Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

honestly, it will probably happen, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Sukuna just says gently caress the merger if he loses. He seems mostly interested in seeing what happens so he can kill it, if he fails here he might just not give a gently caress entirely about Kenjaku's plan, which would be a wild narrative turn in a series full of them but also hilarious in terms of Kenjaku's multiple centuries of planning not panning out because his trump card is a self-centered piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tosk posted:

honestly, it will probably happen, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Sukuna just says gently caress the merger if he loses. He seems mostly interested in seeing what happens so he can kill it, if he fails here he might just not give a gently caress entirely about Kenjaku's plan, which would be a wild narrative turn in a series full of them but also hilarious in terms of Kenjaku's multiple centuries of planning not panning out because his trump card is a self-centered piece of poo poo

Sukuna is a petty bitch though. Dude will throw a fit if you step too close to him. Especially if he gets taken down by our favorite stupid boy's soul punches it's real easy to imagine him basically going "No, fuckyoooooooou" instead of "Good fight."

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah I kinda expect Sukuna to break down as they start losing. committing all the sins he accuses lessers of doing

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

yeah I kinda expect Sukuna to break down as they start losing. committing all the sins he accuses lessers of doing

It would be the inevitable unravelling of a classic villain, which i guess Sukuna really is like the epitome of.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ImpAtom posted:

Sukuna is a petty bitch though. Dude will throw a fit if you step too close to him. Especially if he gets taken down by our favorite stupid boy's soul punches it's real easy to imagine him basically going "No, fuckyoooooooou" instead of "Good fight."

We're gonna get the reverse stand proud "I hate you loving kill yourself" Yuji to Sukuna meme in the actual manga and im gonna go apeshit for it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't want Yuji to host any other cursed spirits! Not for 10 years at least!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think we're heading up to a point where Sukuna realises as he gets beat that he actually kind of appreciates his relationship with Yuji.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think we're heading up to a point where Sukuna realises as he gets beat that he actually kind of appreciates his relationship with Yuji.

And that thought makes him sick to his mouth-stomach.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

We're gonna get the reverse stand proud "I hate you loving kill yourself" Yuji to Sukuna meme in the actual manga and im gonna go apeshit for it

Oh hell yeah

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Gege did really well making Sukuna an antagonist you love to hate, whatever comeuppance we get is going to be sweet

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think whats funny is that Sukuna is seemingly regressing. Earlier it felt like he was above the whole thing, that if he died having a good fight he's be ok with it, but Yuji is starting to grate at his existence.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think Sukuna's downfall will be to actually doubt himself and his beliefs- not in a "am I the baddy?" way but in a "Am I actually self-realized?"/"Is my philosophy on life wrong?" thing. The big thing that keeps happening is that people who could win, lose because they aren't truly self-actualized.

Gojo could've prevented all of this if he had just become the person he was on the verge of becoming before Geto snapped- he broke himself to take on Geto's conscience in his absence and weakened himself. Toji did the exact same thing in his fight with Gojo; he normally trusted his instincts and had a completely practical outlook where even as powerful as he was he didn't take fights he didn't have to, but he got tempted to finally truly one-up the Jujutsu World that spurned him and bit off more than he could chew. "I twisted myself to affirm myself".

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I think Sukuna's downfall will be to actually doubt himself and his beliefs- not in a "am I the baddy?" way but in a "Am I actually self-realized?"/"Is my philosophy on life wrong?" thing. The big thing that keeps happening is that people who could win, lose because they aren't truly self-actualized.

Gojo could've prevented all of this if he had just become the person he was on the verge of becoming before Geto snapped- he broke himself to take on Geto's conscience in his absence and weakened himself. Toji did the exact same thing in his fight with Gojo; he normally trusted his instincts and had a completely practical outlook where even as powerful as he was he didn't take fights he didn't have to, but he got tempted to finally truly one-up the Jujutsu World that spurned him and bit off more than he could chew. "I twisted myself to affirm myself".
Yeah, sukuna going "I'm making an exception to crush your ideals" is gonna be his downfall, and it's a wonderful inversion to have the big bad possessing the protag brought down by its (negative) attachment

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Fabricated posted:

having seen what we did of gojo post-toji but before geto snapped, is that even a good thing? at the very least he seemed easily manipulated, but imo it wouldn't be surprising if he succumbed to the same sort of thing sukuna did

gojo being a different person invalidates the entire series prior, but fun to think about an outcome where sukuna and yuji were separated and still hate each other but they have to kill gojo

stuker fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 23, 2024

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It'd also be neat if JJKs final message is that finding harmony within yourself through your connections with others is likewise a valid path towards self-actualization.

