Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

SlowBloke posted:

Someone should go tell Ulysses that he hosed up, he could have just blasted dubstep out of his tricked up stereo instead of wax and being strung up to the main mast.

i think the entire point of Ulysses's trick was that he wanted to listen to that siren bop without dying, much like the entire point of Laios's approach is that he'd really, really, really want to sing karaoke with monsters, and it also serving to save his life is just a side effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I fell off the manga at around volume 7, where my physical and digital comic collecting habits diverged, but I don't remember the comic getting so much better with each progressive bit

I wonder if it's something unique about the anime's pacing or if I just have a bad memory

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I fell off the manga at around volume 7, where my physical and digital comic collecting habits diverged, but I don't remember the comic getting so much better with each progressive bit

I wonder if it's something unique about the anime's pacing or if I just have a bad memory

This one interwove it's constituent chapters more, with one chapter being neatly cut in half to bookend however many other chapters made the rest of the episode (I only have vol 1 and 2).

I enjoy that we're getting into the ethics of monster meat eating(ish.) Starting with how people are more fond of mammals vs other living things then Liaos taking that and applying it to mammalian demi-humans vs other demi-humans.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I swear before this is over Laios is going to try and eat a person.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It must have been so hard fir him to supress his narural urges on the previous crawl.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Arc Hammer posted:

I swear before this is over Laios is going to try and eat a person.

Nah, people (of any species) are boring to him, he only cares about monsters.

Kobolds are close enough to monsters to count.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Nah, people (of any species) are boring to him, he only cares about monsters.

Kobolds are close enough to monsters to count.

He's probably eaten people before, now that I think about it. Monsters is just his next level up.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
a starving laois looking at his party members and theyre giant hams (orc pig edition) like in looney toons

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope that other group constantly showing up dead is a recurring gag because so far its been hilarious both times.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Can we get that added as a survey?

Has Laios killed before?

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Of course he has.

But will he do it again?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I feel like Laios might have subtly crossed a line eating the eggs of a sapient tool-using species. That was a little hosed up, dude just ate a baby.

Ah well, he got his comeuppance in the form of the parasite he got from eating that other, larger parasite

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Laios and Chilchuck

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Very ppowerful Senshi upskirt this ep.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Asterite34 posted:

I feel like Laios might have subtly crossed a line eating the eggs of a sapient tool-using species. That was a little hosed up, dude just ate a baby.

Ah well, he got his comeuppance in the form of the parasite he got from eating that other, larger parasite

laios pointing out that a cow is closer to a human, genetically, than the fishman is is a great example of the way laios thinks

he legitimately doesn't see the problem and that's the point

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked the beard cleaning montage. It reminds me of the few times I've washed my beard.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I liked the beard cleaning montage. It reminds me of the few times I've washed my beard.

I thought that was a dream sequence at first, like Marcille was imagining doing all that beard maintenance and it was going to cut to him using the soap to wash his dishes and she'd look all crestfallen, but no, that all actually happened and it was just portrayed in a slightly stylized montage

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
don't they talk about potentially eating a goblin to marcille? that's pretty hosed up. laios would definitely eat an orc if given the chance.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Asterite34 posted:

I thought that was a dream sequence at first, like Marcille was imagining doing all that beard maintenance and it was going to cut to him using the soap to wash his dishes and she'd look all crestfallen, but no, that all actually happened and it was just portrayed in a slightly stylized montage

Zeruel posted:

don't they talk about potentially eating a goblin to marcille? that's pretty hosed up. laios would definitely eat an orc if given the chance.

When they are in the forest, they mention they would need something that fights them instead of running away and suggest goblins.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Zeruel posted:

laios would definitely eat an orc if given the chance.

Bet they taste like a more gamey wild boar. Maybe the Orc piglets are more tender.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cant cook creole bream posted:

Bet they taste like a more gamey wild boar. Maybe the Orc piglets are more tender.

According to Campfire Cooking In Another World it tastes like premium pork :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wilHHn7LGDU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Laios would eat anything the dungeon throws at them, even skeletons if he could figure out a way to make bone edible. Marcille has a hard and fast no humanoids rule though, and he bows to her wisdom since she got the spells that makes the enemies explode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

According to Campfire Cooking In Another World it tastes like premium pork :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wilHHn7LGDU

In that there are no domestic animals, people just hunt monsters for meat, so it's no wonder they're tasty. Selection pressure has led them that way as a survival strategy.

Nobody's eating DnD orcs so they probably taste average for pork.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Kwyndig posted:

Laios would eat anything the dungeon throws at them, even skeletons if he could figure out a way to make bone edible. Marcille has a hard and fast no humanoids rule though, and he bows to her wisdom since she got the spells that makes the enemies explode.

Given that he was totally ready to eat that armor before he knew how that whole thing worked, he probably already sees skeletons as having all sorts of marrow ready to go on some toast.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Bones = soup stock, that's not even hard.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just break them open and slurp it out like it's a mimic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Oh my god

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wonder what would happen if he got to finish the song. He did learn all the words to the sirens' song.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Asterite34 posted:

If they’re unfertilized is it really any different from salmon roe

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Meme Emulator posted:

If they’re unfertilized is it really any different from salmon roe

You know they weren't, fishmen wouldn't carry around unfertilized eggs in such a safe space.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kwyndig posted:

You know they weren't, fishmen wouldn't carry around unfertilized eggs in such a safe space.

Ehhhh there was a kraken situation going on, everyone in the dungeon ocean was probably acting a bit weird and desperate

Also maybe they were a fishlady and they were still waiting to meet the right fishman, you don't let just any random fishdude add a pearl tiara to your kelp wig

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So if that floor is flooded but you can see the kingdom beneath it does that mean every other floor is flooded or was it just magic acting like a big window to the lower levels which are still presumably dry? Is this a Wind Waker situation where Hyrule is at the bottom of the Sea?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Arc Hammer posted:

So if that floor is flooded but you can see the kingdom beneath it does that mean every other floor is flooded or was it just magic acting like a big window to the lower levels which are still presumably dry? Is this a Wind Waker situation where Hyrule is at the bottom of the Sea?

In the first episode they pan up the dungeon, the water is just that level and the castle keeps it from going lower.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

gently caress you, now i have the heya song stuck in my head.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

SlowBloke posted:

gently caress you, now i have the heya song stuck in my head.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SlowBloke posted:

gently caress you

What's going on???

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Heh.

I need someone to splice the screaming cowboy audio with Laios singing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

.Z. posted:

Heh.

I need someone to splice the screaming cowboy audio with Laios singing now.

It's a reference to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR7wOGyAzpw

not big enough.