Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

stuker posted:

it is a bit weird to me that this is the one time (excluding the offscreen with gojo i guess) he's used world dismantle without chanting it specifically after the first 3 incantations. i guess they've established he can alternatively use hand signs, but clearly he was able to use a mouth at that point.

He does chant. As to how. ???? It's a mystery. I guess his RCT can regenerate his tongues real fast. That said, I don't blame you for missing it, this chapter is really poorly laid out and drawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

He does chant. As to how. ???? It's a mystery. I guess his RCT can regenerate his tongues real fast. That said, I don't blame you for missing it, this chapter is really poorly laid out and drawn.

oh yeah agreed on RCT being why he can chant-- i meant that he only chants the first three incantations (scale of the dragon/recoil/twin meteors), but in the kashimo and higaruma fights he also chants dismantle as the fourth

or at least he seems to, i suppose that could be an artistic flourish for the technique gege just skipped this time around

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

They did in the movie/JJK0 and it's basically outright stated Maki is into Yuta.

Edit: poo poo

Panda even brings it up when he, Inumaki and Maki are re-introduced in the actual series:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

stuker posted:

oh yeah agreed on RCT being why he can chant-- i meant that he only chants the first three incantations (scale of the dragon/recoil/twin meteors), but in the kashimo and higaruma fights he also chants dismantle as the fourth

or at least he seems to, i suppose that could be an artistic flourish for the technique gege just skipped this time around

Saying the name is optional.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ImpAtom posted:

Yuta is married!!

*Ehem* Actually NTR is at its peak brilliance when its a girl cucking another girl.

:goonsay:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

No Wave posted:

Maki is the setting connoisseur of cursed weapons and they had a month to collect the most appropriate cursed weapon on the entire planet from all of jujutsu, and it went through his heart with him having zero ability to defend against it. By all of the established rules of the setting the fight should be over. I guess you can argue that another established rule of the setting is that none of the established rules of the setting apply to sukuna.

I guess you could also argue that even taking a cursed weapon out of an inventory curse would have given too much notice to sukuna so Maki is stuck using boring old steel.

It's hard to make out due to the shadow flair but I believe that's Mai's replica of the Split-Soul Katana; there's an outline that corresponds to the fluffy guard.

As to why this attack wouldn't finish off Sukuna right there, she might be aiming to sever his soul without cutting Megumi's.

Despite Sukuna being an enemy that warrants holding nothing back, ironically only their opening card Gojo was going for the kill while every subsequent move has been carefully tailored around saving Megumi.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

"I'm going that family cry when I return to them!"

lol. lmao.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Taima posted:

It's wild that, as a forum, we're hitting that age where people either kept up with the wider internet, OR they browsed nothing but SA and are now convinced that everything else on the internet is horrible and their only source for literally anything is other 43 year olds who also haven't been on the wider internet in 10-20 years.

It's actually becoming a pretty big problem. Extremely basic parts of the internet confuse and scare them. And they're very, very vocal about it to the point where I can't even imagine that new people would want to come here at all.

Then on the complete other side of the spectrum you have this dude who is convinced he, and everyone else, is still 15 years old. Many sides, land of contrasts, etc

This is mostly an issue with Google, I think. I tried looking for the new chapter info and just got an endless list of ad-ridden manga sites and other nonsense.

Basically, it's simply harder to search for things online than it used to be.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Its also not a question of searching for the chapter, if the TCB scan or some other scan were out-out you could google it and its likely to be on the first 2 pages of search with all the AI generated garbage. Its all the discussion of the chapter when the leaks are contained on private/blocked/banned twitter accounts & private discords. Just be courteous and post the links/images here. People should be doing that with the TCB scans (or if another group gets one out faster) anyways

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Blockhouse posted:

I don't know what 'plot armor" is supposed to mean at this point.

If they've spent the entire series talking about a character being an unstoppable force of nature and he does, in fact, turn out to be an unstoppable force of nature, is that "plot armor"?

