Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

FuturePastNow posted:

The FFXV event returns February 28th for anyone who needs the car.

Oh hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mr. Neutron posted:

The Xbox beta client is now available to download. It's about 80 gigs.

Trip report: seems to run at locked 60fps at 1080p, reasonably well at 1440p (Limsa main square drops frames, otherwise seems fine), choppy as hell all over the place at 4k (which is perplexing given how simple the graphics are but I guess that's consoles for you).

Note that you not only need a new Square account but also a new Microsoft account (since you don't want to link your main Xbox account to the trial one).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Players will look at t his

FuturePastNow posted:

The FFXV event returns February 28th for anyone who needs the car.

and say Hell Yeah

Hell Yeah

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
gently caress yeah, cars for everyone!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
HELL YEAH

edit: sweet glam too, HY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Surprised we haven't had an XVI event yet.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's coming in April or so?

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I think it's supposed to be coming out around the same time as the DLC

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

super sweet best pal posted:

Surprised we haven't had an XVI event yet.

The producer of FFXVI has been really hard to get ahold of.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Ojjeorago posted:

The producer of FFXVI has been really hard to get ahold of.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Don't forget, car will probably cost 200k MGP.
Get on that fashion report and mini cactpot

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I assume there's also going to be a XIV -in- XVI event too and I hope it's the just the same catgirl that got teleported to FFXV

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yeah, ff14's leviathan's gonna be in ff16 in april.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
complete with authentic no way to tell whether you need to turn on the shield or not?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mister Olympus posted:

complete with authentic no way to tell whether you need to turn on the shield or not?

It's gonna have an NPC who fakes you out by running to the button, but then not touching it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Don't forget, car will probably cost 200k MGP.
Get on that fashion report and mini cactpot

You'll need 230,000 MGP for everything in the Event:
  • Car: 200,000
  • Hairstyle: 20,000
  • Triple Triad Card: 10,000

Time to start spending Genesis Mogtomes on MGP Platinum Cards! You'll need 5 of them, so that means you need to farm up 150 Mogtomes.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
There's also the Fashion Report for 60k, challenge log(i.e. go punch Gilgamash about 5-6 times) for some freebies, and beating up that poor Greenthumb gal in the Triple Triad battle hall 10 times. And Verminion, which I don't understand because it's part of the ten billion optional things to do I haven't gotten to yet.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
verminion is a quick ~100,000mgp per week. sign up for tournament, play 5 master tournament matches, you get the 27000mgp for challenge log and roughly 70-90k from the tournament reward

if you've done hildi and some of kojin tribe it's super simple, before the start queue 4 wind-up kojin. when the match starts send them at the left or right enemy crystal, then queue up 4 more and send them at the other crystal when they're made. queue 4 wind-up gentlemen and send them at the middle crystal. when a crystal explodes send the kojin to the middle crystal. in roughly 2 minutes total you win

95% of the time this is all you need to do. like 5% of the time the AI gets tricky and you have to improvise at which point you kinda need to figure out a bit more how to play

also if instead of the minimum 5 for the challenge log, you play more and win 10 times, do that 4x and you get a penguin minion

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kheldarn posted:

You'll need 230,000 MGP for everything in the Event:
  • Car: 200,000
  • Hairstyle: 20,000
  • Triple Triad Card: 10,000

Time to start spending Genesis Mogtomes on MGP Platinum Cards! You'll need 5 of them, so that means you need to farm up 150 Mogtomes.

Do the clothes come from a quest? Cause I want to steal Noctis' shirt.

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do the clothes come from a quest? Cause I want to steal Noctis' shirt.

yes
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/ffxv/9tkdm9tw1g/

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nice and thanks!

Now where the Strangers of Paradise crossover that gives us /fistbump?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
/fistbump is already in the game. It's a recruit-a-friend reward I believe.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

YorexTheMad posted:

What is the best use for Ventures now, just Quick Explorations? Currently still level 80, as are my retainers. I have a ton of ventures but have been lazy about using them since I resubbed.

Just QE for me since I log in a few times during the day and I just have SMN retainers to save effort. Honestly, the best items I got were slightly outdated glams and every few months black/white dyes.

FWIW: I trade all the GC for ventures and I have 9k of them but nothing else I can buy from there.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there is a /fistbump emote in game already

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I forget, is there any particular level point where retainers can start bringing in dyes/rare glams, or are they always able to even from 1?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

I forget, is there any particular level point where retainers can start bringing in dyes/rare glams, or are they always able to even from 1?

It's just RNG but I updated their gear with my old stuff so maybe? I didn't notice an increase in the chance for better items tho.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think the coffers that drop dyes require 90?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Regalingualius posted:

Dyes come from Venture Coffers, which are only available to max level retainers.

The gear and other available returns seem to be based on level, with higher ilvl being more likely to return multiples of crafting stuff, or HQ equipment or crafting items if available. Gear doesn't influence the actual returns other than HQ/multiples, and can't change how many coffers you get.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I was thinking of buying a couple more retainers (just have the two free ones now). I assume the best way to do this is to get the Companion App upgrade for the first extra since it also comes with more Chocobo inventory?

Ultrapotassium
Feb 13, 2022

goblin week posted:

Might take a while, I'm a slow gamer and the only reason I decided to haul rear end through this weekend is because the weekly mogpendium challenge was from Eden stages I haven't unlocked yet (which I guess they can do?). I was totally blown away by 5.3 though, and also, would like to extend a formal apology to Emet-Selch for my previous posts

5.3 is the patch that made ES go from "bastard" to "magnificent bastard"

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FuturePastNow posted:

I was thinking of buying a couple more retainers (just have the two free ones now). I assume the best way to do this is to get the Companion App upgrade for the first extra since it also comes with more Chocobo inventory?

If I understand the app correctly, you don't get an additional retainer. It lets you buy an additional (9 instead of 8).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It took me a long time to come around on 5.3 because my initial read of it was you get to be the hero in all of this stuff because you're a Special Boy Reincarnation and that doesn't sit well with me. It was only recently that I realized the context is that whatever Emet-Selch's feelings about your aura and previous soul-owner implications, you got the crystal because he was bestowing the role to YOU. We were doing the job anyway, so we get the title to go along with it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

If I understand the app correctly, you don't get an additional retainer. It lets you buy an additional (9 instead of 8).

The companion app sub includes an additional retainer.

imo that and the extra saddlebag are 100% worth it if you're wanting an extra retainer to begin with.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I have the free saddlebag and I realize it's where I just leave all my old raid tokens that I clear out once a year now.

Although the glamour dresser is far from perfect it let me clear out my inv and retainers which is always nice except I have only <100 open slots now :shobon:

It's not that I wear all my old glams ...I just like the idea I could if I really wanted to and that's enough.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

And some of them were already such a pain in the rear end to get once, why do it again if you later finally think up something you could use it in

I say as my bags overflow

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

FuturePastNow posted:

Each extra retainer is $2.00 per month.

The Companion App upgrade is $5.00 per month, for one extra retainer and extra chocobo saddlebag storage. Plus the Companion 2 Framer Kit is unlocked as well.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

what's in your saddlebag(s) anyway?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I forgot I had pure black dye there since SB I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Baits, dyes, and treasure maps.