Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/femalelroom/status/1758207555992424886?s=46

Looks like people are more comfortable spilling on the culture they witnessed first hand when they were there.

While I am not thrilled to hear more stories of sexual assault, the thought that these cracks in the dam are the ones at the beginning of a full collapse and flood is one that has me going :sickos:

gently caress you, Vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

that was who I figured was the one who got the depush despite having being pretty entertaining. Shoutout to Jackie Gayda.

People far more obsessive went through all the details and Gayda isn't the one that story is about. She's another one used and abusedvu the rapist Vince McMahon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

can we still shoutout to Jackie Gayda tho

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Unless you're bringing me true crime with all the gravitas of Robert Stack I don't want it.

unless it’s “Swindled” I don’t listen to true crime podcasts. the host would likely do an incredible job with this one.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I am positive I recall quotes from the sheets or potentially this very forum at the time that multiple women had heat for dating midcard or indy guys, and Gaeda and Haas were specifically mentioned. Never thought it was related to Vince specifically, but the women seemed basically reserved for the main eventers with Randy and Batista being standouts in that behavior

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope this reignites Speaking Out. The indies are rife with this behavior and promoters covering it up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

King Bahamut posted:

I am positive I recall quotes from the sheets or potentially this very forum at the time that multiple women had heat for dating midcard or indy guys, and Gaeda and Haas were specifically mentioned. Never thought it was related to Vince specifically, but the women seemed basically reserved for the main eventers with Randy and Batista being standouts in that behavior

Melina/morrison/batista were another story, that people thought a main eventer like Batista deserved a lady like Melina and not Johnny nitro

The locker room was gross and I hope it is not like that anymore

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

rotinaj posted:

Melina/morrison/batista were another story, that people thought a main eventer like Batista deserved a lady like Melina and not Johnny nitro

It is 100% like that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Didn't Rusev and Lana get punished for getting married?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MJeff posted:

That incident feels like one of the things non-wrestling people wouldn't understand.

"Yeah these two people were put in storylines to try and ruin their real life relationship because people in power thought Lana was too hot for Rusev. Then when they real life got married they were further punished."

"Ok but wrestling is fake right? Actors are in relationships on screen all the time..."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

I think it was specifically for publicizing it which is particularly nuts.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

rotinaj posted:

That's apparently how a lot of wrestling locker rooms have been over the years, sadly. I vaguely remember hearing about how some promoters used to keep women wrestlers on staff, not because they were great wrestlers or big money draws, but because they wanted to have some women around for "the boys", so they wouldn't potentially get into trouble going to bars and picking up local women after the show. Wrestling's been a scummy business for a very long time.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

King Bahamut posted:

Remembering the part Eve Torres played in the Zack Ryder/John Cena brass ring travesty.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://twitter.com/ThePrinceMagus/status/1758287227682214113

Unsurprising but it's good that so much is coming out. The story isn't dying.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TheKingslayer posted:

That incident feels like one of the things non-wrestling people wouldn't understand.

"Yeah these two people were put in storylines to try and ruin their real life relationship because people in power thought Lana was too hot for Rusev. Then when they real life got married they were further punished."

"Ok but wrestling is fake right? Actors are in relationships on screen all the time..."

I recall stories about Dusty getting really pissed off at Baby Doll back in the day for dating/marrying Sam Houston instead of someone higher up the card.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CombineThresher posted:

I recall stories about Dusty getting really pissed off at Baby Doll back in the day for dating/marrying Sam Houston instead of someone higher up the card.

Also didn't help that Sam Houston was a major gently caress up too

I mean with his upbringing he never stood a chance

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Isn't there some kind of deadline today?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

stab posted:

Also didn't help that Sam Houston was a major gently caress up too

I mean with his upbringing he never stood a chance

That doesn't really have any bearing on "Dusty got mad at Baby Doll for marrying a midcarder", though?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That doesn't really have any bearing on "Dusty got mad at Baby Doll for marrying a midcarder", though?

Dusty got mad for her marrying a drunk maybe?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

stab posted:

A drunk in 1970's wrestling?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

stab posted:

Given the frankly staggering amount of drunks and drug addicts that came through the NWA during Dusty's reign in the 1980s, I'm going to have to guess that he didn't give two shits about anyone's extracurricular activities.