Which makes sense, for as much as the work is permeated with both diegetical and non-diegetical allusions to how selfishness makes you stronger, we also have its two core protagonists consistently only able to move forward through embracing love and friendship.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Given how depressed Megumi is, it would be funny if Sukuna is defeated, and Megumi regains control of his body only for Megumi himself to start the merger.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Perhaps a weird question and not where the manga is going anyway but what would happen if Megumi killed himself?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering the situation, he and sukuna would prob just be dead since everyone is aiming to kill sukuna right now

but sukuna brought yuji back to life when he killed himself that one time so megumi doing the same isn't exactly a surefire way to deal with sukuna

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

but sukuna brought yuji back to life when he killed himself that one time so megumi doing the same isn't exactly a surefire way to deal with sukuna

It would be a surefire way if Megumi uses a cursed technique

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

rkd_ posted:

Perhaps a weird question and not where the manga is going anyway but what would happen if Megumi killed himself?

How would he he’s not even in control of the body anymore

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rkd_ posted:

He can't. Megumi has no way to do anything to himself. He's a prisoner in his own body.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Meme Emulator posted:

How would he he’s not even in control of the body anymore

E: NVM I misread.

rkd_ fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 23, 2024

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

he's gonna summon a second copy of mahoraga inside his soulscape that adapts to give him therapy

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
nobara would've got his rear end up

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

he's gonna summon a second copy of mahoraga inside his soulscape that adapts to give him therapy

Not even Maho can adapt to this poo poo.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Nobara had to be removed from the story because she is too powerful. She likely hard-counters Sukuna’s body posession and also could have gotten Megumi’s rear end up.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

He can't. Megumi has no way to do anything to himself. He's a prisoner in his own body.

might still be a question if they separate megumi/sukuna, but based on last chapter it seems like that would require megumi to not be suicidal

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Flair posted:

Given how depressed Megumi is, it would be funny if Sukuna is defeated, and Megumi regains control of his body only for Megumi himself to start the merger.

Honestly betting on this now. Doubly so with a bit of dramatic irony that Megumi thinks Sukuna is still a danger or something and gets baited into it as a last gently caress-you.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Nobara had to be removed from the story because she is too powerful. She likely hard-counters Sukuna’s body posession and also could have gotten Megumi’s rear end up.

Nobara had to be removed from the story because after sukuna and the rest of the cast dies or is horribly maimed they are going to need someone to come out of retirement to be the lead for the second, post merger, part

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Nobara had to be removed from the story because after sukuna and the rest of the cast dies or is horribly maimed they are going to need someone to come out of retirement to be the lead for the second, post merger, part

With the way things are going I expect the author to draw the last page, drop his pen, declare Boogie Woogie is dead, and get a job as a hermit who never has to meet a Shonen Jump deadline again.

Though most manga artists do seem insane so maybe not.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The next chapter will have every character implied, but not confirmed, to be dead or out of commission come in and just stomp Sukuna to death while the main characters mock him.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Nobara Tendency

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nobara will come back jacked, looking like a cast member of Cromartie Highschool

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Shinjobi posted:

Nobara will come back jacked, looking like a cast member of Cromartie Highschool

:hmmyes:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Nobara in the second to final chapter, half cyborg face, cursed nailgun for a hand: "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nobara will be a flesh Voltron and it will be extremely gross

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7678/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-252?date=1-3-2024-13

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you cannot be serious

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Of course Sukuna survives... Pretty good chapter though setting the stage for yet another reversal from Sukuna...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Now I'm looking forward to the "Nah, I'd win." Sukuna edit.