Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
ended up getting new command rover to go over the top and get the gwp. this is actually a cool set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BaconCopter posted:

:eyepop:

Hot drat those are some great looking MOCs!

trevorreznik posted:

This is incredible!

deoju posted:

Those are rad.

Thanks! It started with just wanting to build the Peacekeeper in stud.io. I set myself "rules" for the variants that boiled down to "must keep as much of the original framework as possible", "must still have the removable pod play feature", and "must use some of the same design language as the set it's being styled after". The Classic Space and Blacktron variants are the most changed because I had to use the more square cockpit element, rather than the "modern" one.

Group shot of the pods. The Classic one has side opening panels because where the original door would be is now taken up by a booster rocket. The top of the M-Tron pod was made to look like a magnet connector.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Thanks! It started with just wanting to build the Peacekeeper in stud.io. I set myself "rules" for the variants that boiled down to "must keep as much of the original framework as possible", "must still have the removable pod play feature", and "must use some of the same design language as the set it's being styled after". The Classic Space and Blacktron variants are the most changed because I had to use the more square cockpit element, rather than the "modern" one.

Group shot of the pods. The Classic one has side opening panels because where the original door would be is now taken up by a booster rocket. The top of the M-Tron pod was made to look like a magnet connector.

kinda reminds me of the sim city arcologies in a funny way

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I can see how you did the hinges on the various drop off parts and those are some slick mechanisms

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Spotted in the SAS NHL thread...
That set is $200 and pro sticks can be $250-300, so the fan probably came away with the better end of the deal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gonna go to the game used store at my NHL team and try convince people to give me modulars in exchange.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1759623921005982013?t=Pn_yA03bOtTaIs77TX6riA&s=19

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I just got charged for the Senna McLaren, wonder if it’ll ship early

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm working on bag 2 for the kingfisher and they went all out for the water. They used that corner piece from the Himeji Castle and made it trans clear.

E:Also, build it in the app because there's a lot of 1x1s with exact placement

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 20, 2024

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Dogen posted:

I just got charged for the Senna McLaren, wonder if it’ll ship early

Do you know if the march 1 releases go in store early at all for VIP?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Usually they will just do that with one big set and the Senna set and maybe some speed champions were all I was looking at, so I dunno. But usually that vip early access is pretty well promoted.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Here's a random one for the thread (and a long shot at that), did anyone buy the Hunt for Red October Sean Connery minifig Brick Mania made a while back and now decide they no longer want it? Hit me up if so!

Alternatively, anyone got a lead on an alternate figure with that submarine captain coat? The ushankas are still for sale at least.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

this is giving me an extremely unfortunate association to the meme with the jar

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this is a cool rear end lego sword. i want to study the blade............

https://v.redd.it/adza4m7e4zjc1

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Snow White cottage looks good.

Any word on March GWP? I haven't seen anything.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sunk Dunk posted:

this is a cool rear end lego sword. i want to study the blade............

https://v.redd.it/adza4m7e4zjc1

me: oh I see, he's starting the video with an actual replica sword for comparison purposes

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Got my order with the Micro Rocket Launchpad.

I now require an army of Space Babies.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Question:

Obviously this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256805980003801.html is a stolen design but how do I find the original and figure out if the creator is selling instructions?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Literally A Person posted:

Question:

Obviously this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256805980003801.html is a stolen design but how do I find the original and figure out if the creator is selling instructions?

First place I'd check is rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/?q=Audrey

Usually some combination of searching around the source material will find you something, especially if a MOC is trending. I don't see anything immediately off the cuff with this one though

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The only thing I can think is to just google and hope you find the original builder, but you have probably already done that. :( :shrug:

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Does the following thing exist (either lego or third-party)?

A belt (that goes in between the torso and leg assembly like the Batman utility belts) with a stud on the side. I would like something like this for my Star-Lord figure so that I can stick the 2x1 cassette tape tile on it to look like the Walkman.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've never seen it but I can definitely see the appeal. Keep in mind that it would prevent the arms from going down.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Lamont posted:

Does the following thing exist (either lego or third-party)?