At the time, Baby Doll was in main event programs with Tully and Dusty (and later Flair), so he was likely pissed that not only did she get married (which, if it got out, made it harder to push her in kayfabe as the ultimate object of desire like Dusty had been doing), but that she didn't even marry a top-level guy (that he could have worked a program with where they "stole" BD). He likely viewed it as the rasslin' equivalent of marrying beneath her station. Houston's personal life and related fuckups probably never even entered into it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's not like I needed more ammo to say Dusty sucked poo poo but it's nice to know.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

It's not like I needed more ammo to say Dusty sucked eggs but it's nice to know.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

It's not like I needed more ammo to say Dusty sucked poo poo but it's nice to know.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In the 90s and 2000s the "IWC" consensus was Flair ruled and Dusty sucked. Then Cody rehabbed Dusty when we should have continued hating him and just started hating Flair too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rene put up clips of multiple women talking about their experiences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVibEOVQYII

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A good summation of the board's actions and what we know about what they knew surrounding Vince's return:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1758904140627894442

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That's apparently how a lot of wrestling locker rooms have been over the years, sadly. I vaguely remember hearing about how some promoters used to keep women wrestlers on staff, not because they were great wrestlers or big money draws, but because they wanted to have some women around for "the boys", so they wouldn't potentially get into trouble going to bars and picking up local women after the show. Wrestling's been a scummy business for a very long time.

Remember when multiple allegations came out that Moolah was straight up pimping her trainees out, while working for WWF, and nothing came of it?

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

A good summation of the board's actions and what we know about what they knew surrounding Vince's return:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1758904140627894442

With any luck, the SEC is going to rip into this company from top to bottom, but that's never a quick process. Plenty more Wrestlemania Moments to bank before Paul and co are barred from serving as directors ever again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Short update from Fightful, most interesting bits are a longtime employee saying the company looked at Johnny Ace as the fall guy and

quote:

We’ve spoken to one former talent who has indicated that they’re weighing the options of whether to tell their story via the media, or whether or not they wanted to take legal action. We will not provide their identity unless they approve of such.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-details-wwe-98626705

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

emjayo posted:

With any luck, the SEC is going to rip into this company from top to bottom, but that's never a quick process. Plenty more Wrestlemania Moments to bank before Paul and co are barred from serving as directors ever again.

anyone with legal knowledge know the process of this lawsuit + the timeframe? guessing it's gonna be multiple years?

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Presumably there will be civil lawsuits filed by the SEC, investors, other victims, but the courts will put them on hold until there is some resolution to the federal government's criminal investigation and any related criminal trials. So I will lean toward a longer timeline.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Short update from Fightful, most interesting bits are a longtime employee saying the company looked at Johnny Ace as the fall guy and

https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-details-wwe-98626705

They've always made sure the narrative was Johnny Ace was the "party guy" so this absolutely tracks with WWE crisis management.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

I think it was specifically for publicizing it which is particularly nuts.

I went and refreshed myself on the timeline. He was feuding with Dolph and Lana and together with Summer Rae in storyline. He got engaged to Lana in reality and they sent engagement photos to the locker room. Somehow they ended up at TMZ. Vince accused them of intentionally torpedoing the storyline and they both got buried forever, with Rusev going from heavily protected IC title contender to complete joke complete with Vince-speak emasculating promos from Summer. He asked for his release in 2017 and they didn't grant it. I do remember there being stuff in the Observer about how Vince didn't think they should be together because she's really hot and he's a big hairy Bulgarian dude.

And then when he did finally get released and jump to AEW, they booked Lana to go through tables on every show for weeks and weeks.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

can a president...pardon companies for federal financial crimes and other malfeasance?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eat This Glob posted:

can a president...pardon companies for federal financial crimes and other malfeasance?

its a calvinball democracy.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Companies are people so probably

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince McMahon is a predatory symptom of the Are Fredumbs nonsense.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Eat This Glob posted:

even if they couldnt as a company, they could still do it by individual, so its kind of a meaningless distinction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

I went and refreshed myself on the timeline. He was feuding with Dolph and Lana and together with Summer Rae in storyline. He got engaged to Lana in reality and they sent engagement photos to the locker room. Somehow they ended up at TMZ. Vince accused them of intentionally torpedoing the storyline and they both got buried forever, with Rusev going from heavily protected IC title contender to complete joke complete with Vince-speak emasculating promos from Summer. He asked for his release in 2017 and they didn't grant it. I do remember there being stuff in the Observer about how Vince didn't think they should be together because she's really hot and he's a big hairy Bulgarian dude.

And then when he did finally get released and jump to AEW, they booked Lana to go through tables on every show for weeks and weeks.

It's kind of insane you have to go back like, "Ok which of the three Rusev cuckold storylines did this happen in...?"