Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Valentin posted:

so sanji presumably blocks/refracts that light with his invisibility somehow, right?

no he kicked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah it seems pretty straightforward

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oda watched the 17th anime opening and thought to himself "hmmm yes sanji should kick kizaru's light away."

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

This is Sanji we're talking about so he could have put the light gloves in his shoes somehow but he probably just actually kicked it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does Sanji know how old Bonney is?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Every time I see that Kizaru panel I can't help but think it looks like something out of an old scooby doo cartoon or something.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I need Danny Devito as Wapol in my life so loving bad.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I would’ve picked Danny Devito as Foxy.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
There's a reason why Zoro and Sanji were the two sitting on standby with Luffy at Wano during the Green Bull stuff. No poo poo the wings of the future Pirate King can fight admirals.

Lucci's just a crafty, tenacious bastard playing defense and until he gets chumped. Sanji's already acknowleged that Zoro's the guy on the crew with the best chance to kill him if he loses himself and mutinees. He's going to remind him again when the crew picks him up, then give him a special bento box that flips him off.

Also LMAO Luffy floating in mid air laughing while both he and his laser-kicking cook stare down Kizaru.

they want shady
May 11, 2013

lol at the av but, I can understand the hype and I really don't want to sound like the fun police or anything, maybe next time wait until the official chapter's release to buy that poo poo? Probably not a big deal since most of the thread reads the scans and knows what's up, just out of consideration for the 2 or 3 poor bastards that wait until Sunday and might come into the thread to discuss, say, the recent wishcasting from the Netflix cast or some other random poo poo. Not asking to blank it or change it or anything, just saying as consideration for the future since getting to that panel unspoiled was pretty fun, speaking for myself.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gyges posted:

He didn't hear the exposition so no.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

He didn't hear the exposition so no.
Your honour, her age was revealed in a flashback. I had no way of knowing

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

Your honour, her age was revealed in a flashback. I had no way of knowing

lol reminds me of Dennis Duffy:

“She told me her last boyfriend was a fishman and that crap doesn’t start until college”

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

they want shady posted:

lol at the av but, I can understand the hype and I really don't want to sound like the fun police or anything, maybe next time wait until the official chapter's release to buy that poo poo? Probably not a big deal since most of the thread reads the scans and knows what's up, just out of consideration for the 2 or 3 poor bastards that wait until Sunday and might come into the thread to discuss, say, the recent wishcasting from the Netflix cast or some other random poo poo. Not asking to blank it or change it or anything, just saying as consideration for the future since getting to that panel unspoiled was pretty fun, speaking for myself.
it's clearly fan art. Admirals don't make faces like that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

This is Sanji we're talking about so he could have put the light gloves in his shoes somehow but he probably just actually kicked it

Sanji sets his foot on fire -> fire more intense -> it's as hot as light?

Or maybe he just kicked it really hard

With haki

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
He said it himself, it’s the power of LOVE!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think sanji kicked the light. literally a chapter or two ago vegapunk was like "wow this is scientifically impossible! it must be love!" to something completely different.

if devil fruits are the manifestation of desires/dreams, and there's no limit to ones imagination as to what can happen in the world (which has been stated a couple of times), then i figure that if youre willpower is strong enough you can do literally anything and devil fruits are based on the actual manifestation of someone who did something impossible in the past.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

No Wave posted:

it's clearly fan art. Admirals don't make faces like that.

Honestly it does read like that if you don't know the context. Hell, even if you do know it's official, a shocked face doesn't really tell you anything.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm starting to question the range of Luffy's fruit - does Nika allow others to fight more freely? He certainly can make them rubbery and cartoony on contact, but what's the range? could Sanji have just decided "gently caress it, the power of my love is so strong I can kick light now" and it worked?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Excelzior posted:

I'm starting to question the range of Luffy's fruit - does Nika allow others to fight more freely? He certainly can make them rubbery and cartoony on contact, but what's the range? could Sanji have just decided "gently caress it, the power of my love is so strong I can kick light now" and it worked?

