Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WcDonalds no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I guess Boruto being off the air for a year is hitting them hard lmao

studios do commercial stuff because it pays well for a smaller amount of work not because theyre a last resort..

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ohtori Akio posted:

btw. just wanna say it's been excellent to see your life on the up slope verbal. it's taken a lot of hard and painful work for you to get here and i treasure the hope of that trend line continuing.

Thank you. As long as I keep at it the sky is the limit

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Is Pokémon the first movie good?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

get this man appreciating slice of life

Cool Gaia avatar

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gay for gacha posted:

yes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

gay for gacha posted:

the one with MewTwo? yeah that poo poo goes hard

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's a weird movie but it's a fun watch with or without nostalgia blinders.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the Minnesota Vikings dub joke ftw forever

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gay for gacha posted:

i liked it when i was 13 so yeah probably

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it didnt have enough battling for baby me when I saw it but it was a cultural phenomenon and I got a card of a dragonite with a messenger bag so impossible for me to objectively comment on its quality

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

gay for gacha posted:

i cried like a little bitch the first time i saw it. so yeah

gay for gacha posted:

Cool Gaia avatar

thank you i like it a lot too

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kwyndig posted:

No cute girls are into carpentry.

I love tree houses

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

symbolic posted:

the Minnesota Vikings dub joke ftw forever

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Only watched halfa that(funny how the pokemon thing ostensibly starring grownups feels 20x fluffier n emptier than the current kids show) but I'm glad to see a stopmotion thing find success.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

gay for gacha posted:

S'alright, but netflix's Pokemon: Coco/Secrets of the Jungle eats its lunch, go watch it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first pokemon movie rules. it's a weird mecha anime guy who wanted to kill ash writing a weird sci fi horror film. it's both cool as a movie and for how everything it defined about mewtwo in the wider cultural consciousness was just cause mewtwo's japanese va was famous for playing the phantom of the opera

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
oh yeah mewtwo does not get over in popular perception as a low voiced badass supervillain genius type without that movie

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first two pokemon movies are wild cause they were pretty critical to the franchise as a whole and all of the things that were impactful about them were the creation of the same guy who wrote goshogun, minky momo and the ruriruri focus episodes of nadesico. takeshi shudo was a beast

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And the dub had a Minnesota Vikings joke, which is kind of a weird relic of how the first generation of Pokemon had no real world building and was just kinda supposed to take place in the real world, what with how the museum had a model of the space shuttle Columbia and Lt. Surge was an American who fought in The War.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this all tracks because when MewTwo is on screen poo poo is going down and everyone knows it. the voice that sells it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they did some weird surround sound design trick with his voice that absolutely did not work right in my lovely hometown movie theater it sounded very crunchy and distorted. this is the main thing i remember about the film

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

And Coco still eats its lunch.

I remember checking out the cg remake and all those 4kidsisms I used to find horrifically embarrassing as a child turned out to be a lot of the script's charm(it's just kind of stiflingly self-serious otherwise) and it just isn't the same with them gone. No BROTHER, MY BROOOTHER, no sale.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean the cg remake removes a lot of the charm from the original jp version too, its just kind of an inferior remake

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

No don't fly away, I'd like to keep my clone blastoise please.

Like, holy poo poo, two blastoise!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the movie taking itself deeply seriously is good. it's really trippy and bizarre

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
and yeah a lot of what sells it is the original visuals, the environmental and mechanical design of mewtwo's castle is fantastic. can't imagine cheap cg doing it any favors

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
in other anime movie news

https://x.com/animetv_jp/status/1760039336010039507?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I still think the third Pokémon movie is probably the best one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

hate these titles a lot

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh poo poo, I haven't finished watching the second movie yet and I don't think the third is even subbed anywhere yet, I'll have to check this out

I probably won't be able to make it to a showing on the 24th so I'll have to go for the dub on the day afte--wait, dub!?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is wild, I never expected to see rascal in US theaters and there's a dub too. I guess I'm going to the movies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If you're wondering why I'm so shocked about that, last year there was a listing on Rightstuf for a box set of the series and first movie that said it included a dub, and then like a month after it went up, after a bunch of people had already preordered it, Aniplex looked at the listing and went "uh, no, that's wrong" and corrected it to be sub-only.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Okay watched all of Pokémon concierge, that was pretty fun and cool. I would recommend it to people learning Japanese.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How was the English dub of Concierge out of curiosity? The Japanese version had Ai Fairouz so that’s what I went with

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Waffleman_ posted:

hate these titles a lot

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Larryb posted:

How was the English dub of Concierge out of curiosity? The Japanese version had Ai Fairouz so that’s what I went with

Pretty serviceable dub, the lead is pretty good.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have never read or watched any SpyXFamily

Just finished episode one

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

a little late for borischat but heres one of my favourite shirts from 10 years ago, ft the cover art from the boris x asobi seksu split EP. its got a hole at the collar in the back and its pretty much exclusively a home shirt now but I cant bring myself to throw it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wow this really is a good show