Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Honestly it's been quite refreshing to increasingly see older female actors getting decent roles. Something hollywoods traditionally been notoriously poo poo about obviously.
after being subject to the gruesome cosmetic transformation that is CGIfication surgery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Older female actresses can continue to get good roles as long as they can consistently pull off looking 20 years younger than their actual age

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Professor Beetus posted:

Older female actresses can continue to get good roles as long as they can consistently pull off looking 20 years younger than their actual age

see: Heather Graham

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/yourpalcrawf/status/1760142835884376199

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

after being subject to the gruesome cosmetic transformation that is CGIfication surgery

Yeah, it's not that impressive that older women get roles now that they can just CGI everyone into looking like a baby faced teen forever.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

animators are weirdos

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

animators are weirdos

always have been

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

animators are weirdos

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

always have been

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I can't tell if "the betoota advocate" is real or not

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that being said, this is a worker's rights issue and they shouldn't have been fired.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

Australia

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

indigi posted:

Incredibly real

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Imagining Steve Irwin or Crocodile Dundee saying "that there's a cuck chair" in an Australian accent

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tristeham posted:

the cate-heads are going berserk

i would kill for cate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

animators are weirdos

always have been

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Imagining Steve Irwin or Crocodile Dundee saying "that there's a cuck chair" in an Australian accent

"cuck" is a funny word for the australian accent since they tend to hit the U's in their words pretty hard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im a semi professional animator that grew up around animators if that helps your case

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

bluey's got a kook chair matet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al! posted:

bluey's got a kook chair mate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lol gently caress

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Australian accent: love to share my hawt woife with me mates

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Al! posted:

lol gently caress

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
there's no link to the story there, did they actually allude to it or is it just that there's a chair in the bedroom?

I guess it's kinda weird but if I had enough room I'd have a chair in my bedroom for a nice comfy place to read.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imagine getting rid of your nursing chair for any reason

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
this sounds made up but I've already told seven people as if it were fact.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Professor Beetus posted:

there's no link to the story there, did they actually allude to it or is it just that there's a chair in the bedroom?

I guess it's kinda weird but if I had enough room I'd have a chair in my bedroom for a nice comfy place to read.

The article gets into how the animator is very open and his cuck fetish so everyone in the office totally knew what he was doing by adding the chair even if he won't admit it. It's all insanely real and happened.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gumball Gumption posted:

The article gets into how the animator is very open and his cuck fetish so everyone in the office totally knew what he was doing by adding the chair even if he won't admit it. It's all insanely real and happened.

:stare:

well, ok then. carry on!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That's not a cuck chair. That's a cuck chair

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Lmao

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i mean i'm gonna defer to the animator, if they drew a cuck chair, it's a cuck chair. fired for truth

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Plank Walker posted:

i mean i'm gonna defer to the animator, if they drew a cuck chair, it's a cuck chair. fired for truth

death of the author. it could be a chair they use to put folded laundry on, before it gets put away

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

It's like the Onion

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Al! posted:

bluey's got a kook chair matet

new thread title

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Nichael posted:

we need a grim dark reboot of loonatics

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm desperate for adults to be normal about cartoons

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm desperate for adults to be normal about cartoons

It's insanely real and actually happened. They put a cuck chair in the cartoon

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cuckaburra

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It’s so weird how in the 90’s the Looney Tunes were way more popular with the classic shorts being omnipresent on tv, tons of merchandise, and of course Space Jam. While the Disney cast was completely dead outside the Duckverse (which didn’t even really use Donald) and I guess Goof Troop? Absolutely no one cared about Micky or any of the old shorts and Disney had instead gone all in on princess/renaissance stuff. Now Looney Tunes is dead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

galagazombie posted:

It’s so weird how in the 90’s the Looney Tunes were way more popular with the classic shorts being omnipresent on tv, tons of merchandise, and of course Space Jam. While the Disney cast was completely dead outside the Duckverse (which didn’t even really use Donald) and I guess Goof Troop? Absolutely no one cared about Micky or any of the old shorts and Disney had instead gone all in on princess/renaissance stuff. Now Looney Tunes is dead.

it's a microcosm of Time Warner being supremely hosed up and incompetent in the 21st century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

death of the author. it could be a chair they use to put folded laundry on, before it gets put away

Wait is that not what a cuck chair is? What’s cucking then? Oh god I have to change all my dating profiles