Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder if we’re going to see this become a structural issue such that they start bleeding state legislatures and governorships over the next few years…

It is going to be funny if they go the way of the Whigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

His company is going to be put in receivership and dismantled to pay these bills, it’s not up to him. But of course he will probably file every possible appeal to delay this, there is no way he can come up with that much cash without liquidating anything that matters to him.

According to his own sworn testimony he has $400 million, liquid, cash.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

If the Deep State can go after the former president's sprawling criminal empire of shell corporations and fraudulent businesses for $350 million, imagine what they could do to you...wake up liberals…

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

If the Deep State can go after the former president's sprawling criminal empire of shell corporations and fraudulent businesses for $350 million, imagine what they could do to you...wake up liberals…

leftists hearing people freak about deep state persecution:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

lightpole posted:

According to his own sworn testimony he has $400 million, liquid, cash.

Not anymore. :getin:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder if we’re going to see this become a structural issue such that they start bleeding state legislatures and governorships over the next few years…

I mean yeah, hopefully they lose winnable races because their state parties are insolvent. Major financial problems are already being reported in Colorado, Minnesota, and Michigan is especially a mess.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Subjunctive posted:

One of the reasons the Republican Party is going without is the megadonors are giving to superPACs and other alternative campaign coordinator orgs instead. Unfortunately those don't seem to be any less effective at winning elections, given the right-wing media preparing the playing field ahead of time in their favor.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Steezo posted:

It is going to be funny if they go the way of the Whigs.

The Republicans don't seem very divided over the issue of their seditious leader. They did, but they got rid of those people.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

The Republicans don't seem very divided over the issue of their seditious leader. They did, but they got rid of those people.

They seem to have a different issue now : competency. It seems that purging all of your party cynics and apparachtiks in favor of zealots is bad for the long-term functionality of your political party. No clue whether they'll manage to collapse the entire country before they run out of gas, though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Grip it and rip it posted:

They seem to have a different issue now : competency. It seems that purging all of your party cynics and apparachtiks in favor of zealots is bad for the long-term functionality of your political party. No clue whether they'll manage to collapse the entire country before they run out of gas, though.

Authoritarians never learn this lesson, ever.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

I am generally in favor of them, but a handful of crimes I don't think they should apply, and crimes against children are most of them.

Failure to report and pay all your taxes is a crime against children, who are our future.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

No clue whether they'll manage to collapse the entire country before they run out of gas, though.
They see this as a feature, not a bug.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It gets better!

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1758591050976043040?t=4zaWlLaPD2wFqCFhpUZkRw&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He'll get the money, but only kinda:

https://twitter.com/Z_Everson/status/1758193996872986891?t=y7_ktFTJKSvUvX-bLJABiQ&s=19

His part of the SPAC is worth like $4B, but it's basically untouchable for months and it's a meme stock kind of deal.

I'm annoyed this all happened when I was at my brother's house doing electrical work and mounting a TV :mad:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Citation needed. There were, after all, people who lent Musk money to overpay like 2x for Twitter.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Citation needed. There were, after all, people who lent Musk money to overpay like 2x for Twitter.

Isn't it because Musk has other assets, that are worth money?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

vuk83 posted:

Isn't it because Musk has other assets, that are worth money?

I was guessing more that some of those people that loaned him the money wanted access to all the DMs.

And he wanted access to Grimes’ DMs, besides that.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I expect that’s true but I don’t totally understand why. Seems there are plenty of elderly far right figures with billions who could write a check for his fees & have it be a rounding error on their balance sheets. Like Sheldon Adelson‘s widow has $30 billion and has already given trump like $50 million, seems like a figure like that would get a lot for their money.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
We need to form a PAC to cash in on the grift. We'll even be able to say that 100% of what we take in goes to vets.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

McNally posted:

We need to form a PAC to cash in on the grift. We'll even be able to say that 100% of what we take in goes to vets.

As long as this PAC sends me on business trips to wherever I want, whenever I want, sign me up!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

McNally posted:

black musket something something

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Just make sure you're targeting the worst people and not meemaw and peepaw who got hosed over by the wounded warrior project.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

stealie72 posted:

Just make sure you're targeting the worst people and not meemaw and peepaw who got hosed over by the wounded warrior project.

Well obviously I'm only going to target people who want to give money to veterans who are outraged, OUTRAGED, by the Deep State's treatment of 45 (the implication being that we need money to do something about it, the unacknowledged thing being is that something is paying our bills and poo poo).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i was about to say your story is like the perfect grift to tug at the heartstrings of REAL PATRIOTS but then i felt disgusting for even thinking of it, so i'm going to go flagellate the bad thoughts out of me

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i was about to say your story is like the perfect grift to tug at the heartstrings of REAL PATRIOTS but then i felt disgusting for even thinking of it, so i'm going to go flagellate the bad thoughts out of me

I'll send a link to my Patreon for penance.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1758615361501503868?t=3YBiXxYIBBUp_q0gTt-QCw&s=19

This may be the most below the belt they've gone and I'm loving here for it.

ASAPI posted:

As long as this PAC sends me on business trips to wherever I want, whenever I want, sign me up!

For some reason, I'm now picturing Ray Person in Generation Kill talking about going to Thailand.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CBJSprague24 posted:

For some reason, I'm now picturing Ray Person in Generation Kill talking about going to Thailand.

I was thinking more Vegas or New Orleans, less creepy sex tourism.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ASAPI posted:

I was thinking more Vegas or New Orleans, less creepy sex tourism.

I figured as much. Maybe it's my subconscious telling me to watch GK again.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1758615361501503868?t=3YBiXxYIBBUp_q0gTt-QCw&s=19

This may be the most below the belt they've gone and I'm loving here for it.

Goddam, it's like they see Trump with glowing weak spots like he's a Nintendo boss

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
This AI poo poo feels gross.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Everything about this presser clip rules:

https://twitter.com/SaraFirth_/status/1758229659211153782?t=l12cIx3ogjv8FoDGPc20xg&s=19

Bonus questions in a supercut: https://twitter.com/ColbyBadhwar/status/1758657404945010857?t=GFkpRu1fdQJ0eNLgamMUkw&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 17, 2024

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo that guy rules

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

This AI poo poo feels gross.

In literally any other context I agree with you. Not this time though.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Promote ahead of peers.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

In literally any other context I agree with you. Not this time though.

Nah, it could have been done much better. The guide vocal is off and I don't like the varbling.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

This is someone that absolutely loves their job.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Zero VGS posted:

Whomst here hasn't gotten away with a few felonies? What ever happened to be gay, do crimes? Yours is a shameful post.

nice try you tricky shrimp but you're not going to get me to provide an admittance to any of the felonies that i was allegedly involved in!!!

and even if you did they're all beyond the statue of limitation anyway :smug:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

bird food bathtub posted:

This is someone that absolutely loves their job.

Lost it at "have you considered asking any lance corporal about all the stupid poo poo they do daily that risks their life in a pandemic?"

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

These are very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

Holy poo poo that guy rules