, but not the best you ever had? Woke.
Color theory? Woke.
Unsure what to get a family member for Christmas? Woke.
Cashiers should be wishing you a woke day, and people should be starting their corporate emails with "I hope this email finds you woke".

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

can you leave the job of winding this thread up into a rabid froth to the ppl who are actually funny. thanks cspam washout guy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fun hater posted:

can you leave the job of winding this thread up into a rabid froth to the ppl who are actually funny. thanks cspam washout guy

"Winding this thread up into a rabid froth" by posting horse videos??

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
natethechudguy

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
fun hater getting frothy in the goon cave thinking about short stacks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
This thread is contentious enough without veering off into Hoof chat, thanks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Clerical Terrors posted:

I actually think we should be calling things "woke" more, and in ways which are increasingly unrelated to each other.
Pizza you had was good, but not the best you ever had? Woke.
Color theory? Woke.
Unsure what to get a family member for Christmas? Woke.
Cashiers should be wishing you a woke day, and people should be starting their corporate emails with "I hope this email finds you woke".

Isn't this what we've been doing anyway

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"Winding this thread up into a rabid froth" by posting horse videos??

sorry i quoted the most recent post instead of all of them, which suck rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i can think of one guy whos wound up into a rabid froth by horses

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Endorph posted:

lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Endorph posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Endorph posted:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Endorph posted:

Jean Jacket

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mr hands died

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Endorph posted:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Isn't this what we've been doing anyway

Woke.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

:eyepop:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I woke up this morning.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Antigravitas posted:

I woke up this morning.

okay chud

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Antigravitas posted:

I woke up this morning.

Got some gabbagool

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'm Pickle Woke

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I think antigravitas was trying to sing the blues

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm Pickle Woke

Me after polishing off the last half of the bucket of Grillo's hot pickle spears.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fun hater posted:

Post/username combo laughing🤣

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Some youtuber named Twomad ODed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I'm Pickle Woke

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0V4Ce11ibNc

Cellspex back from the dead to review Amazon hit original series Hazbin Hotel. She likes it

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Some youtuber named Twomad ODed

And this was announced an hour after someone published a dossier regarding him molesting people as well. Everything is happening today!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Annointed posted:

Cellspex back from the dead to review Amazon hit original series Hazbin Hotel. She likes it

Is Hazbin the one people are mad at for having too much swearing or is that Helluva Boss?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Same universe, so yes?
Tho the only controversy I heard about was the bad working conditions going on in that animation department.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Annointed posted:

i usually look forward to Cellspex's end of the year animation roundups, since she covers a lot of indie and international stuff that would have otherwise gone under the radar, but tend to skip most of her other videos since i'm ages behind on shows and movies to watch. either way, she's far more in-depth and articulate in her reviews than other animation channels that already have their brains fully fried by algorithm chasing.
i'm not really familiar with HH other than hearing about the, uh, tangentially related $50k expenditure, but i might give it a shot

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DeafNote posted:

Same universe, so yes?
Tho the only controversy I heard about was the bad working conditions going on in that animation department.

at least one of those “controversies” ended with the accuser recanting and explaining that a bunch of their discord friends promised them a job in the animation industry if they made a bunch of fake Glassdoor reviews

those two cartoons’ fandoms pick up psychotic tweens and hangers-on like a katamari

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Is Hazbin the one people are mad at for having too much swearing or is that Helluva Boss?

Pick a reason and people are mad about it at either show or more likely their creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RareAcumen posted:

helluva boss has way more swearing then hazbin partly because brandon rodgers is co-creator of HB and he loves swearing. Hazbin has alot and some of it ruins a line or two But its not mean or offensively lovely or anything.

also i sorta agree. to me Viv kinda hit on alot of what made the disney renissanse era films click and turned it into a adult dramedy about gay horny sad demons and sinners.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 14, 2024