If that were true then we already know the ending and there's no point in reading further. Readers are going to anticipate something working against Sukuna and may be disappointed in the ways that some things end up not working against him.

Brought To You By posted:

I haven't enjoyed the implementation of this new move. How Sukuna achieved it is perfectly valid and very smart on his part. But the usage is basically inconsistent or being glossed over so he can win when he needs too. I will never not harp on the fact that Gojo was caught off guard and if every other instance is to be weighed against that; Sukuna has to chant and then motion to deploy it. yet Gojo died without a reaction.

Yeah, if the translation is correct he needs to use at least one of either (i.e., a chant OR a hand sign). Seems weird for Gojo to miss either.

Jerkface posted:

Its also not a question of searching for the chapter, if the TCB scan or some other scan were out-out you could google it and its likely to be on the first 2 pages of search with all the AI generated garbage. Its all the discussion of the chapter when the leaks are contained on private/blocked/banned twitter accounts & private discords. Just be courteous and post the links/images here. People should be doing that with the TCB scans (or if another group gets one out faster) anyways

I agree, and it's a little funny to have someone saying links don't have to be posted because they are hard to find and get removed from Twitter and then others saying they don't have to be posted because they're so easy to find.

I don't think it should be very controversial to say that if you want to discuss scans, post a link to them. If you can't, wait to discuss them until you can.

E: To actually say something about the chapter, really cool fight and it's going to be fantastic to see it animated. It's a little hastily drawn in the manga.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

This is mostly an issue with Google, I think. I tried looking for the new chapter info and just got an endless list of ad-ridden manga sites and other nonsense.

Basically, it's simply harder to search for things online than it used to be.

The internet is also moving more and more to things like twitter and discord, where archival data is harder to retrieve. With the old internet model, you could "catch up" by skimming through, but now the things you'd need to skim to understand might not exist any more, putting you permanently behind.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I love Maki Zenin who is very strong and brave and is my friend.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

rkd_ posted:

I agree, and it's a little funny to have someone saying links don't have to be posted because they are hard to find and get removed from Twitter and then others saying they don't have to be posted because they're so easy to find.

I don't think it should be very controversial to say that if you want to discuss scans, post a link to them. If you can't, wait to discuss them until you can.

just to clarify, i was not trying to tell anyone they need to join a discord and post about early leaks-- was just trying to explain the only way i knew how to view them at the time was on there. a couple of people had asked where the leaks were, seemingly independent of the larger debate

anyway imo it's high time we dropped the topic until next thursday

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

Maki is the setting connoisseur of cursed weapons and they had a month to collect the most appropriate cursed weapon on the entire planet from all of jujutsu, and it went through his heart with him having zero ability to defend against it. By all of the established rules of the setting the fight should be over. I guess you can argue that another established rule of the setting is that none of the established rules of the setting apply to sukuna.

I guess you could also argue that even taking a cursed weapon out of an inventory curse would have given too much notice to sukuna so Maki is stuck using boring old steel.

Why would stabbing Sukuna through the heart matter, Sukuna literally ripped his own heart out back in chapter 8 cause he could survive without a heart.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It's the 'Split-Soul Katana' which is supposed to attack the target's soul, so while it's not precisely like Angel's cursed technique it was expected to have some kind of effect on Sukuna. The heart may not matter as a physical organ but it at least signifies a direct hit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why would stabbing Sukuna through the heart matter, Sukuna literally ripped his own heart out back in chapter 8 cause he could survive without a heart.
Because cursed tools are supposed to do things. They had a month and the entire resources of humanity to pick one that would have been meaningful.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 17, 2024

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

It's the 'Split-Soul Katana' which is supposed to attack the target's soul, so while it's not precisely like Angel's cursed technique it was expected to have some kind of effect on Sukuna. The heart may not matter as a physical organ but it at least signifies a direct hit.

the soul is stored in the balls tho, so this fight ain't over yet

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

the soul is stored in the balls tho, so this fight ain't over yet

He also has 4 balls

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

Because cursed tools are supposed to do things. They had a month and the entire resources of humanity to pick one that would have been meaningful.

