Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Well, they outdid themselves.
And here we thought that stupid-rear end maze was the worst they'd come up with.

Actively alienating what little player base is left. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's a card back

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
like, it's an obscure optional challenge-secret that you'd have to be deep in the community to know it exists in the first place. there's nothing alienating about that, and certainly not the idea that you might have to talk to other people to do it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It’s a shame they didn’t lead with this one so we knew not to bother rather than do the other stuff before finding out it’s not gonna be possible

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

flatluigi posted:

like, it's an obscure optional challenge-secret that you'd have to be deep in the community to know it exists in the first place. there's nothing alienating about that, and certainly not the idea that you might have to talk to other people to do it

Yeah… sometimes I think people here will complain about any little thing in hearthstone no matter how much it actually matters

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It also doesn't impact anyone not trying to do it right, it requires 8 people collaborating in an 8 player game so you aren't even loving with people who aren't trying to do it.

It's basically the ideal way to implement an annoying as gently caress obscure puzzle.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RatHat posted:

Welp 3rd one has been found and it’s a doozy.

You need an 8 person team in Battlegrounds and have to tie for 8 rounds. If that was it it’d be easy but on turn 3 each player gets a minion with random stats and you need to coordinate with your opponent to tie. I’m gonna skip this one
You can't just sell board, or am I misunderstanding it?

EDIT: Oh it looks like a special mode appears and it becomes a totally different game after 3 rounds of ties.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Someone made a spreadsheet to solve the BG part of the puzzle.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blasmeister posted:

It’s a shame they didn’t lead with this one so we knew not to bother rather than do the other stuff before finding out it’s not gonna be possible

all the parts were released simultaneously, people have just been collaborating on solving it and this one was just the latest to fall

also I really don't know why y'all are writing off ever doing it. people on the secret solving discord still help people through years old content, you're not going to be unable to find a handful of people to group with you as long as there's still a game where having a special card back is going to matter to anyone

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1760016477162238447?t=56-y2V0FHZ8PEhX12j5dxg&s=1

patch Thursday, sludge warlock getting stabbed

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Hitting Shattered Reflections again is certainly a choice you can make. I guess the idea is to preemptively nerf Druid with its biggest predator getting worse? It’s lame to see such a cool card get shivved though. I guess with Leeroy coming back next month its days were always numbered.

Also, lol at listing classes instead of specific cards under the buff notes.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Probably they’re going to make it not work on Titans, because what other nerf can you possibly do that doesn’t either completely ruin the card or fail to deal with using it on Eonar?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao shattered reflections, what a bad card

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope they're aggressive with the DH buffs, the class has been pretty dead since Festival minus the degenerate naga stuff

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Having not played this game in 6ish years, the power creep is very funny. Most of the titans seem like essentially undercosted extremely powerful spells that would be worth casting on their own, but also give you a good-statted soft taunt body and free extremely powerful spells on subsequent turns if they manage to survive. It rules

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

flatluigi posted:

sludge warlock getting stabbed

Cannot wait to dust those cards, never failed to make a strong archetype work like I have with Sludge.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i had some success with sludge warlock before paladin got nerfed and the entire meta started teching against warlock

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dare I dream for some elemental shaman buffs?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rainbow DK is so fun when everything lines up perfectly. Just domed a paladin with 20 dmg to face on curve; game before, I stabilized and crushed a sludge warlock by rolling a cubelock hand from Harth, a cute little deck that I may or may not have played like 500 games of a lifetime ago.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I mean, DH is so very, very dead after rotation, they've gotta buff a tonne of stuff.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edit: Done

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 21, 2024

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The buffs… are all to cards that are rotating in a month? How lame. Most of these cards aren’t interesting even with buffs. I guess Thief Priest is something you can mess around with, but I can’t say +1/+1 on Coilskar Commander has me itching to revisit that card.

How disappointing. I guess the reasoning is that they don’t want to risk upstaging the new set by over-buffing something that’s sticking around and having it wreck a smaller format, but…

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Baffled by the buff decisions. I love how they put the entire icon for the classes and then gave them…that.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sure let's buff cards that will only ever see play in Wild to fix standard :bravo:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Excelzior posted:

sure let's buff cards that will only ever see play in Wild to fix standard :bravo:

wtf none of these except Shattered Reflections sees play in Wild. And thank the gods for that nerf.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

okay a few of them do but these buffs/nerfs have like zero real value in Wild

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

that's..not my point? I didn't say they ARE seeing play in Wild, I'm saying they're 100% worthless in standard (even post buff) and about to rotate into Wild

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

The buffs… are all to cards that are rotating in a month? How lame. Most of these cards aren’t interesting even with buffs. I guess Thief Priest is something you can mess around with, but I can’t say +1/+1 on Coilskar Commander has me itching to revisit that card.

How disappointing. I guess the reasoning is that they don’t want to risk upstaging the new set by over-buffing something that’s sticking around and having it wreck a smaller format, but…

Lmao what a whiff on the buffs

Like yeah, what was holding spell DH back was an additional 3/3 lifesteal and 1 damage on mark of scorn, not the fact that the deck has no win condition

The only card that looks remotely more interesting is the Harkener of Dread, since reborn on a taunt deathrattle minion can actually be quite annoying to deal with

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Excelzior posted:

that's..not my point? I didn't say they ARE seeing play in Wild, I'm saying they're 100% worthless in standard (even post buff) and about to rotate into Wild

oh poo poo sorry. i read that all wrong.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

man, I opened gunslinger kurtrus a couple days ago and was hoping I'd get a reason to try him out

I guess I do have souleater's scythe and jotun though

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The least they could have done is revert Shattered Reflections, then added the non-Titan text. At least then you could get some mileage out of things like Fye and Astral Automaton.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I like the idea of what they're trying to do but I don't think any of these buffs are significant enough to make a difference (other than enticing a few sickos into trying thief priest again)

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
As one of the few Wild players in this thread I'm happy to see Hooktusk get buffed to be a tiny bit more playable. She's still not going to be good by any means but at least my silly meme deck can start one turn earlier!

Most of these changes are unremarkable as far as I can see, but for me, Hooktusk getting a buff is like getting a late unexpected Xmas present. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

I guess I do have souleater's scythe and jotun though

Jotun is fun but his effect also doubles up any plagues you draw so Helya DK just murders you

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hoooold up a second ... if you steal the opponents ETC, you don't get to discover a card of his band?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

He only checks your pool, if you have one.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

These dumb buffs/nerfs reminds me to go through my collection and liquidate all the really useless cards from the rotating sets.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Buffing cards leaving standard is good but they were still too cautious. It’s smart to try to give cards a final shot at the spotlight to shake things up while we wait for rotation, and this also doesn’t affect future design plans since they are going to wild. The changes just aren’t significant enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Jotun is fun but his effect also doubles up any plagues you draw so Helya DK just murders you

in a few games with some jank I threw together, I faced almost entirely mages, largely excavate and a couple mechs. I had an acceptably positive winrate, so I'm going to confidently declare that spell relic dh is the new metabreaker not utter poo poo in some very particular circumstances