Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
There has to be a word for the character in a mystery that is setup too well and too early to be the perp, so you know it can't be them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ingmar terdman posted:

but what movie was matt watching

I retract my question, it was toni watching a movie

what was she watching

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

perp boy

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Fresh voices!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Suspectd with known motive and opportunity we know to I was the target:

Axiom: former lover, mad she broke up Dekkar. Illegal
Manuel Fusti: illegal
Rosetti the rat: corrupt da mad she won't testif
Ricky taffi: always jealous of Tim, probably doesn't know they divorced
The joker: he's killed before

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 21, 2024

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Toni did mention there was 1 jilted lover since Tim. Then Tim was trying to deport Axiom. Maybe its a frame, a setup! I'll check his shoes one sec

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You can see his shoes for about 1/2 a second in Ride With the Devil and they don't match:

Timestamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsoQLYZ1X8&t=267s

Compare to:

Axiom is innocent

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

does axiom even have a right hand any more

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
this has got to have tim pissed

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

feel like T. Amato called in a hit to get rid of Toni who might be working with the feds. Was it Joey P? I don't think so, he seems too nice. Maybe another lackey of Dads?

BWV fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 21, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why are we even debating who the shooter is when we could be out there finding him or giving blood to Matt. This is both a righteous cause and will allow them to get back to what matters: the movies.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Doltos posted:

Why are we even debating who the shooter is when we could be out there finding him or giving blood to Matt. This is both a righteous cause and will allow them to get back to what matters: the movies.

heinetwork.tv/give

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Salt Fish posted:

You can see his shoes for about 1/2 a second in Ride With the Devil and they don't match:

Timestamped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsoQLYZ1X8&t=267s

Compare to:

Axiom is innocent

If you believe he only owns one pair of shoes

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you believe he only owns one pair of shoes

Find the shoes
Find the shooter

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The shooter didn't go to a hospital or they'd be apprehended. If they died they would been found by now.

They went to an off books hospital. Check the local Pep Boys

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tfw you're still valiantly trying to keep your movie review podcast on topic after all these years

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Juul-Whip posted:

tfw you're still valiantly trying to keep your movie review podcast on topic after all these years

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gregg's "Hey guys" at the beginning and "What movie?" were incredible lines. So hosed up.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

my guess would be that its joey and was doing a hit so that amato could legally get his hands on all that sweet lithium at the HEI ranch (toni's property)

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder what joey's take on all this will be

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Holy poo poo...

It's the knock out (knocking on the door), all the blood, sweat, and tears (Matt's blood, Tim's sweat, Gregg's tears at movies being skipped), all the hard work we've been putting in for years (hei ranch)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Doltos posted:

Holy poo poo...

It's the knock out (knocking on the door), all the blood, sweat, and tears (Matt's blood, Tim's sweat, Gregg's tears at movies being skipped), all the hard work we've been putting in for years (hei ranch)

:aaaaa:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I gotta say, I have a deep reapect for Matt after all this. He spent months tricking Tim into thinking Dr. San was contacting him from beyond the veil AND he won’t get caught slacking, even at home. I hope he pulls through and isn’t smothered in his hospital bed live during the oscar special.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Nichael posted:

Gregg's "Hey guys" at the beginning and "What movie?" were incredible lines. So hosed up.

The slow movement from Gregg from straight man to slightly, sadly unhinged, to a psychopath on par with Tim is masterful

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like how agreeable and defeated he was when Tim said they wouldn't be doing movies this week unless he absolutely insisted and it was only 84 minutes anyway and Gregg was like "Nah... That's too short"

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I know I said this last year too but the actress who plays Toni Newman is so incredibly good, really takes things to the next level

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JAMOOOL posted:

I know I said this last year too but the actress who plays Toni Newman is so incredibly good, really takes things to the next level

The show has incredible casting and performances. Everyone has a ton of range.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Salt Fish posted:

Toni did mention there was 1 jilted lover since Tim. Then Tim was trying to deport Axiom. Maybe its a frame, a setup! I'll check his shoes one sec

HMMMM we all know a certain movie buff is a ladies man (wooing them with VHS tapes in cardboard box) AND he knows how to fire a gun per his tribute to James Bond during an Oscer special....

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The VFA Is MOVING!!!!

The VFA has outgrown its old building, which is bursting at the seams from so many rare and precious movies we have acquired through our industry sources as well as other secret sources. We need a Giant building such as an old Kmart building that is now vacant, or a sky-scraper, to house all these movies. Who out there could donate a building? If you are in real estate and have an old building that needs some TLC, and that will soon become famous when it becomes the new V.F.A., get in touch. Preferably it would have living quarters for our Archivist as well. The temperature inside the building must be kept cool so that there is no damage to the tapes. Any one who donates a building will have automatic use of the film library (select titles) and will have a plaque in their honor (right next to plaques honoring Humphrey Bogart, Hitchcock, and other movie heroes). We will also hopefully have movie actors place their hand prints in cement when the building opens to the public for screenings and to accept donations.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ahahah omg the guiness records link on greggs blog just goes here:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also it had somehow completely slipped my mind that tim has to destroy greggs tapes every year. excited to see how this move to a new building will somehow end up with all the tapes destroyed again

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

JAMOOOL posted:

Yeah they kill it with casting on the show. It's not easy to be like you're a handicapped personal investigator and come up with the LaRue character. Same with G.Amato or Kylie or Toni or Joey. Like Joey Patron could have come in and been an obnoxious maga bro but he plays it way better as someone still vaguely into the production value of the show.

I, Butthole posted:

The slow movement from Gregg from straight man to slightly, sadly unhinged, to a psychopath on par with Tim is masterful

Loved the whole saga with him cashing medicare checks and barely taking care of brain dead Mark.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Even Ax and Manuel do a great job and I sincerely doubt they were originally cast to act at all

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah that's the thing they get really good 'performances' out of people who aren't really acting, or are basically just being themselves

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love him to death but it makes it so much funnier that joe is significantly worse at acting than his entire family

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Still one of the best bits was tim reading joes entire list of credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

during one of the Oscar Specials they play a clip of one of his movies and it's somehow more insane than anything that's been on the show