No they have access to the Gojo Clan's Cursed Tools. The Zen'in's hid theirs and died without revealing where they were, and the Kamo's were under Kenjaku's control so not really an option to take from.

Maki's blade no doubt did damage, but because of Sukuna's weird nature it's unlikely to finish him off on the spot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think this one really did him in folks, Sukuna just got got for sure this time.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

next chapter is going to cut to the uraume and hakari fight

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If theres one thing i dont like in the past few chapters its these hard cuts to other fights even if the other fights are good too. Stop giving me blue balls

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

UnderFreddy posted:

next chapter is going to cut to the uraume and hakari fight

When it cuts back Sukuna will just be in two halves on the floor.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Nuebot posted:

He and Gojo will high-five in the airport first celebrating a good fight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Sukuna being cut vertically would compliment Gojo.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

sorry megumi, we gave you a shot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nuebot posted:

Oh god they'll combine the halves of each

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-SNUcAIr0g

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

stuker posted:

sorry megumi, we gave you a shot

He gets to keep one half, sukuna gets the other. It was the only way to settle the debate over who wanted it more.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This being the second fight in a row with someone getting surprise stabbed in the back is really giving me Bleach vibes. But hey, if it works, don't change it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hopefully Sukuna Lives on through Megumi's new set of arms and stomach mouth, while Megumi regains control over the rest of his body.

That'd be fun.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

that would be a lot of fun. i think i'd prefer the reverse where megumi gets one of the mouths+arm pairs but is just depressed about it, frustrating sukuna and changing the tide of the battle while also irritating the gang

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 18, 2024

Caros
May 14, 2008

Scallop Eyes posted:

This being the second fight in a row with someone getting surprise stabbed in the back is really giving me Bleach vibes. But hey, if it works, don't change it.

Sukuna will develop a new ability, the diagonal cleave.

It will never work on anyone.

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
I must have missed something. Do we have any explanation for where Yuji learned this punch? It seems like it’s implied to be something that only he can do but I honestly can’t remember anything like it showing up before.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It was the crux of Mahito's obsession with Yuji: his cursed energy can touch souls directly, described as him "knowing the shape of the soul." It's implied Yuji intuited this understanding from having Sukuna's soul within him.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I don’t have much to say other than I really like the idea that Yuta and Yuji are only able to have this incredibly brutal down to the wire battle with Sukuna because Gojo already pushed him to the edge. Really makes him getting unceremoniously whacked by Sukuna feel a lot less stupid imo.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

threeagainstfour posted:

I don’t have much to say other than I really like the idea that Yuta and Yuji are only able to have this incredibly brutal down to the wire battle with Sukuna because Gojo already pushed him to the edge. Really makes him getting unceremoniously whacked by Sukuna feel a lot less stupid imo.

finally someone else gets it

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It works well given the full context, but the mechanics behind his completed reincarnation weren't properly telegraphed by the brief fight with Kashimo, so at the time it came off as not only a full heal but also a power up as if the Gojo fight had done nothing but make Sukuna stronger.

Now we know it was a desperation move from being suddenly cornered; Sukuna was figuratively out of breath so he needed the reincarnation to heal (bypassing his depleted RCT output) and to use his "two-faced" bits to keep up with Kashimo's CT beast mode.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Kashimo redemption arc...

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I may not reach the same highs reading this battle as I have with others but as a demonstration of slowly chipping away at an insurmountable enemy I can appreciate it. I don’t know if I’ve ever read a manga with such a grueling breakdown of the strongest enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Yeah, that part of the fight is being done really well. Normally the final villain just gets stalled until the MC gets there, and they start to fight basically at 100% .