Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HBar posted:

Mmm, time to eat a big bowl of perfectly healthy oatmeal as I often do and check the news and oh god dammit

The supplemental table in the journal article gives some product-specific testing results, apparently I'm getting about 110-170 ppb of chlormequat in my Quaker Oats.

thank you president Biden

quote:

April 2023, in response to a 2019 application submitted by chlormequat manufacturer Taminco, the Biden EPA proposed allowing the first-ever use of chlormequat on barley, oat, triticale and wheat grown in the U.S.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
you thought you could just eat triticale without ingesting poison?

You fool. You absolute moron.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I’m not down for this pesticide poo poo. It’s denying me my RDA of microplastics.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Karach posted:

One of my jobs as an agronomist was establishing native prairie grass plantings. We used herbicides to get rid of non-native plants, until the grass could fend for itself. One of the guys I worked with, a former golf landscape management tech, could tell all ten specialty herbicides we used by scent alone.

Just opening up a tank on a backpack sprayer, inhaling deeply, sitting back, and "hmm, woody, a little burned. Must be bromoxynil." magical.

subscribing to hear about the turbocancer this guy gets in five years

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

quiggy posted:

christ that's unsettling

yeah who chose that font

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Lol. I love that our consumer safety standard is "do you instantly drop dead or not". The rat LD50 is more than half a gram per kilogram so it's safe! What do you mean, sub-lethal effects from chronic exposure? We can't afford to test that!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I hear you can eat DDT and it will pass through you completely inert

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
whats ddt?

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Dokapon Findom posted:

I hear you can eat DDT and it will pass through you completely inert

BPA does that!*

*if you no longer need your endocrine system to guide development

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

mawarannahr posted:

thank you president Biden

Chlormequat inhibits cytochrome P450. Good thing that isn't important for people.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

the bug-killing spray farmers complain that you can't buy any more. The gubmint doesn't want you to have it because it's TOO effective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EtxYxEKww

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Once the insects and other bugs are no more farmers won't need pesticide! :eng101:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Karach posted:

the bug-killing spray farmers complain that you can't buy any more. The gubmint doesn't want you to have it because it's TOO effective

It still blows my mind that kids would just chase the poison cloud trucks down the street to play in it.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It still blows my mind that kids would just chase the poison cloud trucks down the street to play in it.

i mean if you think about it, it does sound kinda fun, doesn't it?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ddts nuts

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
thank you for your service

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Kids used to be healthier. Clouds of poison and second hand smoke didn't faze them too much

dammit

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
My mom and all her family/friends used to lay on the roof covered in literal cooking oil to get a tan too lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

My mom and all her family/friends used to lay on the roof covered in literal cooking oil to get a tan too lol
mom's oil-slathered friends are sunbathing on my roof again, ugh.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Mmm, Kentucky fried milf

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I 100% would have been one of those kids chasing the DDT truck

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
One weird trick to get head to toe melanomas!

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re6pZri8Gw

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

SixteenShells posted:

I 100% would have been one of those kids chasing the DDT truck

dr_0ctag0n looking ruefully at all the other kids having fun chasing the DDT sprayer truck, then turning back and sighing deeply as they lather mom's scantily clad friends in cooking oil again

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
finally this thread is celebrating my particular kink: greasy doom moms

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Karach posted:

I checked out one of the related videos to this and learned about the 100k+ barrels of DDT and what else dumped in the ocean off the coast of LA and how 25% of the sea lions have cancer which generally happens 0% of the time anywhere else there are sea lions.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
There is a whole lot of stuff that was dumped a long time ago with the barrels just now beginning to dissolve

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Does increasing ocean acidity boost the rate that metals corrode underwater?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

celadon posted:

we're currently collecting data on this

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

celadon posted:

Lmao. Probably

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Zeta Taskforce posted:

It seems like about half of them flew back to LA. I'm sure its OK though, a good chunk of them must be big Democratic donors. Maybe we will get lucky and a certain high flyer might have some spare time between flights and endorse Biden again. We all have to do our part.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Rip Testes posted:

I checked out one of the related videos to this and learned about the 100k+ barrels of DDT and what else dumped in the ocean off the coast of LA and how 25% of the sea lions have cancer which generally happens 0% of the time anywhere else there are sea lions.

the PCBs should cancel them out

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Torpor posted:

Chlormequat inhibits cytochrome P450. Good thing that isn't important for people.

as long as it doesnt inhibit adrenochrome absorption im good

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I've got 449 other cytochromes, they can pick up the slack

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
You recently apply some Manipulator 620, or are you just happy to see me? :grin:

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Manipulator 420.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Zeta Taskforce posted:

It seems like about half of them flew back to LA. I'm sure its OK though, a good chunk of them must be big Democratic donors. Maybe we will get lucky and a certain high flyer might have some spare time between flights and endorse Biden again. We all have to do our part.

Don't worry, they bought indulgences carbon offsets and their sins carbon emissions were forgiven made net zero.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Manipulator 420.

gonna trademark that sativa strain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Hubbert posted:

You recently apply some Manipulator 620, or are you just happy to see me? :grin:

my panicles are fully engorged with starchy milk, milord