Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's still the other big bulky gagapi robot who was teased last episode. Maybe Superbia and Bravern's fight gets interrupted and they team up to kick his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Bravern being able to modify the enemy robots to speak japanese is something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GateOfD posted:

Bravern being able to modify the enemy robots to speak japanese is something.

Speak all languages at once actually.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BRAVERN DUBBING PUNCH

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Speak all languages at once actually.

With appropriate accents!

I really like how varied everyone's response to Bravern has been, too. The boss is just kind of tired of his bullshit, Isami is going insane, and the grunts are often "Hell yes, we're the heroes, this crazy bullshit is motivational!"

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

This fuckin' show... goddamn.

I was down for an Obari robot show. Got turned off by how goofy it was in the first episode then somehow it went into goofball overdrive...

It was the diegetic theme song blasting in BRAVERN!'s, uh, cockpit that hooked me. I am here for the ride, where it takes us.

Me, trying to describe this show to a friend: "You see, when a man loves a robot from space, and that robot from space loves another man very much..."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love how Bravern has projectors on his back to add explosions or giant logos or really just whatever he thinks the scene needs to really pop. He doesn't use them every scene but when he does it's magical.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont know if they'd ever dub this show but if they did they'd better make Lulu do beep boop sounds rather than gagapi noises just to keep the joke running.

You could also do a lot of funny things with Bravern's language-dubbing fist.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
the pentecostal enabling of the speaking of tongues by braven is because he is the holy spirit. smith wishing to pilot braven but being told he cannot because he is not the chosen one is because he is john the baptist. isami is tortured by bob the cia guy (pontius pilate) despite his innocence because he is the messiah.

superbia is on track to be saul of tarsus but we will see for sure in a week or two

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gouftroop/status/1758256293398413815?t=moiC_Skfn6Qh5KVfn-NHcw&s=19

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yes, and?

Guel met Sophie this episode and didn't get kicked in the head for once.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 16, 2024

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Really amazing how the series nails down the levity after some serious poo poo and vice versa . Just about every episode has something like that. It genuinely dark when Isami is progressively losing his poo poo about not finding a single living person and Smith dejected saying that it really doesn't look like they are going to find anyone. Then surprise lulu.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Every single episode, a masterpiece. I still have no idea what this show is aiming for, but it's doing it perfectly. It's so many things at the same time, while deconstructing all of them.

Sure. Get in the robot, Lulu.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think Smith's M2 got that sick rear end railgun from Bravern's 3D printer?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

A good friend of mine told me about this today since I'm stuck home with Covid and I'm on ep 5 now and HOLY poo poo I FEEL LIKE A TEENAGER IN THE 80S AGAIN WATCHING THIS loving AWESOME SUPER ROBOT SHOW

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arc Hammer posted:

Do you think Smith's M2 got that sick rear end railgun from Bravern's 3D printer?

Almost certainly.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
I think at about episode 10 it is revealed that Bravern is a deathdrive and the super robo accoutrements are an elabourate ruse to hide the fact. Isami will brood naked outside the robot this time for a few episodes and CIA-BOB will try to waterboard Bravern.

Meadowhill fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 21, 2024

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Meadowhill posted:

CIA-BOB will try to waterboard Bravern.

“Change BRAVER—Glub-blub-blub.”

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cupiridas just wants a really, really big explosion.

With Lewis getting a new multi-seater TS with a red and white color scheme that uses brainwaves to sync the pilots I'm putting my money on time travel. Bravern is Lewis from the future after he and Lulu keep upgrading their machine and this is all stable time loop shenanigans.

Meadowhill posted:

CIA-BOB will try to waterboard Bravern.

About that...

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Its so great how Smith desperately wants to the the pilot in a Super Robot anime, even willing to settle for being the blue mech rival, but the world seems to want to force him into a real robot. Meanwhile Isami would give anything to be in a serious real robot style setting and instead is stuck as the pilot lf a crazy super robot setting.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A good friend of mine told me about this today since I'm stuck home with Covid and I'm on ep 5 now and HOLY poo poo I FEEL LIKE A TEENAGER IN THE 80S AGAIN WATCHING THIS loving AWESOME SUPER ROBOT SHOW

this show gives me the same energy i had watching Excel Saga as a teen with zero context, lol, it rules

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The added homoeroticism is a nice bonus as well.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This episode had it all, anticlimactic battles, waterboarding, super robots, homoeroticism.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Smith's pilot pod... :blush:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Show has turned from depressed Isami therapy to depressed giant robot therapy. Cupiridas and Superbia have some issues.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I lost it at the waterboarding scene. The "Impossible" bit got a pretty good chuckle too. The comedy in this show is really top notch.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Full body wax I'm dying

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Also Lulu with the ganba-ga-pi

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I really want the toys and models that will come from this amazing series.

edit: oh hey

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/moderoid-m2-exceed-rhino-12338

Dang, tiny at 4 1/3" tall and pre-order for Q1 2025

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 23, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How's the build quality on moderoid anyway, I've never built one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Winning the fight by causing an existential crisis. :allears:

Also the enemy Towers not being transports but 3d printers ... hmmmm.

Proof that Bravern is secretly evil: making his 3d printer print out parts on a runner, that sick bastard

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 23, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

never thought waterboarding would be an amazing running gag, but here we are

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/ZangBerries/status/1760848144395637024?t=aTDjvl5CH1FuW7PqiHq94g&s=19

Did that robot just blush.

Is it supposed to be Cupiditas or Cupiridas? I see different spellings.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 23, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tas. Crunchy's subs are not great on this one lmao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can CR try not sucking just once.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

How's the build quality on moderoid anyway, I've never built one.

They're fine. They can be a little variable, the ones I've built have designs that their engineering can't quite pull off but I'd put them just under Kotobukiya average and a few steps beneath Bandai average.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Cupiditas is a Latin word meaning something like overwhelming avarice

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not overwhelming explosion? Though I guess that's kinda greedy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It was just weird that the bad guy wanted to die, but it had to be in a specific way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

Ethiser posted:

I lost it at the waterboarding scene.
At least CIA-BOB knows when to fold 'em! "Well, I'm out of ideas."