Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 33 hours!)

The Saudis just buy some real estate from Kushner and he fronts Trump.

He presents it as his family selling assets to fund his FIGHT FOR YOU.

The plus is you get to call Trump a rapist and convicted liar and fraudster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Convincing his base doesn’t really matter as they’ll never care, or just straight won’t even believe it happened. He has to convince people outside of his base and they’re not likely to believe anything Trump says if he’s accepting $400 million from the Saudis.

1: Most people outside of the die-hard MAGA base already don't believe anything that Trump says, so why not throw one more log onto the fire?

B: Come November, people are going to be more concerned about putting food on the table, or even being able to have a table inside of their home, or even having a home they can afford, then they're going to care about where Trump got his appeal money from. They're going to be angry at Biden and will hold it against him.

As people have mentioned, by this time next year Trump is either in jail, in the ground, or in the White House, so why not commit every crime possible to ensure that the latter is what occurs? The cornered animal is always the most dangerous.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If he doesn't ask for a stay, the judge in charge of liquidating the assets can get to work and he and the family are immediately banned from owning or directing companies in New York State.

A lawyer on Bluesky was explaining that getting any large sum of foreign money into the US, without violating the legal restrictions, within a month is nearly impossible. And you can't get $500B into the US by violating the restrictions without one or more banks noticing.

Has anybody seen his TruthSocial reaction? I want a shot of schadenfreude.

Just a typo but I'm incredibly tickled by the notion Trump is on the hook for half a trillion dollars

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Morally he is. But the law is slow to match.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It seems an equity fund manager's wife has made a GoFundMe for Trump's legal fees https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement

reported here https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-gofundme-civil-fraud-b2498021.html

$81k raised so far, showing that physical access isn't required to have your wallet inspected.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Does Donald Trump even have half a billion dollars in easily liquidated assets?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I wonder if we’ll ever realize the full scope how much campaign funding the GOP has lost to paying Trump’s legal fees and other grifting debts.

I swear I heard that’s one reason mid-terms went worse than expected for them, besides Dobbs, was less money because it all kept going to Trump. I could be wrong, but there was a lot more fatigue with him in Fall 2022 before the lawsuits got them to circle the wagons.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 33 hours!)

Kale posted:

Humor option: Saudi bank buys a 1/3 share of Mar-a-Lago for 500 million since it's worth $1.5B

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Rust Martialis posted:

The Saudis might stump up half a billion and probably have it onshore in banks already.
But if they give it to him as a direct gift, it's taxable. They have to somehow 'invest' it, and that comes under the scrutiny of the overseer.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kale posted:

I don't think anyone knows. He does own some properties that could be worth that on paper, but 1) If he want's to get them within a month to appeal it's going to be a quick sale so will go for less. 2) No one knows how much debt he has, and he may have issues selling assets if they're the collateral for the debt.

If he doesn't appeal -I think the only way he doesn't if he simply can't find that much money that quickly- then things are much easier for him if he does become president. He'll just find some way to get the money from overseas. If it looks bad, who cares, MAGA crowd will still love him and he's not running for any more elections, so everyone else what does it matter.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 17, 2024

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

No way Barbara Jones okays a quick cash sale of properties without overseeing the appraisal and price point. And that takes some weeks.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

If he doesn't have half a bill laying around today he will after these hit shelves.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1758964574647169256?s=20

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

I wonder if we’ll ever realize the full scope how much campaign funding the GOP has lost to paying Trump’s legal fees and other grifting debts.

I swear I heard that’s one reason mid-terms went worse than expected for them, besides Dobbs, was less money because it all kept going to Trump. I could be wrong, but there was a lot more fatigue with him in Fall 2022 before the lawsuits got them to circle the wagons.
Maga PAC and Save America PAC spent more than $52 million on legal fees for citizen Trump and his co-conspirators in 2023. Maga PACs used roughly 70% of all funds raised in 2023 to pay citizen Trump's legal fees. It is unknown if citizen Trump has paid any legal fees with his own money.

Business Insider has a very nice list of where all the money has gone.

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 18, 2024

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Just enjoying the fantasy of entities willing to lend TRump enough scratch to cover his appeals stipulating that he has to drop out of the race to get it.

I am not clear on why the Saudis or Musk or anyone in Russia would front him the cash. They'd want something in return. It's unlikely he'll win in November and he doesn't own anything. He can't launder money any more, that scheme's done.

He has no value, except to maybe 15% of Americans as their cult leader, and while he can still suck them dry, it'll take awhile and won't be nearly enough money in a short enough time-frame to stop the giant boulder that's rolling down onto him.