A belt (that goes in between the torso and leg assembly like the Batman utility belts) with a stud on the side. I would like something like this for my Star-Lord figure so that I can stick the 2x1 cassette tape tile on it to look like the Walkman.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=42446#T=S&O=%7B%22iconly%22:0%7D

I think this would work for what you're trying to do

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's probably your best bet but it's gonna leave a weird looking gap. Also I'm not sure the leg connectors are the same diameter as a regular stud (maybe it is? I forgot) so it might not even fit.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
Hm, worth a try to grab a couple of those on my next bricklink order, I can have a second one facing backwards on the other leg to fill the gap. Thanks folks!

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

I just happened to be reorganizing my stuff and had some of those pieces handy. Unfortunately, they won't fit on the legs. The leg posts are flared at the base and not regular cylindrical pegs. The belts and tails and such have rounded edged square holes to fit the legs. Sorry.

It's *illegal* but I guess you could get some of those pieces and dremel/file the holes open some more.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Luchacabra posted:

I just happened to be reorganizing my stuff and had some of those pieces handy. Unfortunately, they won't fit on the legs. The leg posts are flared at the base and not regular cylindrical pegs. The belts and tails and such have rounded edged square holes to fit the legs. Sorry.

It's *illegal* but I guess you could get some of those pieces and dremel/file the holes open some more.

Probe this filth

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Luchacabra posted:

yeah that was my worry. Lego doesn't really do a ton with hip level stuff for minifigs

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Amazon has the BTTF set 20% off: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TBMHCXL?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1
Hopefully anyone who still wants it reads this soon enough!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BaconCopter posted:

Amazon has the BTTF set 20% off: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TBMHCXL?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1
Hopefully anyone who still wants it reads this soon enough!

indiana jones set was also like 15% or so off. i ended up getting both because i've lost control of my life

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol back to the same price it was before they raised the price

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lego thread: Shiiiiiiiit, i've lost control of my life

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Waltzing Along posted:

Lego thread: Shiiiiiiiit, i've lost control of my life

I don't know what you're implying

:negative:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SadisTech posted:

I don't know what you're implying

:negative:

when the backorder stuff actually ships my backlog will start looking about that bad. note that it currently is still bad.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

still to come, the question mark block, the midi falcon and blockade runner, the tie bomber, tie interceptor, and i'm pretty sure i loving forgot i ordered something

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I’ve got the avengers tower, Concorde, and UCS republic gunship and I think that’s it but it’s a lot

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The only two sets I'm looking forward to are the Orrery and the new TiE Interceptor, pending the specs and looks of it. I have the old one, and I have to admit I've never been terribly keen about the blue accents on it.

What I *really* would love would be a Royal Guard TiE Interceptor, but that might be a hard sell as it's blood red.

Seems someone with more time on their hands had the same idea: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/05/05/this-star-wars-royal-guard-tie-interceptor-has-us-seeing-red/

Redd wunz go fastur

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m coming back to Lego as an adult (I loved Bionicle and the early 2000s themes bc, well, that’s when I was in the target audience) and wow it’s so cool that there’s a lot of sets marketed towards adults

I just did the Technic Jeep and I had so much fun building it! I’m looking forward to some of the new Lego Star Wars stuff to drop too

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Carlosologist posted:

I’m coming back to Lego as an adult (I loved Bionicle and the early 2000s themes bc, well, that’s when I was in the target audience) and wow it’s so cool that there’s a lot of sets marketed towards adults

I just did the Technic Jeep and I had so much fun building it! I’m looking forward to some of the new Lego Star Wars stuff to drop too

The midi-sized Super Star Destroyer is a good build. The most frustrating part of it for me were the engines in the back - they pop off rather easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A fatal flaw from the brilliant minds at the imperial design department? Could never have seen that coming.