Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"All of Russia" is not in Europe culturally, nor has it ever been, wtf

It was always Western Russia. Siberia is extremely Asian influenced, and most of Russia is geographically in Asia.

Western Russian European culture dominated those regions, but that's not their indigenous cultural identity.

Anders posted:

USSR after Stalin got into power
China when Mao started the Cultural Revolution
Poland
Germany in 1932
France during the Jacobins

I think it's the first time the worlds largest superpower does though, but it's not unique in a historical context

Italy in the late 20s
Arguably the English Civil War
The American Civil War is actually extremely stupid petty and barbaric poo poo, if anyone takes even like a few minutes to analyze it without "Lost Cause" blinders on: fighting for the right for rich people to own other people.

Really the Civil War never ended: they just found new ways to tell dumbfuck poorer whites they had it better than minorities because they are white, and hey don't look over at the plantation owners/ billionares robbing you blind, it's brown people's fault.

If you are looking at a way back Historical example

The Progroms of the Late Roman Republic into the Empire

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Failed Imagineer posted:

The contiguous US and Europe are pretty comparable size wise (Europe used to be bigger than the contiguous US but I guess all of Russia is definitively Not Europe now due to ideological distinction).

The cultural differences in distance perception seem to be more about American lack of public transport infrastructure, and the corollary of American willingness to commute insane distances by car

I think it's more that Americans are so used to think Everything is Bigger in America you don't realize that other people drive long distances too. But driving from Lisbon to Baku takes longer than driving from Portland, Main to Los Angles by around 20 hours - not that many people do like they do in the US. Most of our better public transportation is in the cities, and some trains. You have much cheaper and frequent air plane travel making long journeys easier, less expensive and faster. Even within the EU, driving from Gibraltar to Rovanjemi takes about the same time as across the US. If you include Norway it takes almost 60 hours to Kirkenes

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

TulliusCicero posted:

It was always Western Russia. Siberia is extremely Asian influenced, and most of Russia is geographically in Asia.

Western Russian European culture dominated those regions, but that's not their indigenous cultural identity.

Italy in the late 20s
Arguably the English Civil War
The American Civil War is actually extremely stupid petty and barbaric poo poo, if anyone takes even like a few minutes to analyze it without "Lost Cause" blinders on: fighting for the right for rich people to own other people.

Really the Civil War never ended: they just found new ways to tell dumbfuck poorer whites they had it better than minorities because they are white, and hey don't look over at the plantation owners/ billionares robbing you blind, it's brown people's fault.

If you are looking at a way back Historical example

The Progroms of the Late Roman Republic into the Empire

Well, username checks out

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

TulliusCicero posted:

No, but it still takes 32 hours to drive from St. Petersburg to Chelyabinsk, and 38 hours from Sochi. The European part of Russia is still YUGE. Sochi to Murmansk is even further, clocking in at 44 hours

edit: Pedantic, but Russia was only in Europe until the early 1500s

Anders fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 23, 2024

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece

Grey Cat posted:

Why don't they just liquidate Trump's asses?

For that they would need the Court of Assizes.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Want to correct something, the dumbfuck poorer whites comment: not trying to generalize, American elite have spent more than a century getting more economically disadvantage whites to stay "dumb" about the world on purpose by destroying the ability for them to actually be educated and using racism to make them seem like they have it better than "those people", so that they can be manipulated into letting elites do whatever they want, and not siding with their obvious class allies, ie everyone else.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 23, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Now I know how the Romans felt!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

what the gently caress

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

bigly, bigly positive towards the negative

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/bidenhq/status/1760783335909925116?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the john madden of politics

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

Increasingly incoherent coding, horrible graphics, and terrible marketing gimmicks?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He maddens me all right

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

BAM!

Tough actin' loves frackin'

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

Want to correct something, the dumbfuck poorer whites comment: not trying to generalize, American elite have spent more than a century getting more economically disadvantage whites to stay "dumb" about the world on purpose by destroying the ability for them to actually be educated and using racism to make them seem like they have it better than "those people", so that they can be manipulated into letting elites do whatever they want, and not siding with their obvious class allies, ie everyone else.

imagine someone with an appalachian accent becoming president or ceo of something, it just wouldn’t happen, classism is built into the system

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Tuberville is the absolute stupidest fucker alive

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Nessus posted:

Is there an official Leftist Gun Company or do you just buy twenty AR-15s and call it a day?

I’d suggest starting here:

https://www.rocket-armory.com/

https://offcolordecals.com

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TulliusCicero posted:

This is what I meant earlier:

Florida is a lost cause: that state is completely loving insane

thanks to their support of climate change, it's a problem that will solve itself when the ocean inundates them

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Alan Smithee posted:

what the gently caress

Watch the excellent "What We Do In The Shadows" series.