One of Luffy's biggest strengths even pre-G5 is his ability to inspire others to become their best selves, so it'd be pretty cool to see that applied in a bit more of a literal context. It would also fit with the mythology of Nika and what we know of Joyboy I.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Other people eyepop when they see G5 and he was able to turn Kaido into a jumprope so he must be able to project his cartoon logic onto others to some degree

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I don't get why people are so hung up on this. We've known for over a decade that Sanji can light his foot on fire without hurting himself because his heart burns so much hotter - now he can block light because his love shines brighter. Basic stuff people!

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Excelzior posted:

To me, this is the first actual reference to this: https://youtu.be/xH_OoD-6rNI?si=4wjcQgjxcGMt3c1o

You could make the case on Fishman with his Ace attack but I think this is more about others near Luffy. Also, I think Brook knows far more about what’s going on than than he has ever said.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The logic of the One Piece world starts to make a lot of sense when you remember you are watching a cartoon

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Gyges posted:

He might not know, but Oda does.

One reason I thought it was reasonable that she was actually a child back when that was just an oddly controversial theory was because Sanji hadn't gone all lovey and hit on her. He was a creep towards Stussy, and even made heart eyes at York in the background, but he mostly ignored Bonney when she was right there too.

He's still gone out of his way to protect Bonney, but in the way one would go out of their way to protect a child.

Sanji is perfectly capable of being a huge creep, but I do not believe he has been one with regards to Bonney at this point. This chapter I read the "Power of Love" to refer to his oft mentioned but less frequently showcased kindness, not his usual horniness.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
There's an SBS where someone writes in asking why Sanji doesn't get heart eyes around Poison Pink and the answer is "dude that's his sister".

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

You're all misreading it

Kizaru was about to blast Vegapunk, not Bonney. Vegapunk says "I'll die" and then Kizaru charges his laser and says "Youll be dead either way.. this is it!" The panels show Bonney but Kizaru is clearly speaking to Vegapunk.

The obvious conclusion: Sanji is in love with the Stella

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Eiba posted:

He might not know, but Oda does.

One reason I thought it was reasonable that she was actually a child back when that was just an oddly controversial theory was because Sanji hadn't gone all lovey and hit on her. He was a creep towards Stussy, and even made heart eyes at York in the background, but he mostly ignored Bonney when she was right there too.

He's still gone out of his way to protect Bonney, but in the way one would go out of their way to protect a child.

Sanji is perfectly capable of being a huge creep, but I do not believe he has been one with regards to Bonney at this point. This chapter I read the "Power of Love" to refer to his oft mentioned but less frequently showcased kindness, not his usual horniness.

Part of me is curious about the line in the official translation, it feels "power of love" could be translated as something else a bit more fitting here.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
You've all missed the most important part of the chapter.

Is Bepo about to pour boiling water into that snow leopard's mouth? Just cos he's sleeping with Law? What an rear end in a top hat

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

RuBisCO posted:

"power of love"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBl2QGAIx1s

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Love doesn't have to be horny

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gyges posted:

sanji stans afraid to crack open any new sbs for the foreseeable future

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Sure, but this is Sanji we’re talking about.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Elite posted:

Sure, but this is Sanji we’re talking about.

Even Zoro sometimes isn’t racist.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nuebot posted:

Every time I see that Kizaru panel I can't help but think it looks like something out of an old scooby doo cartoon or something.

:same:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
For all the cool stuff going on, I think my favorite bits in the last few chapters have been Brook's tea sipping wild ride.

GodFish posted:

I don't get why people are so hung up on this. We've known for over a decade that Sanji can light his foot on fire without hurting himself because his heart burns so much hotter - now he can block light because his love shines brighter. Basic stuff people!

Hancock has also been very vocal that love is a Hurricane. Truly a curious mystery thing.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
*Deep explanation of love*

Goons: Ah, so it's a mystery emotion!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-piece-chapter-1107/chapter/41758?action=read
chapter officially out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012