Not one cultist has wondered why this 'billionaire' needs their money so badly.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Billionaire troll idea: lend him the money at a pretty decent interest rate on the condition the name of the organization he's borrowing against is the Bitch, You Got My Fuckin' Money Political Action Committee
An organization that, despite its name, seeks to make sure Donald Trump isn't elected in the interest of the public welfare. Really

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

DTurtle posted:

Maga PAC and Save America PAC spent more than $52 million on legal fees for citizen Trump and his co-conspirators in 2023. Maga PACs used roughly 70% of all funds raised in 2023 to pay citizen Trump's legal fees. It is unknown if citizen Trump has paid any legal fees with his own money.

Business Insider has a very nice list of where all the money has gone.

Though one thing to consider is that each dollar going to feed Trump lawyers is a dollar not going to elections from the top down all the way to local dogcatcher. All things considered I'm ok with that.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
https://twitter.com/GrantCardone/status/1758623214824009972

https://twitter.com/SonnyBunch/status/1758855310071013771

They have raised about $150k from 3.3k donors in 24 hours already.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So the former President of the United States, a man who claims to be a billionaire and a financial genius is reduced to having to go to a gofundme to pay for his legal bills and fines. Am I getting this right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cimber posted:

So the former President of the United States, a man who claims to be a billionaire and a financial genius is reduced to having to go to a gofundme to pay for his legal bills and fines. Am I getting this right?

He probably has no involvement with the gofundme; his cultists do this sort of thing spontaneously

Also there’s a nonzero chance he never gets a penny of it and these people are grifting for themselves. A small chance, but potentially very funny

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

haveblue posted:

He probably has no involvement with the gofundme; his cultists do this sort of thing spontaneously

Also there’s a nonzero chance he never gets a penny of it and these people are grifting for themselves. A small chance, but potentially very funny

Wasn't that exactly what sent Steve Bannon to jail?

Wait no I forgot Trump pardoned him for exactly that but his three co-conspirators went to jail for it (lol) and he is currently appealing a jail sentence for defying a J6 committee subpoena (lol)

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Anno posted:

If he doesn't have half a bill laying around today he will after these hit shelves.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1758964574647169256?s=20

0_0

When I'm in my darkest place.....I look to my shoe closet and find my ugliest and worst made shoes.....a sign that America will rise from Donald Diaper's toilet.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

haveblue posted:

Pretty much 100% chance it's a scam. Cardone is a known Scintology big wig scammer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/grant-cardone-financial-influencer_n_64ada368e4b0e87d65574e9b

Pretty sure there is at least a couple of other "donate to trump" scams going at the moment as well.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

drat, at that rate Trump will be saved by 2030! I'm sure they'll find another 8 million Patriots to chip in an average of (checks calculator) $45? Really? God these people.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

haveblue posted:

I'm legitimately upset I didn't think of this first. I could use a generic slush fund for "Legal fees associated with our favorite President", especially since Taft died in 1930.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Fuschia tude posted:

Wasn't that exactly what sent Steve Bannon to jail?

Wait no I forgot Trump pardoned him for exactly that but his three co-conspirators went to jail for it (lol) and he is currently appealing a jail sentence for defying a J6 committee subpoena (lol)

Which is ironic because Bannon looks like he's spent 40 years in the clink drinking toilet wine.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

tecnocrat posted:

I'm legitimately upset I didn't think of this first. I could use a generic slush fund for "Legal fees associated with our favorite President", especially since Taft died in 1930.

"Legal fees associated with our favorite President".

*(All proceeded go to President of the 'Aren't Rat's super cool' Society, Herbenshire Chapter, Dr_Rat),

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rats are super cool.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Arsenic Lupin posted:

But if they give it to him as a direct gift, it's taxable. They have to somehow 'invest' it, and that comes under the scrutiny of the overseer.

It’s taxable in the hands of the gifter, not the recipient.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How does a foreigner giving gigantic sums of money to a citizen even work? Especially when that foreigner may be the head of state of their country? I imagine the US government would take a great interest in the Saudis giving anyone that much money.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

How does a foreigner giving gigantic sums of money to a citizen even work? Especially when that foreigner may be the head of state of their country? I imagine the US government would take a great interest in the Saudis giving anyone that much money.

Easiest way is to buy up a lovely property for a vastly inflated price, like with his idiot son in law. With someone representing the government needing to give sign off of Trump org finances now, not sure if that would even work?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Only 99.96% of the way to go! :haw:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1758971150309191806

These are even worse then the other ones

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1758994245006876897

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Why would someone with such tiny feet have such large shoes.

I don't think trump thought this out.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

dr_rat posted:

Why would someone with such tiny feet have such large shoes.

I don't think trump thought this out.

He stores hamburgers in the toes.

For later.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Do people even wear high tops anymore? The man really is stuck in the 80s.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Xiahou Dun posted:

He stores hamburgers in the toes.

For later.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I honestly believe that he designed these himself because they are hideous.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ah tenderize it all day while you walk. Smart.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Sundae posted:

Only 99.96% of the way to go! :haw:

They're this close!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

dr_rat posted:

Ah tenderize it all day while you walk. Smart.

Just like the Mongols.