Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ERAOFMONE/status/1760881879211773952

raquel gonzalez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
triple B

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Just watched the Elimination Chamber press event on Youtube and the chat absolutely poo poo itself when Rhea and Grayson finished off the even with a shoey.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gone.

Just add a screenshot if it’s a tweet worth sharing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

edogawa rando posted:

Gone.

Just add a screenshot if it’s a tweet worth sharing.

It was just trips introducing Raquel Rodriguez as Raquel Gonzales (her real last name so not so bad I guess)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

welp. mr pooper was injured on a house show. out 6-7 months. meniscus.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Tornhelm posted:

Rhea and Grayson finished off the even with a shoey.

can someone translate australian to english?

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Hirez posted:

can someone translate australian to english?

Haven't seen it, but from context:

WWE Superstars and Proud Australians Rhea Ripley and Grayson Waller filled shoes with beer and then drank the beer from the shoe, a classic Australian tradition*

*that has only emerged in the last decade, it wasn't around before that**

**confirmed by me, Australian from birth

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/wwe/status/1760894170577744134?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

That DICK! posted:

welp. mr pooper was injured on a house show. out 6-7 months. meniscus.

well what the gently caress are they gonna do for night one of a buy one get one extravaganza now?? the whole thing was built around mr pooper

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Wait, Cody is injured?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Meltzer reported that Cody is being retooled while Rock is in the title picture, he read out this press sheet which was supposed to sum it up:

"Cody Rhodes will soon be redebuting as Oh No Cody-o!!

With his charming tattooed neck! Steaming arroz con pollo hat! Cute weight belt! Cool boots, vital for any wrestler! And his bold and trendy Oh No shirt! That's right! He's the pride of the midcard...
Oh No...Cody-O!!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cody will turn heel and the rock will become face

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
sean ross sapp reporting that cody has bought a very nice pair of shoes, no word on the impact on mania plans yet but should be up soon for premium subscribers

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

shiksa posted:

sean ross sapp reporting that cody has bought a very nice pair of shoes, no word on the impact on mania plans yet but should be up soon for premium subscribers

Now we know who won the $9000 bid for the Trump sneakers at Sneakercon :tinfoil:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rhea Ripley and Grayson Waller doing a shoey is fun, but if they really want to capture fans in 'straya Grayson should do a bubbler

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elimination chamber entry order determined by how quickly you drink your bag of cheap lovely wine suspended from the roof of your pod

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Piss beer out of a stinky shoe is about the level of the product so of course the fans love it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Elimination chamber entry order determined by how quickly you drink your bag of cheap lovely wine suspended from the roof of your pod

I was going to call it the goon chamber but that's something else entirely

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheKingslayer posted:

Piss beer out of a stinky shoe is about the level of the product so of course the fans love it.

Australian culture at its finest

Sorry, that's not fair. One of the two would've had to say something racist for it to be the full Australian

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

garycoleisgod posted:

*that has only emerged in the last decade, it wasn't around before that**

**confirmed by me, Australian from birth

Nah, its at least 20 years old - originally it was "shoot the boot" and coined by Rugby players, so of course we shortened it to shoey about a decade ago.

Not blaming you for not knowing it though, because Rugby loving sucks.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Australian culture at its finest

Sorry, that's not fair. One of the two would've had to say something racist for it to be the full Australian

Get Rhea on Twitch and I'm sure that could happen.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nobody knows those randos, we need real Perth superstars like Nick Miller and Shane Thorne

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bring back nathan jones

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SG Bamboo posted:

Nobody knows those randos, we need real Perth superstars like Nick Miller and Shane Thorne

Shane Haste is too busy being a loving weird unit in New Japan.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

zetamind2000 posted:

bring back nathan jones

I want Nathan Jones and Robert Maillet as Bill & Ted type dude friends trying to escape a wrestling event they wanted to attend as part of the audience but where everybody wants them to wrestle.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Congratulations to the promotion of the year!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Wow, Triple H really is Corporate Officer #1

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

Wow, Triple H really is Corporate Officer #1

lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...alia-suez-canal

The cargo ship containing the Elimination Chamber as well as other set pieces got boarded temporarily by Actual Pirates in the red sea, which might be symbolic

E: correction: they had to reroute it to avoid pirates. still! Pirates! Paul Burchill!

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 23, 2024

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s not what the article says at all, it’s nowhere near that interesting.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
They had to reroute because of all the bombing right?

Are we really having another event with only four matches? Did they just decide not to invite any of the midcard?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Here's the actual quote

Cole: “This is a structure which took over a month to get here. Originally, it was supposed to ship through the Suez Canal, but pirates made sure that didn’t happen. So it was sent to Miami. It was then shipped by truck to Los Angeles, put on a ship to Sydney, sent on a train over here to Perth. And now the Elimination Chamber is being constructed as we speak, right behind us in the stadium here in Perth.”

Graves: “Did you say pirates, Cole?”

Cole: “Yes, pirates in the Suez Canal.”

Graves: “We had to endure actual piracy to get here to Perth.”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

The cargo ship containing the Elimination Chamber as well as other set pieces got boarded temporarily by Actual Pirates in the red sea, which might be symbolic

E: correction: they had to reroute it to avoid pirates. still! Pirates! Paul Burchill!

He doesn't say it got boarded he just says it was supposed to go through the Suez Canal but got rerouted to Miami.

Edit: Wow already beaten by an edit I should have seen!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

god if only they had to tried to get it through by doing the CHINESE SHIP/CREW gimmick

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah that was me getting clickbaited super hard by a bleacher report tweet saying it had been actually interrupted by pirates, despite then going to CSS to get a not-made-up version. Media Literacy++

In conclusion, maybe we should learn from the pirates and not pay for the show imo

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Man people are really getting desperate for new ways to pirate Elimination Chamber :dadjoke:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd be more interested in a movie about trying to transport the Elimination Chamber through pirate infested waters before the show starts than the show itself. Alternately a movie about what pirates would do with an Elimination Chamber.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

acknowledge me. i’m the champion now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The hammers are safe on Vince's private yacht.