The vampires realised that when you die, your ghost leaves your body. As they had died when they became vampires, their ghosts must still exist, so they held a seance to talk to their own ghosts. Nadja's ghost wanted to remain on Earth so decided to inhabit a doll. The Nadja ghost doll became a recurring character in the household. Lazlo had to wank his own ghost off to allow it to move on into the afterlife.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Alan Smithee posted:

what the gently caress

What We Do In The Shadows, season filmed with covid restrictions is the source.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

The Nadja ghost doll became a recurring character in the household. Lazlo had to wank

:ohno:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

git apologist posted:

imagine someone with an appalachian accent becoming president or ceo of something, it just wouldn’t happen, classism is built into the system

They do have tokens

A lot of white elites play up the the downhome "aw schucks" act to appeal to them

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1760884078717305117 https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1760881016414306610

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

God please run on this

Just keep saying how proud you are of your big brain regression that has caused your party non stop losses, you utter piece of poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Naw, Madden was way smarter, and was a genuinely good person.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want him to do you so much you could do anything?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/PostLeftWatch/status/1760455629469343931 In lol tankie news

https://twitter.com/EmilyAReinhardt/status/1760852911486095381 Also probably another gop talking point.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TulliusCicero posted:

God please run on this

Just keep saying how proud you are of your big brain regression that has caused your party non stop losses, you utter piece of poo poo

It's a safe bet he'll run on insane gibberish

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You're going to say
You're going to believe
You're going to believe in God
You're going to believe in God because God is here

It's like he's playing Simon

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

lol good thing hes surrounded by insane idiots who will keep suggesting to him hes doing great by running on issues like abortion

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What a country

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TulliusCicero posted:

I REALLY want to know who this guy was directly working with, bet it's Rudy, Bannon, and Stone directly.

I imagine they rearrested him because he's a flight risk/ actively committing more crime?

I think the most likely thing is that Bannon and Rudy are somehow involved and probably worked together to do the "Hunter Biden Laptop" thing knowing what they had came from Russia via Smirnov. What's more interesting is what could end up happening to a lot of the other players. The FBI spent a lot of time and effort on this and it feels like they knew from early on that he wasn't reliable, but let a lot of information out and let Russian provided propaganda become the basis for an impeachment effort. If the FBI has been counter-investigating these claims all along you could make the case that Wray should be fired and that House members like Comer and Jordan should be reassigned for all the poo poo they did knowing it was likely all of it was lies. I would make the case that Garland should go as well, he's proven he isn't able to stand up to Republican pressure to investigate his boss (Biden Documents and the Smirnov allegations both got special investigations almost as soon as they became a thing), but drags his feet when it comes to doing ANYTHING about President Crimes breaking the law in open daylight.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
As dumb as Trump and the GOP are, I honestly believe that America is somehow dumber still, and consequently his fat rear end is going to thread the needle into becoming president again.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

here, have some nitemare fuel

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
The entire Republican party is basically:

let's declare poo poo everyone is okay with is bad!

and

"surely the courts will back us" - which sadly has been the case with Trump and federalist societ judges but not anyone else in reality.

Thankfully we stopped the military appointment bullshit from Tuberfucker so they couldn't try to subvert the military.

The right to private sex acts isn't even a question and they're going to try for a soundbite on that? Just stupid.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

all of Russia is definitively Not Europe now

TulliusCicero posted:

It was always Western Russia.

Correct "all of Russia" is Not Europe now. However "some of Russia" i.e. Western Russia, used to be. Now it is not, therefore "all of Russia" is Not Europe now.

If you need further information, please read the above again.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

quote:

Lindell said in a phone interview that Lindell Management LLC is the company that put on the event, not him personally, and that he’s strapped for cash. He said while his pillow company is “doing fine,” “I don’t have any money.” “I have a pickup truck and a house that I live in. That’s it,” he said.

Man, it sure is weird how these chud pauper-kings have the scratch to fly around on private jets and launch "websites", but the instant you lay eyes on them they're shaving at a McDonald's and living out of pickup trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

notwithoutmyanus posted:

The entire Republican party is basically:

let's declare poo poo everyone is okay with is bad!

and

"surely the courts will back us" - which sadly has been the case with Trump and federalist societ judges but not anyone else in reality.

Thankfully we stopped the military appointment bullshit from Tuberfucker so they couldn't try to subvert the military.

The right to private sex acts isn't even a question and they're going to try for a soundbite on that? Just stupid.

Going after recreational sex in 2024 is loving wild to me

That poo poo has to poll at like 7% maybe

Lmao make that a talking point GOP