Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Has anyone played Helldivers 2 yet?

I am right now. Its dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

It beat the concurrent players record on Steam

Pretty sure Palworld beat that, no?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Pretty sure Palworld beat that, no?

The all-time peak is apparently PUBG still, I think? Helldivers 2 is like 28th

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
My bad, the post i read was against destiny 2

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still wanna yell about Palworld

PALWORLD

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Helldivers 2 ftmfw when its servers aren't loving dying because its hitting capacity.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rinkles posted:

Episode 19 of RahXephon is an expertly delivered emotional gut punch.

It's really loving good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

Helldivers 2 ftmfw when its servers aren't loving dying because its hitting capacity.

Friends and I finally got into a mission and then didn't get any rewards at the end cuz of the servers exploding. FTL.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shinjobi posted:

PALWORLD

Sorry, I'm too busy going on an adventure with my pals in the world of Like a Dragon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pootybutt posted:

Get in the Robot, Charlie Brown

Man, these specials have gotten weird since Bill Melendez died.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Friends and I finally got into a mission and then didn't get any rewards at the end cuz of the servers exploding. FTL.

Same thing happened to us but then later on in the middle of another mission we got the rewards from the previous one lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

that happened to me and a buddy last night. was hoping they'd addressed that lol oh well

copy
Jul 26, 2007

managed to get in this morning and did _not_ get any of the poo poo from the missions I did and i was like "you're awful fuckin lucky you're just intrinsically fun to play, helldivers 2"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

Sorry, I'm too busy going on an adventure with my pals in the world of Like a Dragon

It's better than Palworld, it's true

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
the dev posts about helldivers 2 are kinda funny because they're like "oh holy gently caress we didn't think we'd launch this hard uhhhh poo poo we increased the login server capacity by a big amount and then it instantly hit that cap too oh god why aren't people getting their rewards fuuuuck"

anyway this was how my first mission ended

https://files.catbox.moe/n3e288.mp4

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah you gotta be on your A game if you're going to Space loving Vietnam.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shinjobi posted:

PALWORLD
I just found one of these in a cave! it's cool, almost kicked my rear end. but my rad bird that was my first flying mount and still can fight endgame bosses even now beat the poo poo out of it. palworld is great for an early access game!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Palworld has a surprisingly good idea its running on and the bones of the game certainly leave me to think that the developers are going to end up with a fantastic game on their hands in 2-3 years when its done. :v:

Until then, Ill be dropping in every 3-4 months to gently caress around with new stuff like Ive been doing with Valheim. Ive more than got my money out of both games, which is impressive for early access stuff.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Finished my RahXephon rewatch.

Pretty different from the remains of the impression it left on me originally. Though obviously I’ve also changed in the 12 years since. I think this time I more appreciated what it succeeded at, and was less hung up with what I didn’t like.
It’s a great mood piece. The plot is only really convoluted because of its tantalizing presentation (and I do think this is overall to the detriment of the story) but this time round I really vibed with the resulting slow ethereal atmosphere. It wouldn’t have worked without the soundtrack.

I’d forgotten that the cast is one big hosed up family of hedgehogs (of the Schopenhauer variety).

Megumi was the best character.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Too many games. Beat P3make and now I'm back to the remaster of the original RE4. Top tier gaming right now.,

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

It’s always a fine time to be a gamer :cheersdoge:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rinkles posted:

Finished my RahXephon rewatch.
now read the manga! It's very different, and only 3 volumes long.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna watch the movie next. I haven't heard much about the manga but i'll look it up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Better to not look up the manga tbh, just go in blind.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

is the movie not just a compilation/summary movie?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I purposefully didn’t look into it in too much detail, but I thought it was a bit more.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

feel like i might finally get into PC gaming this year
i know nothing about building computers so probably will just buy a pre-made one or something..

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GateOfD posted:

i know nothing about building computers so probably will just buy a pre-made one or something..

It's how I got started. I bought a pre-built and have just been slowly adding/replacing parts so I understand how to. Seems the easiest way.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's how I got started. I bought a pre-built and have just been slowly adding/replacing parts so I understand how to. Seems the easiest way.

yeah my pre-built is essentially a Ship of Theseus now

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

GateOfD posted:

the actual building part is fairly standardized and not that hard if you're mechanically adept at all. like, if you can read ikea furniture instructions and build it without issues, you can figure out building a pc. a lot of people can't do this or don't feel comfortable with this, which is fine.

if you go with a prebuilt, remember that you're paying extra to get support from the company, so do some research to figure out which companies actually build the computers well and also have quality service.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the #1 reason to self build is so you can have a case thats pretty and/or with the features you like imo. if you arent picky about that part and can afford it theres nothing wrong with a prebuilt and the support it comes with

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Also some pre-builts, usually OEMs (e.g., Dell, HP), make certain upgrades a pain or outright impossible. Not a reason to go DIY if you’re uncomfortable with the idea, but something to keep in mind when choosing where to buy from.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Furnaceface posted:

Palworld has a surprisingly good idea its running on and the bones of the game certainly leave me to think that the developers are going to end up with a fantastic game on their hands in 2-3 years when its done. :v:

was the 3d asset plagiarism stuff accurate or was that just a nothingburger

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it was made up

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

euroshopper posted:

Their designers were using pokemon models as an inspirational base but not actually copying the models 1:1, which makes sense because it's a parody game, of course it's trying to make things that look like pokemon except just legally not. The one that got too close legally speaking was removed from the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tales of Woe posted:

is the movie not just a compilation/summary movie?

Kind of but also has an expanded ending which also tells you what actually happened lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

euroshopper posted:

Its... kinda valid? Like, there are definitely some designs that try to toe the line. But its not exactly a big deal either. The game, in early access, is already better than Arceus Legends and has people asking why Nintendo cant put in the same kind of effort for a similar quality product given Pokemon is likely a billion dollar brand.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Furnaceface posted:

The game, in early access, is already better than Arceus Legends

incorrect

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I need to give Arceus another go, because what I played was neat but felt like one step forward one step back from the normal formula. But apparently you can have a farm, or something like that, which I never got to.

Seen a lot of praise for it since Palworld came out that I didn’t understand, so i probably didn’t play enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

asking why Nintendo cant put in the same kind of effort for a similar quality product given Pokemon is likely a billion dollar brand.

Because they don't actually own Pokemon Company. Nintendo only has 30% ownership.